Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 What Has Ashez Been Playing?

Ashez

What Has Ashez Been Playing?

Hello Vibe and welcome to my latest career thread, i'm not going to beat around the bush and i'll say now this is going to be somewhat of a filler thread. In the coming weeks i'll be spending a total of 24 days on holiday as i go away next Monday for two weeks, return for a week or two then go again for ten days in August. Obviously from a content point of view this has left me in somewhat of a pickle as i don't want to start posting my next main career now and have to leave it unattended for any period of time. 

Which leads me to this idea, as many of you will know i posted a thread with the same name last year where i showcased some of the failed challenges i played, tests and various other little saves which i never deemed worthy of bringing to Vibe. This thread will work in the same way where i'll either look back at an old save or test but this year i'm bringing something new to the table as i will also be posting some short one season challenges i've been playing throughout the year. During my holiday i'm aiming to get some FMH done but i'm not sure as yet if i'll be starting my next long term save or if i want to just mess about, in the case of me wanting to mess about i'll be posting those things in this thread. 

My plan is to maintain this thread for as long as i have things to post within it and it will likely be my priority until i'm back off my vacations, once i'm back i already have a big save i can jump into and two others in the pipeline which i think you'll enjoy. While this might not be as enjoyable as my previous careers this year i'm hopeful you'll enjoy it enough while you await for me to have the time to get some more long term saves ready. As it stands a have a number of random things to post and i'm looking to add more to the list so if you have any short challenge ideas you'd like to see me attempt make sure you leave a comment letting me know! Also let me know if there are any subjects you'd like to see from me like failed double troubles and the such, unfortunately as it's still early in the year i will be holding some ideas back as i do want to return to them in the future. Due to the nature of this thread i can only work with what i have and some updates might be short while others might be long, it all depends on what information i kept. 

Part One
Testing Jeremain Lens

NpsvCse.png

I've not really hidden the fact Jeremain Lens is one of my favourite strikers on the game and that's simply because he's quality and available for a bargain £2.5m. As you can see from the image above he's a great striker stat wise that can be signed by many clubs within the game, however he is somewhat niggle prone. 

A while back i was half debating about doing a 1kc with the Dutchman so i decided to do a test to see how many i could get him to score in Scotland, this was the save which made me want to do a 1kc with Celtic which is the reason Babacar started there. 

Goals Tally In January

Fy0Cc0v.png

The first half of the season went swimmingly as Lens destroyed everything in his path and i had high hopes he'd be able to smash the 80/90 goal barrier! 

Goal Tally In Mid April

F6DueLb.png

This is where the save ended and it's clear to see why. He suffered a few little injuries and the wheels and momentum of the save vanished with it. He started off with such promise but a return of 15 goals in 19 games wasn't up to the standard i'd need so i jumped ship and started my Babacar goes on a journey save instead. 

Part Two
The Non League Striker Challenge

The next challenge i'll feature in this thread is The Non League Striker Challenge, for those of you who do not know the idea of the save is you must play as one of the listed teams (Villa, Palace or Hull) and use a striker from the bottom division of England. The aim of the challenge is to finish in the top half, have your striker score 10 or more Premier League goals and to have the team to score more than 50. After looking at the team list i decided to give Aston Villa a whirl as i wanted to try out a new tactic i was working on based on counter attacking and i felt it would suit them. 

Meet The Striker I Selected

xYwb5wB.png

What a beast! Great attacking stats and only £14k! Can he deliver the goods though?

Transfers

In

YL08tPa.png

48QGV8V.png

Out

KGIiIlQ.png

TFXJ1qF.png

It's safe to say i meddled with the squad way too much!

The View In November

League

zEcpg7U.png

Top half so all going good!

Reindorf

CQvDqNR.png

Already half way to his total needed!

The View In January

League

X3EGz0q.png

We could make top four!

Reindorf

93rHXlz.png

a third of the challenge is complete! Now we must aim for the 50 goals and staying in the top half of the table!

The View In February

League

1mXgAdQ.png

Lacking those goals! Let's just go for it and enter attack mode, can we reach the targets?

Season Review

q8KnwZh.png

Yes! We just cross the line with one goal to spare!

League

6z83oBU.png

Rather save within the top half but we just manage the 50 goal target!

Domestic Cups

RR82i1R.png

gzNFN3n.png

How Did Jessy Reindorf Do?

Stats

d4CupXI.png

Results

EKG8MEf.png

A bloody impressive season if i do say so myself!

Player Information

AvR

vJcmmM9.png

Some massive performances from the boys!

Goals

glQfUVS.png

Assists

VBvRGv5.png

So there we have it for part one of this new series, hopefully you enjoyed the read as i tried to show you the type of things to expect within this thread. As always please support this thread as the motivation to not only crack on here but to come back with a bang after my vacations will only result in more exciting content for you guys to enjoy. 

Thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment. 

That Reindorf guy isn't bad...OK, he kind of is. 

I think that was the point of the challenge :p, I was very happy with his performance I'll have you know :D

FMHVibe without Ashez for two weeks?! *pressing panic button*

You did good with Reindorf :D I never really used Lens but he looks real bargain for sure!

FMHVibe without Ashez for two weeks?! *pressing panic button*

You did good with Reindorf :D I never really used Lens but he looks real bargain for sure!

Hopefully I'll have good internet while away, if so I'll still be online for sure, I don't think I could handle two weeks away lol. If everything goes to plan I'll be playing short challenges while away and I'll post them here, I just need to create a list of what's available so if you have any ideas or suggestions let me know. 

I was waiting for you to post this series :D The Reindorf thing was pretty cool. I wonder if there are better non-league strikers than him...

The only way to find out is to try the challenge :P

I've use Reindorf before and in the lower leagues he is a beast.

I meant to go back and use him again but I never got around to it lol. 

Thanks for the comments lads :)

What Has Ashez Been Playing
Part Three

A Cheap Double Trouble

Hello Vibe and welcome to part three of this series and as the title suggests i'll be showing you a double trouble save i had around the start of the game. At this time i was just frustrated with everything around football manager ranging from the game itself to other things surrounding it, one thing that was somewhat irritating me was the fact people were only ever talking about the star players being up to the goal challenges. with this in mind i decided to try and achieve the challenge on a budget so i went on the hunt for some cheap players who i felt were up to the challenge. 

Meet The Strikers

RkEgX6z.png

eMU7x21.png

What would you pay for these two beauts? A few million apiece? Well they cost me a cool £125k for the pair

That image also reveals i decided to go to Belgium for this save as it's a league i don't feel we see as much as i feel i should compared to say Scotland and Portugal.  

With that i had my two super strikers that cost just £125k and it was time to go on the hunt for the 1200 goals! 

Season One
Club Information

Transfers

In

DalSQcY.png

A0rvmLv.png

Out

oLDTBm9.png

And another page of loans but they aren't important.

Season Review

ApDtR2u.png

A solid first season as we bring the domestic treble home!

Belgium Cup

yajkZ9K.png

An exciting match!

Super Cup

HI43zDc.png

Double trouble lads!

Season One
Strikers Information

VZqu2df.png

v8tzNED.png

A very solid start for the two, especially as both had injury issues.

(Garita two months in September and Diedhiou four months in April)

Season Two
Club Information

Transfers
In

CIMp46I.png

Out

sYAeMWm.png

Season Review

COh4O32.png

Only the double this season

Belgium Cup

GPnkpKi.png

Just about got the win!

Manager Profile

kcPznDC.png

Decent enough

Season Two
Striker Information

9qMVLiq.png

jkqsE0v.png

A slight improvement

SbQGTPz.png

By58nph.png

Some more improvements

Season Three
Club Information

Transfers
In

VMYq3H6.png

Out

fuwpJWS.png

Season Review

WWf0t43.png

The treble is back and we made progress in Europe!

League

BnZTUzy.png

An undefeated league :D, shame we messed it up in the playoffs :@

Belgium Cup

4ejdYaP.png

Madness!

Super Cup

6e0iSlJ.png

Lovely start to the season :D

Manager Profile

uNszt0W.png

Season Three
The Strikers

Diedhiou

Stats

ZmABhCj.png

I'm sure you can already see what went wrong

Results

5ZcOeKm.png

Another great season!

Garita

Stats

LwhuLyX.png

Results

cvV75j8.png

Totals

Diedhiou - 127 
Garita - 95

Grand Total - 222

The pair had 978 remaining and Diedhiou had an easy 12 seasons in them so taking into account improvement and what not they should have beaten the challenge, sure it might have been tight but that's half the fun. 

The problem was the stamina bug decided to hit Diedhiou hard after this season, he was hovering a little bit during this season but at the start of season four it dropped to 5 and i knew that was the challenge over. At the time i was absolutely gutted as it was such a fun save to play but that bug was a disease! Once the virus had you there was no turning back!

A nice long update today for you guys so i hoped you enjoyed looking at this save with me, hopefully it'll open your eyes a little to the beauty of Belgium and that big players don't have to cost big bucks. 

As always thank you for following and please remember to leave a comment. If the support is good tonight i'll throw some more careers up tomorrow for sure!

Not bad at all for 125k considering we've all no doubt spent millions on a star striker for him to underperform dramatically

Not bad at all for 125k considering we've all no doubt spent millions on a star striker for him to underperform dramatically

Thanks mate, I'm glad someone enjoyed the update lol. For the price paid I was extremely happy with their performance :). 

Enjoyed catching up on this. For every great career there must be another 5-10 failed ones. It's nice to see those attempts and your thought process. 

Truer words have never been spoken, I've wasted so much time on saves that never worked out this year :(. The worst part is I'm still working on these silly ideas and tests :P 

Nice to see all your failed careers :P 

I feel that dig is missing a certain link :P 

Only just seen this

Really enjoyed last year's stuff mate should be fun

Thanks UK, I hope you enjoy everything else I show :) 

remember if there is a challenge or idea you want to see let me know :) 

What Has Ashez Been Playing?
Part Four

Fun In Germany

The German league has been one i've largely overlooked during my time on FMH so this year i looked to set that right as i've tried to play within their system more and it's fair to say the change of pace has been nice. I'll be honest and say it's a league i'm still not that interest in but the saves i've had their have been fun so that's all that counts. Let's enough of me rambling though so sit back and enjoy this three career special! 

Relegation Looms - Dortmund

ttjWVXr.png

When Dortmund were going through real life relegation issues i decided it would be fun to see if i could turn their fortunes around! 

Starting Point

RT2XUFl.png

Should be easy enough to turn around!

The Results

iGJV7W3.png

7B9LzOt.png

Not the most challenging save ever as we stormed the challenge without dropping any points which is always fun! 

Final League Table

wTC4Dp3.png

In touching distance of the Champions League!

Part Five

The Wolf Of Riquelme

Like many football fans this year Wolfsburg have been on my mind and as i had a new formation i wanted to try involving an advanced playmaker (4-1-2-1-2)  i decided it was the perfect chance to try out the Riquelme challenge. 

Season Review

EXkEGzS.png

Third in the league and a cup for a new formation featuring a 36 year old AMC isn't bad going at all in my opinion.

More Information On The Save

League

oIcNSi7.png

Could have easily won it!

German Cup

K4bQFM4.png

A nice day out for the fans!

Manager Profile

sX14OfZ.png

Unfortunately i can't remember my transfers.

The Strike Force

If i'm eager to test a new formation you know i'm just as eager to try out some strikers so in the spoiler below you'll see who i used and how they got on!

Lens

cfNn2bC.png

Trust me this is the last time i'll mention him! 

Results

432M7Vh.png

You can see why i rate him so highly though!

Dost

neBI35S.png

Results

f6CzyJZ.png

He was meant to be my best player (AvR wise) but i'd be lying if i said i didn't expect more from him. 

The Main Event

Juan Roman Riquelme

Stats

L6C3jzd.png

Age has not been kind :( 

Results

OKLLcOo.png

They don't look like amazing results but when you think about it they are, the lad is 36 years of age and he's averaged an assists every four games in one of the hardest leagues on the planet! Massive season in my opinion.

Part Six

Myclub is Shaktar!

Shaktar are a club i've always wanted to play with and when Pep said they would be challenging for the title if they were playing in Germany i decided to put this to the test! The save is rather simple as all i did was scrapbook all the players from the club and start a myclub save using the real information for Shaktar. I'm amazed we haven't seen more myclub saves like this to be honest.

My Squad

8mY6OK7.png

autIkLI.png

This was one frustrating save, i'm not familiar with many of the players as is never mind trying to keep track of their full names.

Table In January

FB1GHxL.png

Yikes, already a long way off the pace!

A Violent Match And Easter Egg

X7CoQmu.png

JWZMs71.png

Tut Tut!

Season Review

XDZgj6D.png

Not a bad season but we failed to challenge for the title.

Final Table

HXPMt76.png

Not bad at all but nowhere near title challengers, maybe Pep was referring to the fact Shaktar could at least try and wrestle with them financially compared to the rest of Germany.

Player Performances

Goals

R9oSz3A.png

The lack of goals was a real issue!

AvR

HUN9Gid.png

Assists

aR4wpd7.png

That's it for today's update and i hope you enjoyed this journey through Germany, as always thank you for reading and please remember to leave a comment.   

This is quickly becoming one of my favourite career threads :) Lots of fun reading about your little one season adventures. 

Thoroughly impressed with your results as Dortmund though. Crazy run!

Some greats there! Shakhtar idea is awesome.

I knew I'd like this thread from last year but I'm loving it again!

Who's this Jermain Lens that you used? Never seen him mentioned on the site before ;)

This is quickly becoming one of my favourite career threads :) Lots of fun reading about your little one season adventures. 

Thoroughly impressed with your results as Dortmund though. Crazy run!

Thanks MM :D

Yeah that Dortmund run was class, the sad part is I can't remember which tactic I used :( . 

Some greats there! Shakhtar idea is awesome.

I knew I'd like this thread from last year but I'm loving it again!

Who's this Jermain Lens that you used? Never seen him mentioned on the site before ;)

like I said I expected to see more stuff like that with Myclub, even more obvious stuff like moving Barca to the   PL etc. 

Thanks, as you know comments like that mean a lot :) 

lens is a beast :D 

@Bren: Thanks mate, I'll be posting some stuff next week for sure. The internet here is awful and as I can't get on Vibe my motivation to play FMH is dead lol. I am starting to crave some action though so hopefully I play soon :). 

@Temp: Thanks :D. Yeah I'd love to be able to play as Shaktar as long as they were handled well, by which I mean being able to spend big on big name players. I'd personally also want Turkey and Russia playable. That would be three leagues with rich and poor options with various challenges opened up

I'll keep my eyes peeled for sure! My motivations dying out aswell as I can't keep a career for more than three seasons lol just started a fun little save with Celtic and Leigh griffiths has scored about 20 in 9 or 10 games the beast haha

I'm back home and the internet is lovely! Miss me?

Ill be back into the site in the coming days, hopefully be able to post something here tomorrow. I haven't played my season of the H2H as yet but I'll crack on with that too! 

Le Tour De Fail

One of the best and most unique new challenges this year was posted by @BatiGoal and it was his Le Tour de France Challenge. In short the challenge is to follow the TDF route and doing various challenges along the way and it's one that caught my eye instantly. However it is a very risky challenge as the first stage involves getting a player from Holland to Belgium and this step down can be hard, so i set about thinking of a few ways i could go about it. One idea was to have a player on loan in Holland from a Belgium club and the other idea was to use someone on a one year deal, this way he'd be a free agent in the summer and i could hopefully pick him up on a free as a Belgium club in season two. After some thought i decided option two was the best so i gave it a whirl which is the season you're about to see. 

A Dutch Adventure!

Holland use to be my go to league and it was a division i really loved, however in the last two years i've really struggled to play there with Scotland and Portugal being more appealing. One aim of this career was to get me back into Holland and playing as the mighty Ajax. Looking back this was likely a daft move as it massively improves the players reputation and demands so i should have selected a lesser club but it did work out okay as i enjoyed the save. 

The Selected Player

Z7OmtMh.png

I was really happy with Schalk as he had everything i wanted from a player for this challenge, he looked to have the natural attacking stats needed while his ability to play on the wings should lead to assists. It also gave me options as i could play him out wide until he hit the assist target then move him upfront as i enjoy goals. 

Transfers

In

wAB7jfn.png

A few players i wanted to look at and a DMC which the squad desperately needs.

Out

pC2y5td.png

Sold the two players i don't rate or need within the squad. 

Season Review

S4XSDnp.png

A wonderful season!

League

jRauC6h.png

Undefeated :D

Dutch Cup

vqvLwF4.png

Milik was magic on this save!

Super Cup

PpjKy0G.png

Champions League Disaster!

p4xsRNz.png

That was painful to watch :(

Alex Schalk
Results

KfI4kI5.png

What Happened Next?

He managed to collect the needed assists and a few goals after his move central but this season was too much for the young Dutchman and he soon got used to success. His contract expired and i resigned but i was unable to attract him to anywhere in Belgium and he made his way to France which resulted in the save ending here. All in all it was a really fun save though! 

Player Information

Average Rating

6IxWzbl.png

Goals

haf9to3.png

Assists

haf9to3.png

Milik

dVnUWle.png

Thank you for viewing and please remember to leave a comment.

You didn't complete the challenge but you did uncover a hidden gem. I might play a game in Holland soon just to pick Schalk up. He looks incredible