Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 "Accomplished" Sweepers

leecutler

Definition Of A Sweeper Defender

The sweeper is a defensive position in football, so called because their job is to 'sweep up' any attacking moves which pass other defenders. It was most commonly used by football teams in Europe until the 1990s.

While the position usually has solely defensive duties, Franz Beckenbauer, one of the most famous sweepers became famous for adding an offensive component of the ball playing defender. Other notable sweepers include Ivano Blason, Gaetano Scirea, Bobby Moore, Franco Baresi and Elias Figueroa.

It is generally considered a highly specialized position. The sweeper is usually placed between the goalkeeper and the defensive line.

The sweeper is sometimes also called Libero from the Italian name Battitore Libero meaning free hitter, which describes players freedom to make clearances instead of dribbling the ball.

So in all the tactics and careers I have seen posted on Vibe I have never seen anyone use a Sweeper. Now why is that? Maybe people don't know what a Sweeper Defender does or they simply can't find one but with my Shortlist you will see the available sweepers.

I have to say there is not many Accomplished Sweepers on the game with my shortlist I searched players on over 115 pages to find these sweepers

Sweeper Defenders

ZUsdDLI.png

Th3Znqp.png

5KlA7LW.png

5gYcFGY.png

So these 4 players are the most notable players for the Sweeper position and could easily control that sweeper position

Wrn1UJa.png

WyNrGsq.png

C4AnqUV.png

mQ2b8b5.png

uSMLg4x.png

Ez2OmmF.png

kkKyKj4.png

hHDyHxd.png

AEw5tcJ.png

q116ngj.png

L9n9Ed8.png

edOOSOo.png

BGkTjmh.png

hnsSOEe.png

XA2DG7N.png

WzZvUmH.png

iAGkq4J.png

DMwOLnw.png

So there is a list of Sweeper Defenders that are available to you guys,some are well known players some are ageing players and some are unknown players but I can assure you guys there is some quality players In that list.

So will you try a Sweeper? I always try a Sweeper and in FMH15 it has worked quite well for me it gives you that extra player just mopping up the defence.

All comments and suggestions welcome,do you agree with the players I selected if not then why?

As always guys thank you for reading :)

Really great work.

Wish there was more formations that used the sweeper.

This will really be really useful for people looking for a sweeper as you have done all the hard work for them an good job covering all price rangers as well as a nice layout.

Nice work! :) I always wanted to use sweeper but never had. Maybe now i will try it :)

Thanks pal,hopefully the shortlist has inspired you to try out with a Sweeper :)