Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Ash And Sam Fail At Becoming The Best In History!

Ashez

Ash And Sam Fail At Becoming The Best In History!

The game isn't that old and the careers forum is just about finding it's feet but Sam and myself are already bringing you a blockbuster head to head! 

Towards the end of last year SamHardy returned to the site and it didn't take long for us to get talking, one of the key things we debate is goal based challenges, as you all know i love them but he calls them boring. So you can imagine my surprise when he mentioned he was eager to try my "Becoming The Best In History Challenge" as it was created to be a side project to other challenges with the goal based ones in mind. 

For those of you not in the know the idea of the challenge is to become the best in history and to become this you have to win the World Player Of The Year award and the World Cup within the same season. During the end of 2014 i spent my time pushing Sam towards this challenge as i was eager for him to fall in love with the goal based challenges, then around 2015's release i asked him if he still intended to take it on and his reply intrigued me as he challenged me to head to head.

In short in this thread you will see Sam and myself battling it out to become the best in history, as Sam had already decided on doing this career he had already selected his club and player, which i'm sure doesn't take much working out.

PANews+BT_P-29f14749-abff-43a8-ade5-2684

Sam may not like goal based challenges but he's been mentioning using Wickham for one for a while so this seemed like a natural challenge for him to take on, especially as he's also a fan of England based challenges like Pride Of My Country. 

With Sam selecting Sunderland he also took it upon himself to select my club and striker, the cheek of it! I rarely jump into a career without various tests but i was so eager to face off against Sam so i agreed to his terms and dived straight in! 

AyozePerez141109CelebratesG300.jpg

Ashez Vs SamHardy

Newcastle vs Sunderland

Ayoze vs Wickham

The challenge was set and we knew we were in for a long battle to see who could be crowed the best in history! This challenge is far from easy! 

Interestingly enough though we took two different approaches to the challenge, Sam decided to go straight for it and led the line with his young Englishman while i decided to let Ayoze develop and picked my 433. The clubs are rather balanced as are the players with Ayoze being slightly better but Sam has the advantage when it comes to competition, as the England job is known to be easier to get than the Spanish one, this is why i decided to focus on the club side of the challenge to begin with. We may have taken different approaches at the start but we both knew we had to hit the ground running and do well with our clubs before tearing the world apart with our strikers of choice as losing them would be disastrous! 

My first update will be around the weekend while i hope Sam with have his first one up within the coming days, so thank you for reading and i hope you're looking forward to this head to head!

The challenge has been outlined and the battle has begun but who are you going to support? Make sure you leave a comment below letting us know who's corner you are in!

Sam all the way ;).

Good luck Sam :D

Cheers, I didn't expect much support tbh... Actually I expected Scott on my side ;)

If I went for Ashez I'd be backing a losing cause ;)

Think the title should change to 'Ashez failing at becoming the best in history'

Connor_wickham_sunderland_manchester_cit

Becoming the best in history: Season One

Transfers

For the first season the board didn't give me too much money so I decided to buy 2 players to go straight into the first team; firstly Lasse Schöne from Ajax, a proven assister who should help Wickham bang the goals in, and secondly Anthony Vanden Borre from Anderlecht, who will fit in nicely at right back.

ccs7sSc.jpg

League

The league season was a fantastic one for the club, comfortably qualifying for Champions League football and only losing 6 of the 38 games played.

V06THbs.jpg

Cups

Both the cups never really got going as we were knocked out of the League Cup and FA cup by Manchester City and Manchester United respectively.

RsQjrr9.jpg
KStT5RO.jpg

Connor Wickham

Leading the line week in week out was a tough ask for Wickham against some of the world's best defenders but he did a fantastic job. He managed to make an appearance in every single league game played, albeit some off the bench.

yawrRyF.jpg
3KYyOn7.jpg
2XqJes5.jpg

Overall

Overall it was a good first season which saw Wickham show great signs of promise, not to mention the top 4 finish which will see us playing in the champions league next season. Obviously to complete the challenge I'll need somewhere along the line to get the England job so maybe I'll have to concentrate more on the cups to try and enhance my reputation next season.

Nice start mate! I heard through the grapevine that Ashez went running after seeing your results! ;-)

Haha cheers :)

You'll have to pick it up, but I have faith. I'm expecting a CL trophy in the second season! Come on sammmmmm!!

Thanks AS, don't mean to give anything away, but I didn't meet your expectations :(