Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Can You Win With Reserves **Challenge**

Cockers2505

This is something different, apologies if it has been done before but here goes.

Fed up with winning everything, same tactics different teams to the eventual top team who has everything, well this is a challenge to see who does have good managerial skills, which Tatics are the best, and simply something different than the Norm!!

here are the rules (what's the point if you don't have rules):

1. You can't play any first team players

2. You must sell all first team players

3. You can only recruit (offer contracts to Reserve Players) 

4. **NO BUYING ANYBODY**

5. No Loan Players

6. Must start lower league (At least 2nd Div or equivalent depending on country)

So basically you start by selling everyone or demoting them into reserves, then offer contracts and promote the reserves. Yes they are 16/17 years old but that is where the challenge begins as you have to choose the right players from the little stats they offer.

You will be surprised how many stats change once you offer them contracts, some improve and others become even worse, but again that's the challenge.

I started this with Newport in English second division, the first season I finished in the play offs loosing first time round, second season actually won the league.

I then accepted a job offer from Shef Utd which I took as it was beginning of the season so I could get rid of the First Team Players, down side was all the reserves are 16/17 year old again, where with Newport they were beginning to be Seniors and getting reasonable stats and good players.

So I am now with Shef Utd and I have won 8, drawn 2 and lost 4 all with 16/17 year old.

DO's 

1. Ignore Coaches on Players Ability

2. Try and improve training facilities when you can

3. Compliment player (Mainly Man of match if yours)

4. Try and pick players with high Stamina & Technique

5. Don't take a new job unless transfers are happening ( so you can sell, not buy)

6. Only pick reserves

7. Offer contracts to reserves before demoting the first team players , as it will reduce the number of choices for Reserves you can offer contracts to.

DONT's

1. Buy anybody

2. No loans

3. Recruit as many with decent stats (They change once you offer contracts anyway)

4. Choose a Lower Team (To make it more of a challenge to start)

Thats it, don't do it if you don't want to, but enjoy if you do, as I said I don't know if it's been challenged before, if so then try again!!

Accept any questions about Tactics or Formations, but I'm sure you have your choices.

ITs6wZz.png

Edited by Cockers2505

Actually I was thinking of a challenge of this type.
But with less restrictions and keeping the same club to put it on top of the world.
Basically, my aim will be to get rid of all the first team players and replace them with all my reserve.

Question : How can't you be fired when selling all the players (or releasing them) ?