Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking Forward #3 - Top 5 MID wonderkids in FMH16

Hey guys!

Welcome to Looking Forward #3 - A series where we take a look at potential upcoming wonderkids in FMH16

Today, we look at the top 5 midfield wonderkids of FMH16:

(All players on this list are 22 and under, and are somewhat affordable for all teams)

Number 5

Bryan Cristante

4222252.jpg

lDdBvyh.png

At number 5, it’s Bryan Cristante, central midfielder from Benfica.

Bryan made his professional debut in the 2011-12 season for AC Milan in the Champions League, aged just 16 years old. What a stage for your first game!

He was then bought by Benfica at the start of last season and has since made 15 appearances and scored 1 goal.

Still just 20 years old, Bryan will be looking to expand his place at Benfica next season and develop further with the Portuguese side before another transfer elsewhere. 

Number 4

Salih Ucan

salih-ucan.jpg

FGDj31t.png

Another Serie A player is my number 4 – Salih Ucan.

A Turkish international, Salih is a midfielder with an imposing presence (and I'm not just talking about his hair!)

Currently on loan to Roma from Turkish side Fenerbahce (although the loan becomes permanent upon expiry), Salih has already tasted success with Fenerbahce’s 2013-14 Super Lig title, in which he made 17 appearances. 

Much like Cristante – Ucan will want to consolidate his place in the Roma midfield in the upcoming season, and is definitely one of the talents to watch.

Number 3

Youri Tielemans

tumblr_inline_nqns7qpe5I1tx2eo0_1280.jpg

AOWdayX.png

A familiar name at number 3 – Anderlecht midfielder Youri Tielemans

Many of you will have heard the name – he has been the quintessential FM wonderkid in the last few years.

Youri made his Champions League debut for Anderlecht aged a mere 16 years and 148 days, even younger than Bryan Cristante!

Since then, Youri has been a first team player at Anderlecht whilst winning the Belgian Pro League in 2013-14. Most recently, he made 48 appearances last season with 8 goals to his name.

Even with all his achievements so far, it’s hard to fathom that he is still only 18 years old. Surely a big transfer is not far away – grab him while you still can!

Number 2

Ruben Neves

471241286-portos-midfielder-ruben-neves-

tNyMOK4.png

At number 2, it’s a Primeira Liga talent – Ruben Neves from FC Porto

A defensive midfielder at heart, Ruben is also not afraid to lead an attack further up field with his great passing, vision and positioning.

Ruben was used heavily by Porto last season, making 37 appearances overall, including 9 matches in Europe and scoring 1 goal.

A great defensive midfielder is harder to find and fill than most other positions in FMH, which only makes Ruben a more attractive option.

Although he won’t be cheap to acquire, at only 18 years old, he is a player with a great upside that won’t leave you disappointed. 

Number 1 

Andrija Zivkovic

sp-zivkovic.jpg

fcx3wob.png

It may be controversial, but number 1 on my list of top 5 midfield wonderkids for FMH 16 is the FK Partizan captain, Andrija Zivkovic.

Still only 19 years old, Zivkovic is the youngest player ever to make a senior appearance for the Serbian national team, as well as the youngest Partizan captain ever.

Under his leadership, Partizan won the Serbian SuperLiga last season, for the 7th time in their history. Zivkovic played in 40 games and contributed 7 goals.

He has a lot of potential and given the fantastic season he had last season, he will surely see a rise to his stock for FMH16.

Although a fairly experienced player for his age, he does have work permit issues at the start of FMH15, but hopefully this changes in FMH16 given his fantastic season!

What do you think of my predictions? Who do you think will be a proper midfield wonder in FMH16? Is there anyone I've missed? Please leave your comments below! 

(This list is speculative and my opinion only, and isn’t in any way reflective of the upcoming FMH16)

Other topics in the Looking Forward series:

I've used 4 out of 5 of the players listed, just never used Ucan before. All of them are midfielder beast, and with a very high PA there too. Good work:)

Thanks mate, you should try Ucan sometime, he's not bad :P 

Solid looking list mate :) 

Thanks Ashez, glad you like the list!

Only one i havent used on this list is Ucan but will have to give him a try now.

i love Cristante. He ends up a beast who can play almost any midfield role - except perhaps BBM. One not on this list but worth checking out is Melkamu Taufer. On the England only DB, he usually ends up challenging Pogba as best in game for me.