Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 What type of player as a B2B midfielder??

DutchTony

I've always used DMs with very high tackling, positioning and stamina. Players like Sven Bender. These types of players generally have ok passing but low dribbling and shooting etc.

Does anyone use CMs or APMs in the B2B role - basically preferring attacking stats over defensive stats?

I've never tried it and wondered how they played / rated.

I'll have a B2B in CM if he has nobody in front or behind him.then next to him is a CM behind an APM and in front of a BWM so the CM is a link between the two. In theory the B2B can fill in for the places behind behind and in front of him as well as his own.

Totally depends on the league for me and if I think I can afford to have some extra flair within the role. On my SLB save I've been using these two who are rather attacking compared to other options.

Perez - No stats shot as he's 35 now lol, he was my main B2B midfielder for years though

WdoTccv.png

My more recent B2B midfielder is below

208x6Z8.png

vpsLR0K.png

While on my Madrid save I'm using someone slightly more defensive but with decent attacking/creative stats

j6vU0nK.png

E4y5vVY.png

I've also used Bale in the role a lot too and he got similar stats but he did also occupie other roles for the team.

I've always used DMs with very high tackling, positioning and stamina. Players like Sven Bender. These types of players generally have ok passing but low dribbling and shooting etc.

Does anyone use CMs or APMs in the B2B role - basically preferring attacking stats over defensive stats?

I've never tried it and wondered how they played / rated.

Regularly.  I play 3 in midfield with no second striker, and I regularly pick three BBM, including the DM. At Man U, Ive seen that Nick Powell can hack it very well once he gets to about 22.  And he scores goals.  At Ajax, I've played Davy Klaassen there regularly, and he's been good, and I've even tried Odegaard (still in his teens in my Ajax save) in that role, and he's been good.  I've found tackling less important than shooting in this regard, as they tend to shoot from midfield, and the right player (Duarte at Ajax is another) can pick up goals from that position.  You might get a bit of "not enough steel in midfield" from the post-match analysis, but if you're winning....Give it a go.

I use Aaron Ramsey as my BBM and he performs very well. With IT General both his shooting and tackling are above 15 which is very difficult to get in most players. His stamina is naturally high as well so he is perfect for the role. Unfortunately I accidentally saved over my arsenal save so I don't have the pics to show.

Another good player is Lucas Romero.

If he is a BBM, you will see him get forward A LOT when you have the ball, and defend without it. So he must have high STAMINA, tackling and preferably good decision-making. Plus useful aerial, shooting, passing, creativity because he's going to get around the box quite a bit.

Truly, I am yet to find an amazing BBM midfielder who has excelled for a long period of time. I am using Guilavogui at atletico who has great defensive qualities, but perhaps not as good going forwards, though he may improve.

Truly, I am yet to find an amazing BBM midfielder who has excelled for a long period of time. I am using Guilavogui at atletico who has great defensive qualities, but perhaps not as good going forwards, though he may improve.

Guilavogui was my DLM in DM position at Atletico. DM's don't seem to get spectacular ratings but the team (defensive) performances overall improved. I find Saul a very good BBM in CM spot. He needs 2-3 seasons to up his skills but with a good BWM next to him he's very good. Amazing? hmm.. he comes close IMO.

But I like to look at a combo of 2 or 3 players and see how they connect rather than single them out.

I use BBM's in my recent tactics and bargains can be found - 

Marvin Bakalorz - DM (C) - More a ball winner but stats wise a good BBM.
Yannick Gerhardt - M (C) - Does get you some goals but good all round stats.
Julian Baumgartlinger - DM (C) - Again more of a ball winner but has worked well for me as a BBM.
Veli Kavlak - DM (C) - Another cheap Austrian BBM.
Allan M (C) - Another BBM that will get you goals.
Kevin Vogt DM (C) - Great all round stats and can be picked up cheap.
Romulo M (C) - Another more defensive BBM.

Best BBM's in the game, I believe are - Jordan Henderson, Emre Can, Arturo Vidal, Michael Bradley, Morgan Schneiderlin, Levin Oztunali and Leon Goretzka.

Edited by danovic78