Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 How often and how much should I change tactics?

Bulba

Hello! Sorry if I put this in the wrong section.

I've recently started playing FMH15 and have been experimenting a lot with tactics. There was once I used a 4-1-2-1-2 formation with Chelsea mid-season and stuck with it, then won 14 games in a row. But after that, my team's perfomance suddenly dropped, averaging about 0.6 points per match which is pretty poor for a team of Chelsea's caliber.

I understand that opponents learn to counter your tactic if you use it for too long, but at the same time changing tactics too often will lead to inconsistent and often poor results as your team is forced to keep changing strategy. I like to use 4-2-3-1* with MCs, but also want to try other formations like 4-1-2-2-1, so my question is how often and when should I tweak my tactics? Is it okay to occasionally switch from 4-2-3-1 to 4-1-2-2-1 throughout the season?

Thanks!

There is no real rule of thumb, just if you notice a dip in performance for an extended period of time or if you are playing a vastly better opposition you should think about changing.

You can't always tweak your formations as your players can't adapt to a change and that will turn into a downfall in form.On the other hand,if you use the same formation for too long,other teams will latch onto it eventually.So,my suggestion is to tweak your tactics(but not too much) during mid season or when you have poor form.

Thanks for the quick response. So normally I shouldn't change too much unless I'm doing consistently badly. By small tweaks do you mean things like changing the tactical roles of players, and perhaps the team instructions?

Thanks for the quick response. So normally I shouldn't change too much unless I'm doing consistently badly. By small tweaks do you mean things like changing the tactical roles of players, and perhaps the team instructions?

that's right

So do tactics get cracked by Ai? Billy suggested no on the forum I started. I don't see an obvious tactic used by all teams to beat me , or style of play . Just sometimes my teams just start playing consistently awful lol. 

You will definitely notice a dip in form after a season or so into the game. The AI does perform better against your tactic after a while. What I usually do is tweak the tactic slightly everytime I notice a dip in form lasting about half a season. Sometimes those dips in form are only temporary though, but if they last half a season, it's usually permanent.