• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 If Teams Didn't Sell: Sevilla

S4NCH0

If Teams Didn't $ell:

Sevilla

Hi everyone,

Welcome to my second post of this If Teams Didn't Sell Series. I have done Southampton already and think of completing the list with Sevilla, Porto, Atletico, Ajax and Benfica. Enjoy.

Sevilla

In the last years Sevilla scouts have found some great players from all around the world and have bought them into the club to later sell them to big teams like Madrid and Barcelona multiplying their value. Sevilla have recently shined in Europa League by winning it twice in the las two years but in the league they haven't been able to break the last years duopoly of Barca and Madrid in the League. Below I leave you how the team would look if they hadn't sold all their stars.

The Team

Erjwe7h.png

Once again I ask you to take a look at the the team and analyze it for a second. Awesome, right? Just imagine the barrier those players in the midfield and defense would form and the great attack they would also have. Players like Ramos, Alves, Rakitic, Navas and Negredo are now big names in the best teams around the world, but once in their career they went through the pastures of Sánchez-Pizjuan Stadium.

The Players

Diego Lopez

GGLVNXo.png

The Spanish goalkeeper was bought in the 12/13 season by Sevilla for €3.5M from Villarreal where he had been the past five years. He only played half a season for Sevilla before being sold to Real Madrid for the same price of €3.5M. 

Cost: €3.5M
Sold at: €3.5M

Alberto Moreno

6LN2ga3.png

The Spanish left back was promoted from Sevilla Academy in 2011 and played three seasons with the team before being sold to Anfield. Sevilla sold him for €18M in 2014 to Liverpool. 
Cost: €0
Sold at: €18M

Sergio Ramos

KydBdop.png

The Spanish center back is one of the best, if not the best, defenders at the moment. He was also promoted from the academy in 2002 and played three seasons for the team, he was tagged as the next great player and this caught Real Madrids' attention who bought him for €27M in 2005.

Sold at: €27M

Federico Fazio

Jc9Diot.png

The Argentine center back was bought from Argentine team Ferro Carril in 2006 for €800K. Eight years later, after performing very good over the years for Sevilla, he was sold for €10M to Tottenham Hotspur in 2014.
Cost: €800K
Sold at: €10M

Dani Alves

ofBwXGo.png

The polemic Brazilian right back is also considered one of the best defensive players at the moment. He first joined Sevilla in a loan from Brazilian club Bahia but Sevilla used the Buy Clause at the end of the loan and got him for €550K. He played 6 seasons for Sevilla and was then sold for €36M to Barcelona.

Cost: €550K
Sold at: €36M

Ivan Rakitic

f8lJCbH.png

The Croatian midfielder was bought in 2007 by Sevilla from Schalke 04 for €2.5M and played 4 seasons with the Spanish side. He was the best player for Sevilla and helped them win 2014 Europa League. He then was the target for many big teams, in the end he was bought for €18M by Barcelona.
Cost: €2.5M

Seydou Keita

ivYUU3k.png

The Mali midfielder was bought for €4M by Sevilla from French side Lens back in 2007. He had a surprising first season and immediately was bought by Spanish giants Barcelona for €14M.

Cost: €4M

Geoffrey Kondogbia

sOyGfBZ.png

The French midfielder is considered one of the best young players at the moment. He started his career at Lens and was bought for €4M in 2012 by Sevilla. The Spanish could only enjoy his football for a season before being sold to rich side Monaco in 2013 for €20M.
Cost: €4M
Sold at: €20M

Jesus Navas

I1WYOKE.png

Jesus Navas started his career in 2002 with Sevilla after being promoted from the Academy. He played for 11 season in Spain and was one of the main players from the Spanish national team who won 2 Euro Cups and Southafrica World Cup. He was sold to Manchester City in 2013 for €20M.

Sold at: €20M

Alvaro Negredo

mEEpsV9.png

The Spanish striker was bought from Real Madrid this time. He was bought for a fee of €15M and played 4 seasons with them before being sold for €25M in 2013 to Manchester City.
Cost: €15M
Sold at: €25M

Carlos Bacca

m2teVl7.png

The Colombian winger was 9 years ago working as a fisherman. He was bought from Brugge by Sevilla for a fee of €7M. He was the main player after Rakitic departure and was a significant player in winning consecutive Europa League trophies for Sevilla. He has just been sold to Milan where he will be playing next season, for a fee of €30M

Cost: €2.1M
Sold at: €9.5

Conclusion

Sevilla would definitely be in the top 3 teams every year in La Liga with this team. No doubt.

Total
Cost: €37.5M
Sold at: €226M
Profit: €188.5M

Sevilla beat Southampton this time and surprisingly they spent way less than the Saints and sold at almost the twice as them. Impressive.

Profit Comparison
Southampton: €120.2M
Sevilla: €188.5M
FC Porto: ?
Atletico Madrid: ?
Benfica: ?
Ajax: ?

That's all. Hope you enjoyed and live a like and comment if you liked it. :)

Edit- Changed Adriano for Carlos Bacca.

Edited by S4NCH0

Sevilla have been the best club in the market this century IMO, another good article

Thanks Man! And I think Sevilla have been the best club in market as well alongside with Porto

If you research Monchi the business he's done has been sensational, I'd have personally put Bacca in the team though. 

If you research Monchi the business he's done has been sensational, I'd have personally put Bacca in the team though. 

Monchi is a very good director, no wonder why he was wanted by Barca to replace Zubizarreta and Puyol in the business area. 

And yeah, it should have been Bacca instead of Adriano, didn't even thought of it. It would be better because Adriano is not a winger ;)

Great team they would have, Monchi is a genius, amazing work, and the same Carlos Bacca should've been in the team. Anothers maybe Jose Reyes (who currently plays there but was sold a long time ago to Arsenal for 20), Julio Baptista or Medel.

Enjoy the read, cheers.

Great team they would have, Monchi is a genius, amazing work, and the same Carlos Bacca should've been in the team. Anothers maybe Jose Reyes (who currently plays there but was sold a long time ago to Arsenal for 20), Julio Baptista or Medel.

Enjoy the read, cheers.

Im happy you enjoyed the read Pipaz, cheers :)

Jose Reyes would have been a great addition to the shortlist. Baptists and Mendel would too.

Cracking article mate! Extremely well written :D

I'm honestly surprised to learn this about Sevilla, didn't know they were such big sellers! Especially surprised to learn that both Alves and Ramos use to play for them :O

Cracking article mate! Extremely well written :D

I'm honestly surprised to learn this about Sevilla, didn't know they were such big sellers! Especially surprised to learn that both Alves and Ramos use to play for them :O

Thanks MM!

They have had many big sells in the last years. Imagine Alves and Ramos still played for them, it would be awesome.

Didn't realise half of these players were at Sevilla. Nice work :).

Thanks Dec. And yeah Sevilla has had some great players over the last years.

I didn't realise Sevilla had sold so much quality! Can't wait to see who's next!

I also find it amazing how Sevilla sold so much quality, imagine the dream team that would be. I'll be doing maybe Atletico or Porto next ;).

Enjoying your series! Very interesting stuff :)

thanks Tom! Next I'll be doing Porto no and Atletico Madrid. But I'll post it like in two weeks because ill be on vacation. I'm happy you liked it.