Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 "Domestic Player Bias" affects chance of getting accepted by national teams?

naufalnuh_5293

Hi,

I'm wondering,  does "Domestic Player Bias" affects the chance to get a national team job? During mid 2015 in my save, managing FC Barcelona, I got only 6 points of it while getting accepted by Croatia FA to manager their national team. Now, I'm at mid 2020, still managing FC Barcelona, having 16 points of "Domestic Player Bias"  just won the 2020 European Cup (have won 2016 European Cup and 2018 World Cup too) with the Croatia National Team. I saw the Belgium National Team manager got sacked. So I decided to resign from the Croatia National Team and apply for them. But they didn't accept my application. Being a bit curious, I check the reputation of both national using the SE (thanks to jaymarvels) and surprisingly, the Croatia's reputation is much higher than the Belgium's. So, with me having greater reputation and higher stats, and considering the club I managed is based in Spain, does the high amount  "Domestic Player Bias" affects my chance of getting an international job?

Thanks

Another thing to note is that (personally) I feel as though you have a higher chance of getting a job if you are successful either:

1) Using players of that nationality (so with Croatia, I'd assume you'd have used Rakitic & Halilovic at least)

2) Are successful in that league (eg. I played a save with PSG in 2013, got the French job when not of French nationality)

And of course the bias to domestic managers (eg. Countries like Spain and Italy would almost always hire a manager of their nationality whilst a countries like Japan or Australia would be more than happy to take a world-class manager, even if they weren't of their nationality)