Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

Just thought I'd see if we could get any Nintendo discussion going, you may all know I'm obsessed with the games they make lol. 

So is anyone collecting Amiibo? Or have a WiiU/3ds? 

Also is anyone getting Mario Maker this week? Mines coming today and I'm soooo excited :D. Haven't had chance to finish Yoshi's Wooly World yet though, damn that's a charming game! 

Also don't forget to post any friend codes :D. 

I have a  3ds , barely use it though..How much does Mario maker cost ? It sounds quite interesting from what I heard of it.

Edited by hardikchawla6

I'm always on my 3ds lol, including DS games I have well over 100. 

Well MM is WiiU only, the game is around 40 I believe, I dunno though as I got the special addition for 50. 

Indeed it does :) 

The WiiU has some brilliant games like Mario 3d World, Mario Bros, Luigi Bros, Splatoon, TLOZ Windwaker, Smash Bros and now Mario Maker to name a few. 

I think my mario maker has been delivered to the wrong place and the delivery man isn't answering his phone :(. 

Wow that is brilliant.

Btw half the games you mentionedwere Mario spinoffs lol, but still it is backwards compatible and that is not something you see on most consoles and that increases it's library hugely ! Might consider getting it now .How much is its hard disk storage ?

Edited by hardikchawla6

Unfortunately the WiiU seriously lacks third party support so all it has is first party games, hence all the mario etc. The console might lack some games but the ones it has are quality, especially now when the backlog is a decent size. 

i even missed out some great games though!

Yoshi's Wooly World, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Pikman 3 and more niche things like Bayonetta and The Wonderful 101. 

Rumour has it the next console could be out in 2016 though, but if you  missed Wii games it has plenty of games to keep you busy. 

Unfortunately the WiiU seriously lacks third party support so all it has is first party games, hence all the mario etc. The console might lack some games but the ones it has are quality, especially now when the backlog is a decent size. 

i even missed out some great games though!

Yoshi's Wooly World, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart 8, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, Pikman 3 and more niche things like Bayonetta and The Wonderful 101. 

Rumour has it the next console could be out in 2016 though, but if you  missed Wii games it has plenty of games to keep you busy. 

Didnt nintendo say they will use  phones  as their next console ?

No, however they are also going into mobile gaming. 

They currently have the WiiU and DS family as two pillars and the new "NX" is meant to be the third (as they did briefly with the console, GBA and DS before the DS exploded). 

No one knows what this NX is however it is a "console" but if it's handheld, home or even both we don't know yet. All we know is a patent was filed for a non disc system, so it'll be download only or use something like a DS cart. 

No, however they are also going into mobile gaming. 

They currently have the WiiU and DS family as two pillars and the new "NX" is meant to be the third (as they did briefly with the console, GBA and DS before the DS exploded). 

No one knows what this NX is however it is a "console" but if it's handheld, home or even both we don't know yet. All we know is a patent was filed for a non disc system, so it'll be download only or use something like a DS cart. 

The games on wii look impressive , but I don't know why they use outdated hardware it could be so much better.

At least the WiiU is HD, Mario in HD is beautiful lol, Yoshi's Wooly World for example is a feast for the eyes. 

The power argument is fair but Nintendo found ways to still make their games look good, look at Windwaker on the GC, still looks amazing today while most PS2 games look awful. Nintendo make their systems as powerful as they need them but it's fair to say I would like them to be able to do more. 

My main issue is with the gimmicky controlers like the game pad and wii remote. Some games they work amazingly while others are limited. 

There are four Mario games on WiiU ATM.

New Super Mario Bros WiiU -Side scroller 

New Super Luigi Bros WiiU - Side scroller - This is a DLC pack which remakes the above game, also available physically. 

Super Mario 3d World - 3d platformer

Mario Maker - Side scroller  

And for some unknown reason Nintendo never impressed me........ ;)

Fair enough, if it wasn't for them the gaming industry might not exist today and they've influenced the way a lot of genres play.

Fair enough, if it wasn't for them the gaming industry might not exist today and they've influenced the way a lot of genres play.

"Might not exist today" well sounds a pretty big statement. It's not like without Nintendo there wouldn't be any gaming industry it would have rose sooner or later, later actually but there would be a gaming industry for sure. Also I admit it has inspired loads of genres so that doesn't mean it's the best, sales figures show that for sure. Half of the basketball maneuvers doesn't even work at Wii compare that to PS4 actually not even PS4 but PS3 well needless to say there's a huge I'd say a massive difference. When I was a kid I loved playing games in NintendoDS, GBA but that doesn't means it is the top dog right now. Honestly Nintendo's tech and it's titles are left behind surely some people love it still. 

Nintendo is like Liverpool they were good before but now they are .....you're getting the point. Couldn't find a better example but A.C Milan fits in as well.

I was referring to the video game crash more than anything where Nintendo saved the industry. The play station is only a thing due to Nintendo after all but I'm sure you all know that story. 

Game wise they inspired a lot with things like Golden Eye 64 setting the standard of first person shooters, TLOZ introduced the Z target system in OOT which made 3d action games playable and is still used today while being wildly regarded as the best game of all time. Then you have the fact Nintendo showed everyone how to do 3d with Mario 64 and the list goes on. 

I've never said Nintendo are the best, it is purely personal preference that I like them. I love the characters, back stories and art of the games. That basket ball example is daft, some games suit different consoles more, I could say something like using the touch screen wouldn't work on anything but WiiU or that Skyward Sword wouldn't work on the PS3/4 without their Wii knockoff adapters. 

Sales figures show that? The Wii and DS are two of the highest selling systems ever! Sure the WiiU has bombed but a lot of that is due to the poor marketing and unusual controller. Most people think the WiiU is an add on to the Wii and not a new system for example. 

The PSVita has all the power it could want but it was left behind in the dust of the DS/3Ds. All more power means is it's more expensive to make games on which is a reason why the Vita has struggled. I'm sure there are some games the WiiU couldn't handle from this gen however one reason why the WiiU lost it's third party support is because it's a nightmare to port to as it uses Nintendo's own hardware, obviously an oversight by the company but that's part the reason, if they could port PC games like the Xbox and PS4 could they'd have more and it's rumoured the NX will have this power. 

The main reason I love Nintendo is because their first party support is top notch while they're always fresh. I have a ps2, ps3, 360, PSP and various older consoles but I got sick of all the shit, boring, mediocre and repetitive games that came out and weren't worth the money. So much so I lost my love of gaming for a while in my teenage years but my love of Nintendo pulled me back and I've never been happier being Nintendo exclusive. 

I was referring to the video game crash more than anything where Nintendo saved the industry. The play station is only a thing due to Nintendo after all but I'm sure you all know that story. 

Game wise they inspired a lot with things like Golden Eye 64 setting the standard of first person shooters, TLOZ introduced the Z target system in OOT which made 3d action games playable and is still used today while being wildly regarded as the best game of all time. Then you have the fact Nintendo showed everyone how to do 3d with Mario 64 and the list goes on. 

I've never said Nintendo are the best, it is purely personal preference that I like them. I love the characters, back stories and art of the games. That basket ball example is daft, some games suit different consoles more, I could say something like using the touch screen wouldn't work on anything but WiiU or that Skyward Sword wouldn't work on the PS3/4 without their Wii knockoff adapters. 

Sales figures show that? The Wii and DS are two of the highest selling systems ever! Sure the WiiU has bombed but a lot of that is due to the poor marketing and unusual controller. Most people think the WiiU is an add on to the Wii and not a new system for example. 

The PSVita has all the power it could want but it was left behind in the dust of the DS/3Ds. All more power means is it's more expensive to make games on which is a reason why the Vita has struggled. I'm sure there are some games the WiiU couldn't handle from this gen however one reason why the WiiU lost it's third party support is because it's a nightmare to port to as it uses Nintendo's own hardware, obviously an oversight by the company but that's part the reason, if they could port PC games like the Xbox and PS4 could they'd have more and it's rumoured the NX will have this power. 

The main reason I love Nintendo is because their first party support is top notch while they're always fresh. I have a ps2, ps3, 360, PSP and various older consoles but I got sick of all the shit, boring, mediocre and repetitive games that came out and weren't worth the money. So much so I lost my love of gaming for a while in my teenage years but my love of Nintendo pulled me back and I've never been happier being Nintendo exclusive. 

Among this huge para I couldn't stand the word "repetitive" honestly whenever you think of Nintendo the first thing jumps up to your mind is boring repetitive games same old Pokemon, Zelda and Mario and blah blah. Where in this world Fallout, GTA, MLB, Watch Dogs, Dark Souls, Battlefield and loads more are repetitive atleast their stories even makes sense. Whenever you compare two things and someone puts up a point referring to the basketball one I don't think it sounds daft. Nintendo aren't innovative anymore sadly due to it's stupid fan base who doesn't embrace a change that's it. I owe my childhood to Nintendo but they have all lost now, sad but true and no consoles and PC games are as repetitive as Nintendo titles actually quite the opposite they are quite innovative nowadays.

I have definitely admitted the fact that they are inspiring but honestly they aren't innovative anymore.

The only Nintendo titles you can call repetitive is the Super Mario Bros 2d platformers and Pokemon which at the end of the day is a kids RPG. Platformers are always going to be repetitive gimmicks aside. Every Zelda is unique and different (Majora's Mask for example) while look at the effect and uniqueness of a game like Mario Galaxy 1+2 or even Wii Sports which made the Wii as big as it was. 

Not innovative? Have you seen Splatoon? A completely fresh take on shooting games. Granted it hasn't been implemented as well as it should have but the WiiU control is as innovative as you can get, hell every Nintendo controller has been innovative and ahead of it's time, they invented the d-pad after all. 

Compared to the master race and X box and PlayStation they are not as innovative as they should be look at Watch Dogs, Fifa, GTA V, Sleeping Dogs, Mafia II, LA Noire, Battlefield 4, Fallout New Vegas, Syndicate, Call of the Duty Ghosts, Max Payne 3, Dark Souls (probably the father of all rpgs)Skyrim, Oblivion and more they are all innovative and unique talking about Zelda huh, Skyrim can't be completed by a mortal because the game is limitless, Watch Dogs and it's innovative one in a genre display and so much more I don't see any validity to this argument though but honestly Nintendo are lacking behind if you really start thinking out of the box.

Nowadays looking at the competition in the market I would definitely say it again that Nintendo has failed to.live upto it's expectations and impress the majority don't take it otherwise because it's just the truth. Crysis 3 barely looked unreal as if it was you who was in there, Formula 1 has all the real physics mechanism like how the weight of the car and fuel filled up and traction, affects your end results. 

First party wise Nintendo has lived up to expectations and normally knocks it out the park. You want to talk about massive open world and/or RPGs? What about Xenoblade which was one of the best of last gen on the Wii and the sequel is releasing soon. We don't know much about ZeldaU as yet but that's rumoured to also be a massive open world experience, the map shown is massive for example. 

Some examples you gave are on Nintendo systems, the difference is they are made by loads of different companies who can focus on one game at a time, Nintendo make countless first party games a year for two consoles. What they release innovative and are unique, take Mario vs Sonic, Nintendo smash out quality Mario games consistently while Sega can't manage anything half decent with Sonic, platformers are as much of an art as epic open world RPGs. Tbh if I didn't have a 360 the only games I'd be bothered about missing are Red Dead and the Arkham series (two on WiiU though, not first or fourth, but that's not on 360 either). 

Anyway I think we'll agree to disagree :) 

I think comparing Wii with PS4 and xBox is.stupud anyway its different gaming completely tbh

You cant beat a family get together and a bit of wii sports!

yeah ps4 and wiiu are from different generations.