Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Over Hyped to Under achievers

RoscoeDrizzle

Hi all

Looking to setup a challenge and I'd like the input from the Vibe community to do it.

So as you've all seen/not seen/don't care less Anderson is all over twitter or a shocking performance where he was subbed after just 34mins. He was blowing out his chuff like a 40 year old Sunday league player, who'd been up way to late and drank way too much the night before.

He was once touted as the next best thing but after his move to Manchester United, seemed to slip away with his increasing waist line.

There's been so many of these types of players who've just not lived up to the hype that surrounded them. So it got me thinking, let’s make a team with these people and see what we can win.

So here's where I need your help.

I want you all to pick the team and I'll play with them and see what they can/can't achieve. Once I have the team I'll pick the tactics and league to play in.

I like small squads so I want a team of 22 and we'll start off with the fatman Anderson and see where we go!

TEAM:

GKs

DEFs

MIDs

Anderson

Jose Baxter

Nani

Quaresma

Kerlon

FWDs

Alexander Pato

It wasnt a case of that he was fat mate!! It was purely the fact they were playing at 3,000ft above sea level!

And he over did it in the game!

Zaha would feature!

Do they have to be playing now?

Alexandre Pato could fit into this team. Had a lot of promise during his early seasons with AC Milan but somehow could never break into a superstar. Now he is somewhere in Brazil on loan.

As does Quaresma who is believed to have more ability than Ronaldo but the wrong attitude, Ryan Babel is also worth a shout as he has all the key attributes but attitude issues.

Michael Johnson from Man City is the obvious one, such a waste!

Adam, wasn't it?
Nope, here's a link -

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/21088459

He was one of England's up and coming talents (and amazing in game) but a mixture of injuries and the life style ruined his career, checking the images of him over the years is rather shocking tbh, such a shame.

They were just daft moves, Sinclair was never going to get a game or good enough to move there, did Rodwell get much of a chance? Can't really remember tbh, that other young lad from Everton possibly though, erm Baxter wasn't it?

I guess you could even say someone like Pennant, played at two big clubs but never really achieved anything and disappeared, same with Kightly who was hyped as the next Giggs while at Wolves but never lived up to the hype.

They were just daft moves, Sinclair was never going to get a game or good enough to move there, did Rodwell get much of a chance? Can't really remember tbh, that other young lad from Everton possibly though, erm Baxter wasn't it?

I guess you could even say someone like Pennant, played at two big clubs but never really achieved anything and disappeared, same with Kightly who was hyped as the next Giggs while at Wolves but never lived up to the hype.

Jose Baxter is the guy your thinking of Ash!

Jose Baxter should be on the list, he is good enough with the ball to play at a much higher level than with Sheffield United.. he just doesn't like to run

Jonathan Woodgate, terrible performance during his first match at Real Madrid and over hyped when he was back in Newcastle I believe.

Nah Woodgate at least had decent amount of appearances at a high level and decent performances. It was injuries that let him down not attitude or performance! He was class for Tottenham

James Vaughan. Prem's youngest scorer and the next Rooney. Now at Huddersfield.

Edit: just read that he wants to play internationally for Jamaica as 'he's not good enough to play for England'.

Bit late jumping in on this, but Adriano, was great when he was young but depression and alcohol got the better of him and he's squandered the past 6+ years which should have been his prime

Some great suggestions guys thanks. Need a couple of keepers though if you can think of any? Ben Foster i think could make the list.

Kasper Schmichiel? Was touted to be world class like his father hasn't really had the impact everyone thought he would.

Mario Balotelli

Andy Carroll

Adam Johnson

Stuart Downing

Micah Richards

Kerlon

^_^

Ahhh Kerlon!!! He used to be amazing on the older FMHs!! He gets in on pure nostaglia. lol

Januzaj

He has the potential but he needs to play, simple as that.

In hindsight he should've gone on loan for 1 or 2 seasons in order to play week in week out.

I still think he'll become a top player eventually but he's not in an ideal situation at the moment.