Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe The Like System

UKFootballScore

I just wanted a little bit a clarity on the like system and its 'rules'

A few times I've seen staff saying about not 'liking' silly posts etc… and is that right or are we not allowed to like what we want? I understand the idea of the people who have the moat likes should be the person who gets likes on actual content but if I like a comment is it not my decision as a user to click the like button and not get questioned why I did it?

For example if someone put a comment on my career I'd like that so am I not allowed to like it?

Literally just asking that question

Yes, ultimately it's your decision - to use the system correctly or not

And to add to that, if you liked something that wasn't in line for the reason for likes, what's the harm in using that opportunity to remind people why we actually have likes?

By the way, if you want help on anything to do with FMH or the site I suggest using the search function, as it may get you results sooner than waiting for a reply. If you'd have searched about likes, you'd have found this - http://fmhvibe.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/21485-Liking-Posts---What-is-it-and-how-to-get-them%3F

That has all the relevant information, and also says that any questions can be asked on that thread.

Liking a comment like "good luck" or "thanks" is wrong IMO as that's unwarranted, the like system is to thank people for answering questions, for posting well thought out comments and for content. I also use them for achievements that impress me, it does come down to personal opinion but as Leroy said we'd like people to be sensible with them, this is not Facebook after all. 

It's annoying that as a contributor to the site, my content will receive minimum likes, yet OP, who has never liked any of my content wonders why we don't want him liking replies to his career. I have no right to tell people what they can and can't like as that's a matter of free will, but I will continue to remind people about the correct way to use it when I see it being used wrong. After all, how do you get a system like this working, if you ignore it failing?

I do agree, i guess it's a problem only content creators will see. I'd also like to add that most of us also appreciate a comment along side the like, as i've seen people liking without commenting.

Guilty :P But my excuse is that sometimes I save my comment so I can bump the content so other members get it in their feed. But I known it's possible I'll forget to bump so I make sure I get the like in.

There are some rules on it, if we see someone liking everything on a page this is misuse of the like system and is punishable. However as a site that likes to reward users for their hard work and time in which ultimately is helpful posts, guides, downloads etc. This is why we limit it to 10 a day and try to encourage people to use it the "correct" way as this benefits this site.

Anyway closed as Lee linked you to the discussion on this, please search next time. Thank you.