Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Ashez' Holiday XI - A Bulgarian & Greek Mix

Ashez

Ashez' Holiday XI - A Bulgarian & Greek Mix

Many of you may have noticed my absence in the last month or so and this is due to me being on two holidays, as the title gives away I've spent time in Greece (Corfu) and Bulgaria. As always I'm looking for a way to turn everything into content for you guys and when my mind started to wonder about the footballers from the countries I was visiting I decided a mixed XI would be interesting, so without wasting anymore time let's take a look. 

Basic English database only and all images are from a day one save. I created this list without internet so I apologise if anyone has moved in the latest window.

Goalkeeper

Orestis Karnezis

vduZ1hy.png

Both nations are missing a top notch keeper in game but Karnezis is the best of the bunch. Stat wise he looks rather solid with a few greens and blues right on the verge so intensive training should push him over the edge. Another benefit of Karnezis is his age as keepers can go on forever, as he's only 28 he could easily be your main man for ten odd seasons, which isn't bad at all considering his starting value is rather low, he certainly could be a bargain. 

Defence

Kostas Stafylidis

eHzhau0.png

The attacking left wingback Stafylidis makes the list and while he has a number of blues his potential is clear to see. From the defensive side his tackling and teamwork are decent and likely to improve but his attacking stats are where it's at. At just twenty years of age Stafylidis has 14 crossing, 12 dribbling, 13 passing and pace as well as 14 stamina to ensure he's getting up and down for ninety minutes, certainly an attacking fullback worth a look. 

Sokratis Papastathopoulos

8FNv60u.png

Sokratis is a beast, just look at that mouth watering stat spread! 20 tackling, 16 positioning and 15 heading is superb, especially with that £4m valuation and decent wage! I doubt he'd be sold cheap but Sokratis looks to be an excellent defender in which I'd suggest you sniff around! 

Kyriakos Papadopoulos

eqREXOM.png

Kyriakos has recently moved to Bayer Leverkusen after a injury hit career but when he's fit it's clear to see he's an amazing defender. Stat wise Kyriakos has everything you could dream of as he has ability on the deck and in the air. His injury proneness does make him a very risky signing however but maybe give him a try if you can get him cheap enough which might be possible on 2016 as I think Bayer spent a very low amount on him (around 2.5m euros IIRC with add ons but I could be wrong). 

Stanislav Manolev

BNGt89I.png

Manolev is a more balanced fullback compared to Stafylidis on the left side of the pitch but his potential is much less. For starters Manolev starts the game at 28 years of age so he's in or around his peak but his stats don't scream world class, especially as intensive training won't work wonders on him in my opinion. However he could be a great "cheaper" buy for the right club as he does have decent stats in some places and is rather balanced. 

Midfield

Simeon Slavchev

4sNYfRO.png

Slavchev is one of the only players on the list I've used before and this Sporting Lisbon midfielder is top class. His starting stats don't tend to warrant a second look but Slavchev develops massively on intensive training and gains the ability to play a number of roles in midfield, including BWM and BBM. I'm not sure how much he'd be to buy but he's certainly worth a purchases in my opinion. 

Andreas Samaris

zqGUWPV.png

SL Benfica's Greek midfielder Andreas Samaris joins his Sporting rival in midfield and SLB's recent big purchase from Olymipiakos looks solid. Samaris is a hard working deep lying midfielder which his stats compliment perfectly as his strength, passing and teamwork all catch the eye, while his other stats like creativity, crossing, technique and stamina all could turn green with intensive training. Samaris is a player I think could do well but on my Benfica save I ended up wasting him so I'm not sure what he could become. 

Georgi Milanov

TrAN4dv.png

Milanov is the player that got me excited about this list as his base stats are awesome! Milanov is a young attacking midfielder who starts with the ability to play in multiple positions and with the stats to abuse that trait which is something to get excited about! He won't come cheap (around £12m IIRC) but on a day one save the CSKA midfielder starts with 15 creativity, decisions and crossing while also having 16 passing. After some time on intensive training I'd expect his movement, shooting, teamwork, stamina and technique to improve which would make this Bulgarian extremely exciting. 

Giorgos Samaras

ocwYBmn.png

Samaras makes the list purely due to UK's recommendation of the player and because I've used him well in past generations of the game. However that's not to say the former Manchester City and Celtic forward is unworthy as his stats are impressing and he's got a few years left in him. Stat wise it's clear to see the attractiveness of a player like Samaras as he has a number of green stats including 17 dribbling, 16 technique and passing as well as 15 creativity! Wanna know what makes Samaras slightly more appealing? He could be a free transfer on FMh'2016! 

Attack

Dimitar Berbatov

hvNjjYi.png

Berbatov was always going to make the list as his quality and ability is clear to see. Granted the former Premier League star is ageing but he still has a few season in him if your squad is in need of an experienced head in your attacking line. Like Samaras, Berbatov is also likely to be a free transfer on 2016 which would make him a decent signing, especially if his stats stay as high as they are on 2015, certainly a player to keep an eye on in my opinion. 

Kostas Mitroglou

LTxELVy.png

Mitroglou is a striker I really liked on 2014 as he scored for fun but his failed move to Fulham might have hindered him but the tools to succeed are still in his locker. Stat wise his 17 shooting stat draws the eye while his other attacking stats like heading, movement, technique and dribbling will also improve with IT. On 2016 this Greek international will be found on loan at Benfica so I'm sure he'll be mentioned a lot more on Vibe in the coming months. 

That's it for my holiday XI and thank you for viewing, please remember to leave a comment :).

Edited by Ashez