Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2011 Regens

United58

Introduction

So, you start a new game and see Scholes, see his stats, so you say; "He's past it". You'd be right. But he'll be back! Yes, all players regenerate once they retire.

What is a Regen?

A regen is a player who has retired and will come through a youth academy of a club with a different name yet the same positions and similar mental stats, and the same Potential Ability. These regens can appear at any club of their nationality, but if they have a dual nationality (English/Italian) they can appear in either country.

How to get the player you want

By now you're probably wondering who David Beckham is in your game, paranoia taking over as you desperately look at all the players with a position of M RC, yet in vain. Because that is not all there is to getting a regen. If you look at the player's position menu, you'll see they have many unusual unseen positions, like so:

DSCF1067.jpg

Didn't think the Welsh Wizard could do that, did you?!

Player's mental stats always stay around the same, with slight differences. Here's David Beckham:

DSCF1068.jpg

And his regen (untrained):

DSCF1062.jpg

And to prove it's him:

DSCF1069.jpg

DSCF1063.jpg

To find your player, wait until he's retiring. Make a note of his exact positions and Mental stats. Once he retires, search for players with his position. So for Beckham, search English - Midfielder - Right and look through the results. You will be looking for a M RC, of course. Regens don't come along the day the player retires, however, so you may have to wait a while.

Important notes

While a player's Mental attributes stay the same, the player's Technical and Physical attributes randomly fluctuate from regen to regen. That's why you'll see Ryan with good Heading and David with poor Stamina. A player's date of birth becomes random, as does their favourite club/person. Even though these players have huge Potential Abilities, they can come very, very cheap if they're at a lower league club. I got Zanetti for £65k, Totti for free, Riquelme for £65k and Scholes for £75k. Player's Current Abilty (CA) will change when they regenerate, however their Potential Ability

(PA) will stay the same. Foe example, my brother has Phil and Gary Neville for Blackpool on his iPod. Phil's regen is better than Gary's as Phil's has a higher CA, yet Gary is regarded as the best young right back as he has a better PA.

Other Players

Frank Lampard

DSCF1070.jpg

DSCF1074.jpg

DSCF1071.jpgDSCF1075.jpg

Leighton Baines

DSCF1072.jpg

DSCF1064.jpg

DSCF1073.jpgDSCF1065.jpg

Ryan Giggs

DSCF1066.jpg

DSCF1058.jpg

DSCF1067.jpg

DSCF1059.jpg

When will a player regenerate?

As Rafafloripa has kindly pointed out, a player will usually regenerate around two months after retiring.

Lastly

If you want to build a team of the stars of yesterday, this guide will help you immensely. It can be great fun knowing that Ryan Giggs is sprinting down the wing for West Ham, or that Paul Scholes is controlling the midfield for Newcastle. I hope you enjoy finding regens as much as I do.

Regards,

Patrick

i'm still not convinced that regens are regenerated players

i think it's more random

yes, regens are slightly based on the real players but i'm not all too sure that they are exactly the same player

yeah but the 'regen' of Beckham is not Beckham...

he can be based on him but he will have a totally different way of playing.

He'll be a different player in general

Very nice Paka.

However I did notice for the Beckham regen he had the same technical stats as Beckham himself ;)

But nonetheless keep up your excellent work :)

And yeah, he's pretty similar, I wish he was a natural M C and not M R as I play 4-4-2 diamond (only formation I play :lol:). Man City'll snap him up, I'd say

Nah I reckon Tottenham lmao

And Id still buy him anyways good for cover :P

You're talking about the team who sent Scholes on loan and are beating Blackburn 4-0 at half time away :lol:

Marc has told us that a player's natural or (what's the second best thing from natural again) whatever doesn't have much of an influence on your players position...

How does it work with players from non-selected leagues?

So would Drogba become a regen? Would VDS if Holland is not selected? What about someone like Hernandez (at United)?

I had England loade only and VDS came up at PSV :)

I thought goalie regens were treated slightly differently. So other nations had goalie regens but not outfield regens? Something like that?

Another thought then, where does, say, Ji Sung Park's regen start? In the league he finishes in?

Or, as South Korea are not in this game, does he start with a new nationality?? :blink:

EDIT: There is an interesting note here actually:

With regards to regenerations I think CM01-02 was still using 'regens' with retiring players being stored and then regeneraated at a later date with slight changes to make them harder to spot (ie. name change, dob change and some randomisation to other attributes to prevent 'spotting' of them). I seem to recall that any nation with under 'x' number of players had players from its nation have a chance of appearing under another nationality to stop people spotting George Weah when he regenerated (amongst others).

http://champman0102.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?9219-Hi

I wonder if this is still the same???

Regens :mad:

Why couldn't real players just carry on for the full 30 seasons......... :D

69 year old Giggs still plodding along :L

Marc has told us that a player's natural or (what's the second best thing from natural again) whatever doesn't have much of an influence on your players position...

Accomplished.

Yeah being either "natural" or "accomplished" makes very very little difference

I wonder if this is still the same???

It is - and theres an added twist if you're managing a national team who have a limited amount of players then some players from leagues with lots of players might be shifted to regenerate for that national side if they're a good fit (this is simply to ensure a reasonable balance when managing international sides and allow us to open up some 'marginal' (in terms of number of players loaded) national teams for management).

This is good stuff I just realised I signed both the beckham and scholes REGEN and I didn't even realise lmao

This is good stuff I just realised I signed both the beckham and scholes REGEN and I didn't even realise at the time lmao

I had a 2 regens in the third season on psps. Signed them both on a free, they were out of contract. They were both 15 Years old, will all green stats :/ They were putting Ronaldo to shame :mellow: