Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Team Fusion- Aston Villa + Southampton

Eliseo10

Aston Villa & Southampton, are two lower table teams with tremendous potential in Football Manager Handheld. Both have very interesting and talented players in their respective squads, however neither can realistically challenge for the title in the first season without some tweaking and reinforcements.

So I was playing once again with Aston Villa, and I was looking at my squad and thinking to myself, "I wish I had Dusan Tadic on the left, and maybe Sadio Mane on the right, because neither position is covered effectively in Aston". Then it became clear: If Aston Villa & Southampton combined forces, then the resulting team could possibly challenge for the top spots in the BPL. (In FMH of course)

So what would a combined Aston Villa/Southampton XI look? Here is what I came up with.

~The following list is based on my experience in FMH and should not be taken as a definitive list of top Aston Villa/Southampton players. I will also be using a specific formation (shown at the end of this list), to make my decisions.

Backups are players who would not be in the starting XI but would still be in the Fusion Squad.

Goalkeeper- Fraser Foster

ITGde4M.png

Backup- Brad Guzan

In my opinion the best GK available in any of the two squads. Very solid in the back, low profile,very reliable and to my thinking, better than Brad Guzan. With this man in the back, the team will have the GK position covered.

Center Defenders- Jose Fonte, Jores Okore

jJz4H3B.png

FBDo18L.png

Backups- Ron Vlar, Florin Gardos, Philippe Senderos

The tactic that I would use in this hypothetical team, requires one traditional central defender, and one ball playing defender. Wih that in mind Jose Fonte is the best central defender available, and Jores Okore the best ball playing defender. Fonte is a 30 year old experienced player, where as Okore is 22 year old pontetial star defender. Both are very good and they form a perfect combination between youth and age.

Right Back & Left Back- Nathaniel Clyne, Aly Cissokho

3ZUP1jI.png

HWLRXmB.png

Backups- Matt Lowton (RB), Ryan Bertrand (LB)

Very close calls in these positions, as the four players listed, (including Backups) are all good at what they do. However, in my gaming time Clyne has always been a standout RB, and Cissokho is a slightly better performer than Bertnard.

Defensive Midfielder- Carlos Sanchez

GPtrgzS.png

Backup- Leandro Bacuna

Carlos Sanchez is the only natural DMC in both squads, so as default he is the one I trust the most. He is not a standout player by any means, but he does cover the position effectively and gets the job done.

Central Midfielder- Victor Wanyama

wmyltKz.png

Backup- Morgan Schneirderlin

Wanyama. I cant get enough of this player. (shout out to Ashes for introducing me to this player in his Fantasy Draft Challenge :) ) He is just so good as a Box to Box midfielder. Without doubt, the best MC available to me. Schneiderlin is also good, but not quite Wanyama good :P .

Attacking Left & Right Midfielders- Sadio Mane, Dusan Tadic

E3C8y9H.png

Qp3oWDq.png

Backup- Jack Grealish

I all ready mentioned these two in my introduction, but I will add that they are

both fantastic. Tadic is an assist machine who I usually in the role of right winger. Mane develops really well after a year or two, and I always use him as Left Inside Forward. Grealish plays both positions naturally therefore he serves as the perfect backup.

AMC- Gaston Ramirez

mZFr7nA.png

Backups- Carles Gil, Charles N'Zogbia

One of my favorite players in FMH. A true gem in my opinion, this player performs really well as AMC. His stats are average, but his season performances are exemplary. This man seems to always appear with an assist or goal when I most need it, and that is an invaluable quality for me.

Striker- Christian Benteke

6NSdFo5.png

Backup- Jay Rodriquez, Nicklas Helenius

Really was there ever a doubt? I love this guy. He is by all standards, the best Aerial striker in the game. In my last save with Aston, he scored 4 headers against Chelsea! A true master. He also happens to be a fantastic poucher, therefore he is the best choice for this list.

Formation

So how will the final formation look? Here it is:

zzdLd9D.png

I have tested this formation and it is the best I have used. Very good results. As you can see Southampton has more players in the starting XI but Aston Villa has a bigger presence in the overall squad. (Starting + Backups)

So what do you guys think? What players would you add or remove from this list?

Good Luck & Good Gaming

I really like the idea behind this. Really great work.

Pretty much completely disagree with your squad selection but each to their own.

My team would be

Forster

Clyne

Bertrand

Vlaar

Fonte

Wanyama as CDM

Delph

Cleverly

Schneirderlin

Pella

Benteke

In a 4-1-3-2 formation

I really like the idea behind this. Really great work.

Pretty much completely disagree with your squad selection but each to their own.

My team would be

Forster

Clyne

Bertrand

Vlar

Fonte

Wanyama as CDM

Delph

Cleverly

Schneirderlin

Pella

Benteke

In a 4-1-3-2 formation

No Mane or Tadic and Vlaar in the squad,that's crazy :)

Good job Eliseo but as others pointed I would also like to see Schneiderlin there alongside with Wanyama.

Mike seriously you need to include Mane oh nvm you included Vlaar atleast ;)

Btw this is actually a new type of shortlist atleast for me ;)

wow thanks for the response guys! Yea the XI pretty much depends on the formation so it is natural that people would have different picks.

I really like Mane because he develops quite well if you give him time. And Tadic was superb in my last save with him.

anyways thanks again :)

I would pick pellè instead of helenius, he is so good with 1 strikers formation. Also, I prefer Guzan to foster. Great job, mate.

P. S. I won bpl as Aston Villa in first season. That's not impossible

I would pick pellè instead of helenius, he is so good with 1 strikers formation. Also, I prefer Guzan to foster. Great job, mate.

P. S. I won bpl as Aston Villa in first season. That's not impossible

You are right it is not, but it is very difficult with just the initial squad. :)

I'm tempted to do a Newcastle/Sunderland one now that would be controversial :D

Don't you dare! :P

TBH, decent idea tho.

34 minutes ago, Creeper69 said:

How did you got the facepack?

This is a year old now but it is a FMH15 pack called Gunzo and is available on our downloads section.