Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Test - Arsene Wenger's 41131 Tactic

HashtagTatica

Arsene Wenger's 41131 - Test

What's up guys Jeffrey here and today I'm bringing you guys the Arsene's Tactic test, so, I used the team sheet that Wenger used against Manchester United as a basis and created this.

JBjQfTa.png

As you can see we've got a standard defence and a CDM playing a DLM role, that is exactly the Coquelin role, where Cazorla plays a little bit of an advanced role deeper than Ozil the frog, The Ramsey role is IDK what tbh, but I've put him as a winger role. Alexis Sanchez as the Inside Foward is obvious and I've put Walcott as a Tqa.

Q83pjNz.pngTeam Instructions are like that, high pressing and short passing, which is arsene's game style.

So, I've played 1 season with the 41131 of Wenger without any transfers with Arsenal and let's see the results.

SydgsNH.png

MJ2tW9y.png

So, as you can see some great results here, with a 5-3 win against Man City and Chelsea in the first fixture between the two (which isn't shown due to technical problems), and some decent all round results.

Player Stats

rHvGe8P.png

5eN3lvA.png

Giroud and Ozil boss the Goals and Assists, deserves a TOTS on FIFA!

So, I think the results are very good and the Arsene's tactic works in FMH 2015! What do YOU think? Is there a better way to replicate Wenger's tactic? Tell me in the comments below!

Average positions show it is a clear lop sided 4321 with Walcott (14) running to the wings and Ozil (11) behind him.

7c0e8e38e7aecc7a4fa7e3fd9d656969.png

The reason that the whoscored heatmap showed this is because Ozil pushed a bit high (which he always does) as like a Second Striker (no role), and ramsey went off his role, Wenger needed him to play RW but he alway drove off position

The reason that the whoscored heatmap showed this is because Ozil pushed a bit high (which he always does) as like a Second Striker (no role), and ramsey went off his role, Wenger needed him to play RW but he alway drove off position

Then he wasn't really a RW. Formations can be lop sided. If you are basing it on one game you will get these changes. Given how deep he played on average - basically next to the holding midfielder, it is clear to see it was a 3 man midfield. He is nowhere near the wing, hence the wing back's average position being higher than the other side.

Then he wasn't really a RW. Formations can be lop sided. If you are basing it on one game you will get these changes. Given how deep he played on average - basically next to the holding midfielder, it is clear to see it was a 3 man midfield. He is nowhere near the wing, hence the wing back's average position being higher than the other side.

Noted for the next experiment.

Analysing a team's tactic in one game is easy. But to call it "Arsene Wenger's tactic" is misleading. You cannot really base a tactic a manager uses off one game. Players have bad games, scenarios mean roles changes, managers experiment for certain circumstances. If it is designed to be a read like my Playbooks then it is always best to disclose it is from that game only and may not work in game.

I would switch Walcott to an advanced forward, because of his direct runs, although to be fair his average position makes a trequartista quite realistic too.