Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Vibe 2015 Tribute

billy2shots

RqX0Fzs.jpg

Vibe has seen many outstanding careers this year and I thought it would be a nice idea to pay tribute to some of the stand out players that have featured on Vibe this season.

These players have captured our imagination and kept us logging back into Vibe to catch up with their latest exploits.

Quite often though careers take unplanned paths and players that started off in the background quickly come to the forefront.

Now to pay homage to a year’s worth of FMH15 careers would be too much for one man. With that in mind @leecutler has added his vast experience to do this justice.

In time honoured Vibe tradition we thought it would be fitting to do this as

47zROET.jpg

We began trawling through the Careers section to jog our memories. Rereading pages of finished challenges and adventures until we eventually came up with a short list of players to use.

From these players we paired them up with the person that best matched them taking into account their position, value and ability. Once paired we took it in turns of selecting the player from each pair that we would most like to use.

SO what were we left with and how will the scoring work?

We each have 3 attack minded players and 1 defensive midfielder.

The scoring is nice and simple (for the attacking players at least)

1 point for a goal

1 point for an assist

So how about the defensive player?

He will score points depending on his end of season Average Rating.

For every 0.1 over 8 he will get a point.

So an average rating of 8.07 will score 7 points whilst 8.39 will score 39 points. Got it? Good.

In addition

We will receive 10 points for a featured player becoming World Player of the Year

and 5 points for being runner up.

0 points for team performance or Trophies because this is a celebration of the players.

The person with the most combined points at the end of the season will win a ‘rubber’. No not an eraser, a rubber like they win in Davies cup tennis. Win 2 out of 3 rubbers (the best of 3) and they will become the overall winner and win a packet of cheesy puffs. That is of course unless Lee destroys me 2-0 in which case the small print states this will continue until I somehow take the lead (don’t tell him though)

With all that decided it was time to pick a club. For fairness we will both be using the same club however getting the combination of players we needed was harder than we thought.  So long story short we will be using

Nb49CYg.jpg

Before we reveal our players and why we chose them, we thought we would give you guy’s the opportunity to guess the stars of this H2H

ola54SK.jpg

Edited by billy2shots

Oh I'm excited :D 

Hmm I'll take a punt on Wanyama and Ayoze. Wanyama because I'm big head (:p) and Ayoze as he was used by Lee, UK and myself in popular careers. 

Oh I'm excited :D 

Hmm I'll take a punt on Wanyama and Ayoze. Wanyama because I'm big head (:p) and Ayoze as he was used by Lee, UK and myself in popular careers. 

Did you do any careers this year? I must have missed those. 

Who is this Wanyama you are speaking about, never heard of the bloke. 

Player 1 

Domenico Berardi.

This player was used by many Vibe members attempting different challenges. However as quickly as those careers began they fizzled out. There was one that stood up to the test of time and played out until its conclusion. A wonderful Triple Threat Challenge between UKFootballScore and leecutler. This challenge was my first insight into the concept of the TT.

Player 2

Malcolm

Who could forget the Around the World in 800 Goals by @BatiGoal staring this young Brazilian. A fantastic managerial performance which not only completed the challenge but smashed the 1k goal mark as well. So impressed with Malcom's performance I later tried him myself at Celtic. He bombed big time and I was gutted. Still not sure how to use him but at least I get a chance to redeem myself and him.

Player 3

Patrick Roberts

This lad first came to my attention when @Scott used him on his Fulham Champions of Europe career. Roberts quickly became his star man and Scott rung every last drop out of the kid. Roberts was also chosen from a short list by Vibe members for a Triple Threat/1k challenge I did.

*Roberts definitely didn't take the place of Talisca and is by no means being used to keep Ashez swolen head in check.

*Roberts also didn't end up with me due to Lee's difficulties in getting all his players on the same database. Honest!

Player 4

Kondogbia

OK guys, give me a little self indulgence. A while back I enjoyed completing a 1k with Martial and about 6 seasons in I managed to buy Paul Pogba. Even Pogba at his very best couldn't keep Kondogbia out of my team. Martial won the challenge but Kondogbia won my heart.

Edited by billy2shots

Berardi - Right career wrong player, I was certain Lee would go with Ayoze lol. 

Mal - I got :D

Roberts - I should have got, the connect to Billy and Scott saves make him an obvious inclusion thinking about it now. Poor Talisca :P

Kond - Doubt I would have come up with him tbh lol. 

A sold group though, Berardi is special to me while the others were involved in careers I loved this year. 

Right guys I'm so excited for this H2H, as most people will know I do love a good H2H and over the last 5-6 months I have really struggled to play the game but when Matt brought this to my attention I was instantly up for this so without further ado let's see my players that will win me this H2H.

ANTHONY MARTIAL

Screenshot_2015-10-15-20-07-06.thumb.png

I have never used this guy but Matt used this young prodigy in his 1KC, I'm really excited to use this player as he has all the markings to be a world class player

PIONE SISTO

Screenshot_2015-10-15-20-07-16.thumb.png

Not alot needs to be said about this gem,this has to be one of the most exciting players to use in this years addition,he truly is a amazing player and a fantastic find by Mr Ashez,He tore the Assist Challenge apart with this guy

VICTOR WANYAMA 

Screenshot_2015-10-15-20-07-21.thumb.png

So this is another one of Ashez's players,starting to think if there are any other careers rather than Ashez's, This guy is the creme De le creme I have used him a few times before and the word "Dominant" springs to mind.

AYOZE PEREZ 

Screenshot_2015-10-15-20-07-11.thumb.png

I have left the best till last when this young lad signed for my team I was so excited to use him on FMH and I used him on my H2H against UK and he done amazing things in that career,I'm sure Ash used him first as well,God dam it ash let someone else find these great players.

So that is my players that I chose this will be a close H2H But I haven't played in a while so Matt should have the uper hand......

Sorry for not linking anyone's careers I have slow mobile data and no WiFi. 

I've just reached Christmas and it's not pretty. 

I made good money on Falcao and may have got a bit excited in the transfer market. 

As predicted my Malcom can not hit a barn door. I have no idea how Bati got this guy scoring so well. 

Whoop whoop :D

Lee will win purely due to Wanyama, he is the real deal! I'll be gutted if/when he moves to Spurs as he'll cost a fortune! 

Just want to say Sisto certainly wasn't my find, Graveluth told me about him around day one, he was also iscouted early on, I wanted to use him after hearing all the good things lol. I am excited to see him on 2016 though, he's getting plenty of interest and hype IRL. 

Good luck lads :) 

I'm I few months in and I'm battering teams but winning by the odd goal and Martial is starting slow 

I'm in a very similar position, results are pretty good but my goal scoring record is the worst in the league. It must be an age thing as my goal getters are 17,17,19. I'm banking on a storming second half to the season. 

Thanks for following guys and remember, this is not the greatest career in the world, this is just a tribute....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_lK4cX5xGiQ

Edited by billy2shots

Season 1.

A decent first season for the team but I am not exaggerating when I say I had a nightmare with the featured players. First off Malcom, maybe it's his young age or maybe he has a random PA that can fluctuate hugely. All I know is I have used him twice now and I really don't know how to get him scoring regularly. 

Now as this is probably my last save of FMH15 I got a bit carried away in the transfer market. I signed old favourites and a few untried players that I hadn't got around to using. I broke my golden rule and changed too much too soon and too young. Like all good managers I shoulder the blame for below expectations. 

Team stats, not that it matters as this is a player based challenge. 

7nwMtSR.png

Ever had one of those days? Well this all happened on the same day!

ySciTsZ.png

Trkvcij.png

Lckvzj6.png

Both players miss the final 10 games of the season.

IaBvVbe.png

21 points (are you kidding me , I was banking on 50!)

SoUNVwR.png

38 points.  If  hear the words 'Malcom blazes over' one more time I swear my tablet will be meeting the wall. 

SVzL8Gk.png

77 points. With Malcom out injured the young Italian got to play down the middle for the last 10 games. He didn't disappoint and scored 9 in his last 3 games!

ZmeJyyz.png

Points 38. With an Average of 8.38 I don't know if its enough to challenge the mighty Wanyama but the big Dog didn't let me down.

Total 174

I was hoping for 190-200. I'm a sitting duck......

Help!!!!

My imgur must have updated and is now completely different. I can't find the bbcodes anywhere. 

Edited by FastFurious

I love some of the writing in this, quite hilarious XD

I wouldn't say it was a bad season though. They're all still young.

As for Imgur, do you use Mobile then? And Apple or Android?

I presume it's imgur mobile app on my android tablet. 

I clicked the icon and it's now completely different. The only sharing options are direct links to Facebook, email, etc etc. No link codes anywhere. The best I can do in the sharing drop down is copy to clipboard which is what I did. I tried adding %7Boption%7D but as you can see , no luck. 

Season 1

So i really struggled this season to find a killer combo with any sort of tactics,haven't not really played much of the game in the past 6 months I felt I was at a disadvantage but I was determined to do my best and win this H2H.

The tactic I used I have used since FMH2014 and has done me well, you will notice that I have changed devices on this save I decided to play on IOS as for some reason I prefer playing it on that, So here is my update for Season 1 

image.thumb.jpg.17e4c42b8a3a24cb711b4a85

So we won the league but only by a few points,we had Man City in our group stage of the UCL in which we topped the group but we then met us in the knock out stages and they knocked us out 2-0 was the combined score over the 2 legs.

So let's move onto the players as which cups we won is totally irrelevant and it is about the players,in all honesty I really don't know what all the hype about this Wanyama is about.

Wanyama

image.thumb.jpg.fa0845e7c1b4875f329c9e0a

What a joke! So the so called great player gets me 0 points as his average rating is below 8 technically I should lose 47 points 

Sisto

image.thumb.jpg.586d5b0e194d3cc573ac5e27

So Sisto has a good season racking up 34 Assists and contributed 9 goals to the team not amazing but still a good return so Sisto earns me 33 points.

Martial 

image.thumb.jpg.a91d7eaf7ff2e41f451e46a9

So Martial has a pretty disappointing season only racking up 31 goals but picks me up 43 points.

Perez 

image.thumb.jpg.083ce5a0806b679caf905691

So the young Perez bags 40 goals and 12 assists to bag 52 points, so my total points is 128 points now that is horrendous!! Way off the mark,it is safe to say I hate Wanyama.

But in all honesty having been out of the game and vibe for a while I really enjoyed this save and playing the game,thanks to Matt for the challenge of this H2H and roll on season 2......

Edited by leecutler

Good season Lee, your attacking players certainly beat mine hands down. Sisto and Ayoze really stood out  

Major shock on Wanyama, I presumed he would score you major points. 

Im not sure how, but that puts me 1 'rubber' up. Who would have thought it would be the defensive midfielder that swung it either way. 

@Uk Yeah I clearly didn't add them points up we'll 

@Billy Yeah Ayoze & Sisto where the 2 stand out players for me,I thought Martial would do better than Ayoze, Wanyama was a massive let down for me,everyone loves a beasty DM but they never really preform for me.

Edited by leecutler

To get the best out of your DM you need to...........

Actually on second thoughts I will wait until the H2H is over before giving advice lol. 

Im having a right nightmare in season 2. I presumed Malcom would suddenly start scoring from everywhere but he is still useless.  I thought I had this game worked out I have had a poacher score over 100 goals a season for two years in a row. This save has brought me down to earth with a bump . My Malcom will score for a game or 2 and then won't hit the net for 6 or 7 games. 

I suppose it sums up why we keep playing this game. The built in randomness. Roberts was devastating for me in a recent save, in this challenge he is pants even though I'm using him in exactly the same way. 

I even checked the credits to see what version of the game I'm playing as I genuinely thought it may have been patched in the last few weeks since I last played.