Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 PriZe: The Black Pearl a 4-3-2-1 [2015]

PriZe

The Black Pearl v2015:

Hi all and welcome to the Black Pearl 2015! As one of the more popular tactics on FMH 2014, i felt i needed to find out if it still works on FMH 2015. Well with pleasure, i can tell you it does! 

This is original engine only! Haven't tested it on the new one

The Tactic:

Hb5O0wW.png

Team instructions:

mbvVpaF.png

Results:

5PIKiDj.pngzaMBF2G.pngBare in mind, i rushed through the first season, and didn't really look at fitness ect etc. But as you can see, it still does the job :)

Some tips:

* ​Want your Poacher to score more? Switch the INF to WNG

* Struggling with reaching your poacher? Change your DLM to a BBM

*Feeling ballsy? Add a BPD in your defense against weaker opponents

* Don't forget, you need a striker with good aerial ability! Otherwise he will wast a lot of chances!

Closing statement:

I hope you all enjoy the tactic as much as you did in FMH 2014! Don't forget to play around with roles and drop a note how the tactic is working out for you :)

Cheers PriZe

This post has been promoted to an article

Finished 7th, 6th, and 7th my first three years with Aston Villa but that was using a BPD. Switched to two CTRs and now I'm 12-0-3 and sitting atop the table in year 4! Only 7 goals conceded in 15 matches. Used it last year and it's still the best tactic I've been able to implement from the forum.

Finished 7th, 6th, and 7th my first three years with Aston Villa but that was using a BPD. Switched to two CTRs and now I'm 12-0-3 and sitting atop the table in year 4! Only 7 goals conceded in 15 matches. Used it last year and it's still the best tactic I've been able to implement from the forum.

Switching BPD can have a big impact. Good to hear it is starting to work out for you. Thanks for sharing!

I will be using this tatic in a My Club save. You'll see the results as I post my career :)

Great! Looking forward to see how it works out.

I use a very similar tactic but instead of the dlm there's a bbm and a dlm where the bwm is

Can you share your thoughts why you changed that? Can help others fitting this type of tactic on their squad :)

Even with the default tactics, u easily win playing Real. The real chalenge is with valencia and similar. Didn't work for me. Changed the mdf to apm dlm apm and the striker to dlf, and it was better. Just my experience.

Even with the default tactics, u easily win playing Real. The real chalenge is with valencia and similar. Didn't work for me. Changed the mdf to apm dlm apm and the striker to dlf, and it was better. Just my experience.

it worked in fmh 14 with all sorts of clubs so that has been tested in the past. I'm interested why it didn't work for you.

How many matches did you try and what where the players? :)

Hi PriZe, I tried the new BP with Schalke04 when the 4-1-2-2-1 I was trying faltered. We went 4-3-8 with it and since I was about to be sacked, I switched to the Ziv, with which I had been extremely successful in FMH 2014 (brought Leipzig from third division to three straight Bundesliga titles and won 5 EPL titles and two ECC cups with both Chelsea and Man City in last career).

Der Koenigsblau turned it around after the break using the ziv, finished third last season and have a 14 match unbeaten streak to start the 2015-16 campaign, including quality wins over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and Bayern at home. I only wish the real Schalke was palying so well. The only thing I am doing differently than originally diagrammed is using balanced mentality, mixed passing and normal tackling as my basic tactic. Switch to attacking and/or committed when deem necessary. Pressing and offside trap  always "ON".

If this falters, I will try the new Pearl again (have a few better players now), but if you get a chance, see how the Ziv does for you in 2015

Started using this in my first season with Villa.

Started in the middle of November and so far over a 12 game period I have won 9, drew 2 and lost 1 (to Man City who are running away with the league).

I have gone from around 10th to challenging for the top 4.

:D

Hi PriZe, I tried the new BP with Schalke04 when the 4-1-2-2-1 I was trying faltered. We went 4-3-8 with it and since I was about to be sacked, I switched to the Ziv, with which I had been extremely successful in FMH 2014 (brought Leipzig from third division to three straight Bundesliga titles and won 5 EPL titles and two ECC cups with both Chelsea and Man City in last career).

Der Koenigsblau turned it around after the break using the ziv, finished third last season and have a 14 match unbeaten streak to start the 2015-16 campaign, including quality wins over Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and Bayern at home. I only wish the real Schalke was palying so well. The only thing I am doing differently than originally diagrammed is using balanced mentality, mixed passing and normal tackling as my basic tactic. Switch to attacking and/or committed when deem necessary. Pressing and offside trap  always "ON".

If this falters, I will try the new Pearl again (have a few better players now), but if you get a chance, see how the Ziv does for you in 2015

Thanks for the great feedback mate! Did you use the bpd in the back before switching to the Ziv? Good too hear the Ziv is working, i might have a look at it, but at the moment it isn't on my list of things to do.

Started using this in my first season with Villa.

Started in the middle of November and so far over a 12 game period I have won 9, drew 2 and lost 1 (to Man City who are running away with the league).

I have gone from around 10th to challenging for the top 4.

:D

Great to hear it is getting you results :) how is your striker doing?

Will CR7 score lot in BP?

Who make more assistant?

If you play him as a poacher? I imagine with his CA and PA yes he will score a lot. Also as INF he would perform. In the formation the WNG will give the most assist in my experience in FMH 14. In 15 after one season it was also the WNG, but the APM wasn't far behind

What is the Ziv?

it's one of prize's tactic, here's the link if you want to check it out http://fmhvibe.co.uk/community/topic/21323-prize-presents-the-ziv-a-4-1-1-3-1-formation/?view=getnewpost :)

Thanks for sharing :)

Striker gets most of my goals.  Benteke got 30 in 39 games in my first season, next best was Ocampos (on loan from Monaco) with 10 goals in 29 games.

Second season so far, mixed results, Benteke has got 6 in 10 and next best is Schrijvers with 2 in 6.

Not managed to properly replace Ocampos, surprisingly Tonev is not a patch on him!

This is a working tactic and probably the fastest way to unlock things in the game. :) I`m a poor coach and it`s hard to find something that will work in my hands.  

P.S. I don`t use those editors but I noticed something - Varane and Bale can`t handle IT. Is it just me? 

This is a working tactic and probably the fastest way to unlock things in the game. :) I`m a poor coach and it`s hard to find something that will work in my hands.

P.S. I don`t use those editors but I noticed something - Varane and Bale can`t handle IT. Is it just me?

Varane could never handle general IT for me last year, same rings true to this year. He's on defending IT in my saves.

Bale was always fine with me on attacking IT, never tried general

Striker gets most of my goals. Benteke got 30 in 39 games in my first season, next best was Ocampos (on loan from Monaco) with 10 goals in 29 games.

Second season so far, mixed results, Benteke has got 6 in 10 and next best is Schrijvers with 2 in 6.

Not managed to properly replace Ocampos, surprisingly Tonev is not a patch on him!

with this tactic you really need good provider fron the wings. That might be the issue, thanks for dropping a comment mate :)

PriZe, do you adjust mentality at all during a match or just leave it on attacking for all of your tactics?

I always leave it on attack, only thing i change is players roles

Good to hear you like the tactic! As mentioned by Lee-Roy, varane has trouble with it, and i don't recall issues with bale and attacking IT

Would you recommend playing with Balanced style (like against tough away games) instead of attacking...

Noticed sometimes i struggle with certain formations and just cant break them down....so would you also consider using balanced for this also?

i really think you should test with a different team. Surely real madrid will get those kind of results with that team whatever you play?

In my experience that isn't true. But everybody is entitled to his own opinion. As you can see in the topic others have used it with success this and some didn't. So it is being used for other teams.

Would you recommend playing with Balanced style (like against tough away games) instead of attacking...

Noticed sometimes i struggle with certain formations and just cant break them down....so would you also consider using balanced for this also?

i haven't really changed it. But bare in mind as the OP i just did one season with it. In FMH14 i did switch to balanced when my team wasn't the strongest team. If you want to break a formation i don't know if the mentality will help, i guess that changing passing (for instance to short) and changing player roles would be a more sensible idea. For instance give it a try and switch to a BBM instead of DLM to reach your striker better.