Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Off Topic Nintendo

Ashez

12 hours ago, Ashez said:

Same situation almost happened with me as my missus wanted to buy 1-2 Switch but I wouldn't let her lol. I'll get it for £5 in five years time and have my half hour with it haha. My choice of a second game was Bomberman, 1-2 Switch or Has Been Heroes and I went for HBH's. Played it for 25 odd hours and really enjoyed it so I think I made the right decision. Bomberman & Street Fighter are two games I do really want, just not at £40 as I know I won't play them enough to justify that, second I see them for £20-25 I'm all over them haha. If my backlog wasn't so bad I'd likely have bought them by now in fairness but during my self enforced Switch game drought I'm clearing out the backlog :). 

@Real_Random - Amazon emailed me today and Issac's been delayed until September :(. Same situation in Oz? Really gutting as it was the ideal July game for me which would have held me over until Rabbids :@. 

My girlfriend really wanted 1-2 switch So she bought it herself :D Fine by me... 

After years of being a Nintendo hater (ever since the PSP came out really) I caved and bought into Nintendo again. Haven't regretted it yet since Zelda (the first one I ever played) is about the best game I've ever played.

But what's that with Fifa? It's not going to be a full version...?

I can't wait for Splatoon 2. FPS are my favourite genre of games but unfortunately Nintendo don't make many big FPS. 

@Jens Zelda: BOTW is the first Zelda game I've ever played too. I have to say it's a fantastic game, I wasn't going to buy it either but when I bought my Switch there was 1 copy of Zelda left so I got it as well, and I haven't regretted it. 

1 hour ago, Jens said:

My girlfriend really wanted 1-2 switch So she bought it herself :D Fine by me... 

After years of being a Nintendo hater (ever since the PSP came out really) I caved and bought into Nintendo again. Haven't regretted it yet since Zelda (the first one I ever played) is about the best game I've ever played.

But what's that with Fifa? It's not going to be a full version...?

Owning a bad game means you have play a bad game :P

Zelda is a very special, I appreciate the flaws it does have but if you play the game "in the right way" it's one of the best experiences you can have. It's one of those games that you wish you could experience for the first time over and over again. 

Fifa - 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-06-11-fifa-18-on-nintendo-switch-is-the-best-portable-fifa-ever

Pretty much doesn't have the Frostbite engine so no journey mode and lesser graphics. Frostbite could have ran on the Switch apparently but seems they've dived into this being more a portable game. From the previews I've seen it still seems a decent version of FIFA but with better versions out there I worry how it'll perform once released. 

I tested it when it was in our news room and we thought it was okay, albeit expensive. 

And what is 'the right way' to play Zelda, I wonder?

I'm just happy Nintendo are finally getting ultimate team. I personally can't wait for a full portable ultimate team. I didn't buy 1-2 Switch as it looks like a watered down version of Nintendo Land. 

16 minutes ago, Jens said:

I tested it when it was in our news room and we thought it was okay, albeit expensive. 

The right way to play Zelda is imo without walkthroughs and just learning how to play as you go along and not having a set objective but to just enjoy the fantastic experience.

2 hours ago, Jens said:

I think if you rush to the story you miss so much of the game. Just explore and see where the game takes you and allow yourself to be distracted. I personally explored the entire map before starting the story, I then did the dungeons followed by doing all the shrines I'd missed, only then did I head to Ganon. The story does take a back seat and is kinda disappointing yet to me the game is all about messing about and exploring and just doing what you want. I spent so many hours just wondering around and seeing what I could do. If you just treat the game like a typical story driven game I'm sure it's pretty disappointing tbh. 

FIFA Switch looks serviceable and everything I've read about it seems positive, my only worry is it's not going to have the pulling power a full blown FIFA would have. If it was identical to the PS/XB versions it would be more of a system seller IMO. If you have access to both sides of the console market why'd you pick up the Switch version unless the portable play is the selling factor. FIFA is massive business in the UK especially and Nintendo don't do the best here compared to the other two and a lesser FIFA won't help that image. I'm more likely to get FIFA for my brothers XB1 than I am on Switch tbh as the portability factor isn't important to me. FIFA is just a couch multiplayer game for me and I'd rather have the best version of that experience on the TV which unfortunately doesn't appear to be the Switch version. For anyone wanting portable FIFA however this is pretty massive and having UT is somewhat of a game changer I suppose. The only games I've play on other systems are FIFA, Red Dead and the Arkham Games (Before WiiU releases but Knight never came to WiiU), if those series could be the same on Nintendo systems in the future I'd have no interest in the other systems tbh. I'd be beyond gutted if whatever the next Batman game is isn't on Switch tbh. 

1 hour ago, JustinLFC said:

Does anyone have a Switch? sorry im new here so just finding my way round :laugh:

We have small community of Switch owners here haha. 

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

I think if you rush to the story you miss so much of the game. Just explore and see where the game takes you and allow yourself to be distracted. I personally explored the entire map before starting the story, I then did the dungeons followed by doing all the shrines I'd missed, only then did I head to Ganon. The story does take a back seat and is kinda disappointing yet to me the game is all about messing about and exploring and just doing what you want. I spent so many hours just wondering around and seeing what I could do. If you just treat the game like a typical story driven game I'm sure it's pretty disappointing tbh. 

FIFA Switch looks serviceable and everything I've read about it seems positive, my only worry is it's not going to have the pulling power a full blown FIFA would have. If it was identical to the PS/XB versions it would be more of a system seller IMO. If you have access to both sides of the console market why'd you pick up the Switch version unless the portable play is the selling factor. FIFA is massive business in the UK especially and Nintendo don't do the best here compared to the other two and a lesser FIFA won't help that image. I'm more likely to get FIFA for my brothers XB1 than I am on Switch tbh as the portability factor isn't important to me. FIFA is just a couch multiplayer game for me and I'd rather have the best version of that experience on the TV which unfortunately doesn't appear to be the Switch version. For anyone wanting portable FIFA however this is pretty massive and having UT is somewhat of a game changer I suppose. The only games I've play on other systems are FIFA, Red Dead and the Arkham Games (Before WiiU releases but Knight never came to WiiU), if those series could be the same on Nintendo systems in the future I'd have no interest in the other systems tbh. I'd be beyond gutted if whatever the next Batman game is isn't on Switch tbh. 

We have small community of Switch owners here haha. 

I've always been drawn to portable games. It's one of the main reasons I bought a switch: Mario Kart and Fifa, while using only one console (and splitting the controllers). A portable game like Zelda has always been my dream and it's finally come true. I only play Fifa for UT and for online games, so I get what I want, while being able to play on the go, with a friend or on the train etc. Or, what also happens nowadays, I take my switch to work and during the lunch break a couple of us sit together and fight it out :) 

1 hour ago, Jens said:

I've always been drawn to portable games. It's one of the main reasons I bought a switch: Mario Kart and Fifa, while using only one console (and splitting the controllers). A portable game like Zelda has always been my dream and it's finally come true. I only play Fifa for UT and for online games, so I get what I want, while being able to play on the go, with a friend or on the train etc. Or, what also happens nowadays, I take my switch to work and during the lunch break a couple of us sit together and fight it out :) 

I do agree, there is a reason why I honestly believe the 3DS is the best system of all time. I've spent thousands of hours playing it as the 3DS' library is solid and you also have the eshop and DS library to also play. I've always liked the handheld consoles more than the home consoles and it's one reason why the Switch really excited me. If the Switch library gets the support it deserves it's going to be amazing and a game changer. As a system I bloody love the Switch as it's so clean and easy to use and I really hope it reaches the levels it should do, early sales reports are promising but Nintendo needs a strong holiday this year which it should get, especially with Mario releasing. I just think a solid FIFA release matching the XB/S versions would have been a massive boost for the system, instead it'll be seen as the gimped version which can be played portably, instead of being able to play "proper" FIFA while also on the go etc. 

My view is impacted by my playing habits though for sure as I never play FIFA single player or online, anytime I start to do it I turn it off and play FMM instead lol. FMM is my single player football experience, FIFA is my messing around with my brothers game haha. 

17 hours ago, Ashez said:

I do agree, there is a reason why I honestly believe the 3DS is the best system of all time. I've spent thousands of hours playing it as the 3DS' library is solid and you also have the eshop and DS library to also play. I've always liked the handheld consoles more than the home consoles and it's one reason why the Switch really excited me. If the Switch library gets the support it deserves it's going to be amazing and a game changer. As a system I bloody love the Switch as it's so clean and easy to use and I really hope it reaches the levels it should do, early sales reports are promising but Nintendo needs a strong holiday this year which it should get, especially with Mario releasing. I just think a solid FIFA release matching the XB/S versions would have been a massive boost for the system, instead it'll be seen as the gimped version which can be played portably, instead of being able to play "proper" FIFA while also on the go etc. 

My view is impacted by my playing habits though for sure as I never play FIFA single player or online, anytime I start to do it I turn it off and play FMM instead lol. FMM is my single player football experience, FIFA is my messing around with my brothers game haha. 

I agree Fifa would be a seller, but I expect it will do good nonetheless. What are you thinking about the Dragonball Xenoverse 2 game?

2 hours ago, Jens said:

I agree Fifa would be a seller, but I expect it will do good nonetheless. What are you thinking about the Dragonball Xenoverse 2 game?

Hopefully it does do well :). 

Had to look that up as I wasn't sure which was the one causing all the petitions after E3, from what I've gathered that's FighterZ and Xenoverse is already coming to the Switch in September? 

Anyway I don't think much about it tbh as I've not played a DB game in years and I remember hardly anything of the show. I tried to rewatch it a year or two back but I couldn't get back into it unfortunately. Although DB games do always look good so maybe having one on a console and not on the 3DS might tempt me more than they did previously. In truth the game wasn't on my radar at all so thanks for pointing it out, it's one I will look into more now for sure. Does this series have a single player campaign and if so is it decent? For some reason I think it does. If the September release date I've just seen is true it's not something I'd get at release as my September is looking packed ATM (Rabbids, Metroid 2 remake, Issac and SNES Classic :o). 

I'm still unsure if I'll be buying Xenoverse 2. I played the first one on the PS4 and got the platinum trophy for unlocking every trophy. (I grinded weeks to unlock everything) The story was fun and I'll definitely watch cutscenes on YouTube to see what happens if I don't buy it myself.

Anyone pick up the BOTW DLC? It looks way better than I expected tbh! I watched some footage of the trail and it looks ace, I also watched someone beat a gold lynel with just a rock, it was pretty amazing lol. I was expecting to wait for the story DLC to drop but I think I want this now, I need an excuse to jump back into Hyrule! This and Ever Oasis are at the top my list ATM. Damn holidays stealing all my spare cash :P

Really craving a new Switch game ATM or something new to play at least, I'm even stalling on MK8D to make it last longer but that'll be finished off soon (2 cups left on Mirror mode). However I'm still chipping away at Metroid Prime 2 and I'm not allowing myself to buy something new until that's finished off. It's not a bad game but I can see why people hate it, it really is a chore at times and nowhere near as good as the first IMO. I'm around half way through at a guess so that should keep me occupied before I go away, I just want to be playing the Switch lol. Hopefully i'll finish this soon and swing it that Ever Oasis can be my holiday game, if that works out I'll get the Zelda DLC on my return home. 

@Real_Random - You seem really into Arms ATM! Take it you're enjoying it? Yes I'm nosey and I look at people's play times to see if there's anything new to ask about :P 

Nice job with MK8D, Yeah, I have been playing plenty of Arms because it and Mario Kart are the inky games I haven't finished. I'm still undecided about the DLC because while it looks great I don't know how the new Amiibo fit in and I don't want buy the DLC if I then need to go buy four Amiibo.

1 hour ago, Real_Random said:

Nice job with MK8D, Yeah, I have been playing plenty of Arms because it and Mario Kart are the inky games I haven't finished. I'm still undecided about the DLC because while it looks great I don't know how the new Amiibo fit in and I don't want buy the DLC if I then need to go buy four Amiibo.

What's Arm's single player like? Or you mainly playing online? I bet the online is pretty brutal already, that was one issue I had with Splatoon tbh. I stopped playing for a while and when I picked it back up I was constantly being battered lol. Which controls did you end up settling on?

I assume you mean the champion amiibo? They won't be tied to the DLC at all IMO. All the others only add clothes/weapons/food outside of Wolf link and whichever adds Epona I believe. No chance Nintendo would charge for DLC and then lock it behind amiibo as well IMO and it's also not something they've done before, the closest you could say would be the Splatoon challenges but they were Amiibo exclusive and not DLC. 

Imo the story DLC will be what it is and the new amiibo will just add weapons/clothes/items from those cultures. It is an interesting thought though and something I hadn't considered, I don't think it's anything worth worrying about though. 

@Ashez Isaac has been delayed yet again in Australia, how is it looking over there. Sonic forces also has a release date in Australia. All these dates keep getting pushed back. It is getting very frustrating. Hopefully these games and others are worth it.IMG_2121.thumb.PNG.32af2754f95a1940d4db8af07837c8a0.PNGIMG_2122.thumb.PNG.08356e01fd948bc874594c84de818395.PNG

Issac is September 7th as well currently, i wonder what's with this delay outside of America? I assume it's the extras added like the manual, rating issues or something like that, I really don't know. 

Sonic Forces - Either not listed or no release date on sites I use. As for if it'll be good everything I've heard about forces suggests it's bad already. 

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/feature/44943

Tbh I'm not a fan of Sonic as I've never played a good Sonic game. I enjoyed Adventure 2 as a kid but outside the first level I couldn't care about it tbh. 2D Sonic aalso just appears really boring just running forward, just never seen the appeal lol. I do have Colours in my backlog though which is one I want to try. 

-

Been meaning to ask what everyone thought of the Splatoon 2 Direct? I thought it did a good job of showcasing it tbh and the new weapons seem really creative! Gunna miss the demo/Splatfest though but team ice cream will win ;) 

Update on what I've been playing recently.

I've finished Metroid Prime 2 and I have really mixed feelings about it tbh. I hated the start and almost stopped playing it a few times in truth, It's just frustrating and annoying due to the concepts at play. Granted it creates a good atmosphere but at the cost of gameplay IMO and it really drags, however the third temple is awesome and I really enjoyed the game at this point. Unfortunately though that's followed by an awful and massive fetch quest so I just used a guide to fly through it. Personal I think Prime 1 is a much better game, I played the second as I wanted more but it left me feeling disappointed. I'll never play Prime 2 again but the first I can see myself revisiting. I needed a break from the Prime series for now so I haven't started Prime 3 yet but I will in the coming months as I think I'll like that one more. Prime 1 is a must play though IMO 

After finishing Prime 2 I wanted something short to play due to holiday so I've started Metroid Zero Mission. I played Super Metroid and Metroid Fussion for the first time earlier in the year and I loved them (hence moving on to the Prime series) and Zero Mission was recently on sale via MyNintendo so I picked it up. Only a few hours in but I'll finish it before Thursday hopefully so I might have impression by then. I dunno how or why I missed Metroid as a kid but it's a series I'm glad I've got into this year, it really is a great mix of Mario and Zelda. 

Switch wise I've dabbled with Mario Kart but that's about it. I've managed to finish off Mirror Mode and done the first three of 200 CC, i haven't played it since though. 200 CC is pure carnage and the corners are so hard but it's good fun, although the steering assist is always temping you but I've avoided it so far lol. 

Order Ever Oasis today so I'll have that tomorrow, not sure if I'll start it before I go away but I'll have thoughts on it once I'm back. Heard some really good things so really looking forward to jumping into it :). 

Iwata died two years ago now, anyone else find that staggering to believe? I remember hearing the news like it was yesterday. Such a wonderful man who did so much for Nintendo, I wonder what would have been different now if he hadn't passed away. I really miss his Nintendo Directs too! 

I actually am a big sonic fan and loved Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Heroes and have played quite a few of the games. I also just placed my preorders on Splatoon and Mario+ Rabbids.

3 hours ago, Real_Random said:

I actually am a big sonic fan and loved Sonic Adventure DX and Sonic Heroes and have played quite a few of the games. I also just placed my preorders on Splatoon and Mario+ Rabbids.

Being a Sonic fan must suck :(. Tbh I know the ones I've played are seen as the bad ones so maybe colours will change my opinion as that's meant to be decent. I tried that fan game which turned indi based on Sonic, Erm Freedom Planet I believe? I really didn't enjoy that at all. At least Sonic Mania looks and sounds good though for anyone interested in it's gameplay. I think I'll skip both tbh, Forces interested me at first but if it's bad why bother haha. 

I'm not preordering Splatoon as I'm away at release so it feels kinda pointless, I might pick it up on my return home though. I will be ordering Rabbid's but I haven't as yet, I'm currently waiting for the Nintendo Uk store to open their preorders to see what the pre order bonus and their price is. The only time I preorder really early are typically for special additions or if I think it'll be rare/hard to find after release tbh, or if something seems like a deal lol. Like I preordered Mario as Nintendo put it up for £50 while everyone else had it at £60 so I grabbed that order then everyone else dropped their price to match it, I get a cool Mario Cappy hat too :P

On 3/3/2017 at 11:21, Ashez said:

Just picked up my Switch and Zelda SE, anyone else getting it?

I got a Switch a week after release with Breath of the Wild. I also own Kamiko (it was 5€ only on the e-shop), MK8D and Snipperclips. I will, most likely, buy Skyrim (already played it extensively on the PS3 but it's been years since that), Mario Odissey (day one).

Other games that interest me:

• Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle (will have to watch more videos of this one but I will probably skip it unless I see a price cut)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (will have to watch more videos, but I do like long rpg games)
  • Monster Hunter XX (same as above)
  • Rime (looks  interesting)
  • Shantae Half Genie (will probably buy this one to get the old platform vibe)
  • Binding of Isaac Rebirth+ (never played a rogue like and this one has good reviews)

Regarding BotW, best game I've ever played. I'm taking my time. I have 100+ hours and I'm still missing one beast (the camel). I have the majority of clothes, three stamina wheels, full top row of hearts, master sword (and I got the DLC so I need to do the master trials as well). I've been exploring extensively everywhere I go and love every minute of it. Specially now that I got a 4/4/5 horse. Most of my time playing is Zelda. Buying a new game will depend on me finishing BotW. I will only face Ganon when I complete the Master Trial, get all the beasts, all memories (3 missing) and all the shrines. Only then I will venture into the castle. If, when I finish it, Mario Odissey isn't around the corner I'll have to check what's in store then (I also prefer physical copies).

Grave :D, how you been mate! Long time no see! 

Zelda is beyond words, reading that makes me want to play it all over again! It's one of those games i wish i could experience for the first time again and again as it blew me away. I took a similar approach as i didn't start the dungeons or story until i had the shrines and memories, i think that's the way to play it. 

Kamiko - On my watch list, i wanna play it but my backlog is a tad long atm for small indi games. Price is right and so is the length so i'll buy it one weekend when i feel like playing it lol. 

Snipperclips - I wanted it but no one i could play it with liked the demo so i skipped it. 

Skyrim - Never played it but i might try it if it gets cheap at some point. 

Mario + Rabbids - Typically i'd wait for a price cut too but it looks great and might be my first game since MK8D so i'm happy to pay a little more. It interests me more than Arms and Splatoon anyway. 

Xenoblade - I played some of the first one but i dropped it and can't remember why, it's one i've always intended to go back to. I also have the WiiU one still sealed :/. Zelda is made on the Xenoblade engine so it could really appeal to you but i'm not experienced enough to have an opinion. 

Monster Hunter - Should be a series i love but i just can't get into it, i've tried a few of the games and it's just never clicked for me. 

Rime - Undecided on it tbh, it's one i need to research more. 

Shantae - I played the last Shantae game and it was pretty fun tbh, some of the back tracking sucked though. If you want a Switch platformer can i suggest Shovel Knight? Only reason i don't own the Shovel Knight collection is because i'm hoping for a Physical release. 

Issac - I suck at it but it's a lot of fun and perfect for the Switch imo. 

Physical for the win! One reason i'm holding off on these indi games is incase they get a physical release later down the line, like Shovel Knight would have been day on if physical for me. 

Hey.

Being a father of a little Mipha (Zelda is a whinny brat) and having a Switch kept me from playing FMM, but I'll be back for FMM18, as always.

Forgot about Shovel Knight. There are two games, right? Any version with both games? And will there be a physical release?

As for BotW I play it in a way that makes sense in real life. From the start you can't be prepared to face Ganon. You need to remember who you are first and finding shrines and knowing the reward makes you stronger makes sense to me. Although I didn't wait to do the beasts, I did them while travelling, not going straight to them from the boot. I go everywhere, climb everything (stamina was my main focus), tried a lot of horses until I found the one I have now... The best thing about the dlc, for me, is hero's path. Knowing where I haven't been is great.

Also, I am hoping for a Switch version of the Metroid Prime trilogy to play before 4 is out. And the virtual console as well so I can play some Wii games as well.

I know I might make myself unpopular here, but has anyone tried 'emulating' amiibo's using nfc tags?

I'd buy one, but I whole heartedly disagree with Nintendo's philosophy on these trinkets. They're too expensive for what they do, while it's very difficult to find the one you want/need for a certain reward.

The careers section would be ace with you back :D. 

Yeah i agree, I need to get the DLC still. Horses was one aspect of the game that never grew on me tbh as the controls were just annoying lol. Most the time I'd just climb somewhere high and glide everywhere, it's amazing how fun just climbing is! 

Shovel Knight has two versions on Switch, one is a single DLC type campaign which I forget the name of. The other is called Tressure Trove I believe (it's around £25). This version is the original game plus all the DLC which is two or three more campaigns (new characters with different play styles) and I believe more are coming IIRC. The more expensive one is like the series while the cheap one is just the newest campaign (but it's included in the collection set.)

No news on a physical release on the Switch but it was released physically on everything last gen (I have it on 3DS (physically and digitally) which is why I'm not double dipping for digital on Switch as the DLC stuff is free so I have it already on 3DS etc). I'd support a physical Switch release though for sure. 

All Metroid games have been on sale recently apart from the Prime Trilogy I believe which makes me think a HD collection could be in the works, especially if Prime 4 is some way off. No facts or even rumours to support that though. 

5 minutes ago, Jens said:

I know I might make myself unpopular here, but has anyone tried 'emulating' amiibo's using nfc tags?

I'd buy one, but I whole heartedly disagree with Nintendo's philosophy on these trinkets. They're too expensive for what they do, while it's very difficult to find the one you want/need for a certain reward.

It can be done, I know there is some device which has all the "codes" on them or something (seen it on amazon). It's not something I've looked into but all it is is a tag inside the base so if you have the right code it should function like an Amiibo. 

Tbh I like Amiibo but Nintendo put themselves in a stupid position as if they use them as important content they piss people off, if they use them for fluff like they're mostly doing now they piss people off, they just can't win. My biggest disappointment is we haven't had a big game like Skylanders or something to really make use of them. Outside of Smash which is iffy support at best Amiibo have largely been costume related which is kinda meh.  

1 minute ago, Ashez said:

It can be done, I know there is some device which has all the "codes" on them or something (seen it on amazon). It's not something I've looked into but all it is is a tag inside the base so if you have the right code it should function like an Amiibo. 

Tbh I like Amiibo but Nintendo put themselves in a stupid position as if they use them as important content they piss people off, if they use them for fluff like they're mostly doing now they piss people off, they just can't win. My biggest disappointment is we haven't had a big game like Skylanders or something to really make use of them. Outside of Smash which is iffy support at best Amiibo have largely been costume related which is kinda meh.  

I've found a way to do it for some 12 pounds with 10 nfc stickers (that means ten potential amiibo's since you can't overwrite them). Very tempted to try it out. 

My big issue is they're a bit overpriced. I'd like it better if they sold the codes like DLC. It's essentially what they're doing anyway, so why not? Make it 5 bucks a code and I'll bite.

That's your call lol. 10 for the price of 1 is a compelling arguement if you don't care for the plastic. Functionality wise Zelda and Splatoon series likely the best, like one Zelda one gives Epona and Wolf link gives you a wolf ally in BOTW which can be trained in Twilight Princess from WiiU, that's pretty cool. Saving set ups and stuff to Amiibo feels pointless now though with the console being just as portable. 

£15 is way OTT which is what Game sell them for here, I wouldn't touch them at that price. Nintendo sell them for £10 from their store I believe, for the quality and some functionality I don't think £10 is too bad but closer to £7 is usually when I bite if I do (they go on sale on Amazon fairly often). 

I think the figures are of a decent quality and they have improved, especially compared to Skylanders. I got the Donkey Kong Amiibo cross Skylander cheap ages ago and that's a glorified happy meal toy! It's awful. I really like some and I'm not fussed on others but I love the Fire Emblem, and yarn sets the most I think. I wanted some of the 30th anvo and BOTW Zelda ones but I've never seen them available :(. The archer link and horse riding one's are bad ass! 

One massive issue is they blew their load too early launching with Smash and having every series represented so early, I generally couldn't care about duplicates (only Zelda ones tempted me). 

Anyone played Cave Story+? Never played it but always been interested just unsure. Can "import" the physical version for £26-29 quid depending on retailer and very tempted. Got an urge to buy a Switch game as I'm tired of the ones I have yet Splatoon and Arms just aren't tempting me ATM. Might just wait for Rabbid's at the end of the month but Cave Story is appealing just rather expensive. 

What's everyone been playing?

I'm 15 hours into Ever Oasis ATM, it's a really fun game yet not as good as I'd hoped it would be. When I play it I'm enjoying myself but I expected to like it more than I do, I've been addicted to similar games in the past. You can feel the Zelda influence for sure though in the dungeons but they're pretty simple so far. 

I have been playing Splatoon and Arms to tie me over until Kingdom Batlle. Haven't finished Splatoon yet but I have beaten the Arms campaign with every character. I'm finding Splatoon 2 very hard to start because the game matches you up with people triple your level and on Splatoon IIRC they stared off by having you fight people around your level.

@Ashez are you getting Kingdom Battle, I am getting the standard edition and am looking forward to it. Also have you seen the amount out of games being released in September, it seems like a great time to own a Switch.

I was in Game yesterday and I was very close to getting Splatoon. It's a game I want but it's a game I know I won't play much, yet I might do as I have nothing else ATM. I just hardly played Splatoon. I have no interest in Arms above £20 tbh :P. Been messing on eBay trying to get Bomberman, Street Fighter, Arms or Lego undercover for £20 but all going above that currently haha. I'll get them at some point!

Tbh that's one reason I'm worried about getting Splatoon as I'll be shit and I bet there's some difficulty curve with the online by this point. Gutted there is no spit screen multiplayer, if there was I'd have got it. 

Yeah I'm getting Kingdom battle, I'm really excited for it! I haven't preordered it yet as it's oddly not up on Nintendo's UK store yet (wanna see the pre order bonus :p). I'll place a pre order somewhere before release though for sure. 

Yeah my September is stacked! Rabbid's, SNES mini, Isaac and Metroid I know I'm getting (plus a handful of DVD box sets :@). Anything I'm over looking?