Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe Content Inspiration and this Time of Year

Ashez

Content Inspiration and this Time of Year

For Vibe to be a successful community we need staff and members alike to be posting content such as shortlists, team guides, articles and helpful guides. With this in mind I've decided to cover some of the methods i use for inspiration in the hope that it will inspire the community, the more activity on the site the better the community can be.

Real Life Football

Football Manager Handheld is based on football so it makes sense to use real life as inspiration. When it comes down to writing fun articles or shortlists you can draw many things from real life like discussing transfer targets, squads, potential ability of youngsters, tournaments, leagues and much much more, basically anything discussed or happening within football can be translated into some content on Vibe with ease. As an example a few months ago I did some shortlists based on real life tournaments like the African Cup of Nations and the Asian Cup, whereas Dec has recently released some content based on the PFA Team Of The Year.

The Media

Football is one of the biggest things on the planet and the media around the sport is everywhere be it live matches, highlights, newspapers, websites, podcasts and so on. Following the media can be a great source of inspiration as something as simple as a comment by a pundit can get the creative juices flowing. I've lost count how many challenges and articles I've written based off listening to a football podcast or reading an article on the BBC website, there is so much information out there that the possibilities are endless. An example of this could be i recently looked into the possible futures of Zidane and Danny Ings based on all the media hype around the two subjects whereas my Ronald Koeman challenge was inspired by listening to pundits discussing his goal scoring stats. I find this the easiest way to get inspired but it does take some practice, however if you can get into the habit of enjoying such media with the idea of Vibe content in mind you'll soon have more ideas than time.

Personal Use

If you are a member who enjoys pushing the game or running tests you are half way there to being able to produce articles for the site. If you have an idea which you look into for personal use like testing player roles why not throw your findings into an article for the whole site to learn from? I've been able to produce countless guides simply down to running tests for personal use and sharing my findings.

A lot of members also enjoy creating saves for personal use like fantasy teams, dream teams, historical teams and even massive projects like creating an entire league or database! If a project like this regardless of how big excited you enough to create it it will likely entertain someone else so you should throw it up on Vibe for the community to enjoy, you were making it anyway so it's free content for the community. A recent example of this is that Dec and myself faced off in a fantasy head to head a few weeks back and we decided to release the saves for the community to enjoy. In short anything you do with the game can become something on Vibe with some thought, even a basic career can be posted for us to enjoy but any tests, saves, databases or images you create for personal use can be shared for other members to enjoy.

FMHVibe

Vibe as a community is always discussing theories and ideas so it's only logical that the site can be a great place to get inspired. By reading the articles and content on the site or by browsing the comments I'm sure it won't take long for ideas to start flowing within your mind. I've personally bounced ideas off work already on the site plenty of times, however with this type of content I would suggest speaking to the member who inspired you just to be safe. An example of this could be I saw Batigoal make a comment about how he likes his BBMs to be able to play in the three midfield areas, as I found this an interesting concept I spoke to Batigoal about his theory which in turn inspired his article looking into his ideas.

This Time Of Year

Now I've shown you where to get the inspiration from it's important to know what Vibe needs at certain times of year. Currently the real life season is coming to an end and people are already starting to look forward to the coming season and FMH16. This means at this time of year Vibe has to try and keep 2015 current, interesting, exciting and relevant but at the same time we also need to be looking ahead. Granted this is a confusing concept but the execution is simple as I will explain now.

Team Guides

With the January window being closed the clubs will remain unchanged until October/November when the new game is released so it's a great time to bring people's attention to the play able teams
available. The idea here is to find clubs that are interesting to play as in the hope of keeping people playing the game while we wait for the next release, the beauty of FMH is the possibilities are endless and that means you'll never be able to experience everything possible so showcasing teams can be a great way to get members picking up their devices and playing the saves.

iScouts and Shortlists

iScouts work in a similar way to the team guides as we currently have access to hundreds of players so it's always fun to share that hidden gem you found in the hope of other members being excited to use them.

Shortlists are bigger versions of iScouts which showcase a larger number of players with a theme normally attached. The beauty of creating shortlists for the site is they can cover basically anything you can come up with while also being based on the current game and looking ahead (while still relating to FMH'15 at this point). In a shortlist you could look at the best players in a league, potential transfer targets, the fast approaching Copa America and various other interesting things which you are inspired with from the methods mentioned above. Another positive from working with shortlists is they can be fairly easy to put together and the research isn't as draining as it can be for a team guide while it can also evolve into other bits of content like shortlist files, MyClub files, scrapbooks and saves.

Databases

The latest database is still fairly new but with people looking ahead it's not surprising that people can get bored of what the game currently offers. Thankfully Jay has released his editors this year which means you can edit saves and databases to create anything your heart desires to keep the game fresh. The obvious examples are creating new leagues/national teams or a transfer update but the options are again endless as you can move teams around, create legend teams, move teams around, run interactive experiences and much much more.

Skins

We all know by now that Si's little trick to make the game feel new is changing the skin around and you Android users can have the same experience. A new and exciting theme can bring new life to the game as it means you're looking at a different screen than you're used to and it gives it that personal touch. As skins can be anything to a complete redo to a few image changes basically anything is possible so why not create a new skin for the community and help members make the game feel fresh?

Tactics

The engine is unlikely to change between now and the release of 2016 so it's a great time to create that super tactic that destroys everything in your path. The tactics forum has always been a massive hook in bringing new members to the site and as we have two engines to accommodate for it's well worth spending your time releasing tactics you have created in the hope of them bringing enjoyment to other member of the forums.

Hopefully you enjoyed the read and have learnt somethings, I've attempted to show you how to get inspired while also offering you an insight to the type of content the staff will be bringing to you in the coming months, so why not get involved and help the community grow.

Thanks for reading and please remember to leave a comment.

After a request I am going to update this...

Summer 2015 Content Inspiration

We realise that in the summer it is hard to be motivated for FMH, however with a great community (which we are very thankful for) we can band together and make this summer full of interesting content and keep the game running.

• FMH2016 Ideas - We love talking about the new games. Writing in depth pieces on what features/leagues you want can help others come forward to your ideas and get everyone excited about the potential of the game. Plus it gives you a chance to put forward your ideas in the hope SI see them.
  • Databases - The Football Manager Handheld 2015 database is now out of date but we already plan to update it ourselves. Yet using databases to create interesting set ups that are not straight out of the box and put a unique football spin. Remember to provide a save for iOS users.
  • MyClubs/Save Games - Legends, Fantasy Teams, etc...Like Databases they can give users a different experience of the game. Stretch your creativity utilising MyClub, Scrapbooks and In Game Editors to create something fun.
  • In Depth Guides/Experiments - Using your knowledge of the game to write down guides and test theories can help other users. With less new users coming to the game at this time of year it would be great to see how you manage or for you to test extensively to put a theory on the game's engine.
  • Simulations - Much like experiments simulations provide a fun read, however they are meant to be light-hearted and not educational like experiments. Using real life occurrences such as latest transfers/rumours or a simulation of the next season could be a fun read for all, even more so if them players are not proven but have a record on FMH.

Of course these are not exclusive content and we urge you to keep producing the high quality content that you are currently doing, however with this time of year these types of content will be the best received.

With everyone's mind on FMH16 we have several article ideas you could look at. These are...

• Team Previews
  • Feature Previews/Requests
  • League Requests
  • Database Articles
    • Top 10 Interesting Teams to Manage
    • Top 10 Players Who should be upgraded (can be done generally or for each league, dependent on you guys)
    • 10 Players Who should be downgraded
    • Wonderkids for FMH16
    • Etc...
  • FMH16 Discussions
    • Who are you going to manage first?
    • Predictions on features
    • What colour is the logo going to be?
    • Etc...

Thank you all,

FMHVibe Staff