Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 The Rovers Return

liam1872

THE ROVERS RETURN

image.thumb.png.98c1e16333be5181096e61b3

Please excuse the Coronation Street reference in the title of this career:laugh:

I, liam1872, will be taking over as the new Blackburn Rovers manager in a career which will hopefully carry me through to FMM16.

Since winning the Premier League in the 1994-95 season, it hasn't all been plain sailing for Blackburn. Just 4 seasons later, they were relegated from the Premier League and despite being expected to return instantly, they didn't. 

However they did return after finishing second in what is now called the Championship in the 2000-2001 season.

A 10 year spell in the Premier League, which included a couple of 6th placed finishes, came to an end when Blackburn were relegated again in 2011-12.

As of yet, they have not returned to the Premier League. 

My aim is to do just that, and possibly more...

If you get Rhodes firing you should go up this year :) 

Should do, he's unreal when he's on form!

What formation you thinking

I usually start off at 4-2-3-1 then tweak it as the season goes on to see what suits best!

THE ROVERS RETURN

SEASON 1

Season Expectation: Reach The Play-Offs

Transfer Budget: £4,300,000

Wage Budget: £393,000

Current Wage Total: £331,000

TRANSFERS

OUT

64cqIyF.jpg

The only outgoing at the club during this season was the temporary departure of Connor Mahoney who would spend the season on loan at Dagenham & Redbridge in League 2. The 18 year old AM/F RLC would go on to play 38 times in a very successful loan spell which would see him hit the net 26 times as well as picking up 7 assists along the way. After seeing how well he had played while out on loan I decided to tie him up to a longer contract to at least 2018.

IN

R2EiUvU.jpg

There were 3 incomings this season, all of which played in midfield. The first signing I made was bringing in Ravel Morrison for FREE on a 4-year-deal, bargain. The second signing of the career was the signing of Iraqi DMC Yaser Kasim for £1.9M. His season didn't go as well as I had hoped as he picked up a number of injuries and his stats took a hit because of this. The third and final signing was the arrival of Fernando Forestieri from Sheffield Wednesday for £2M in the January transfer window.

NEW SIGNINGS PROFILES

RAVEL MORRISON

Sdo3cPu.jpg

YASER KASIM

18u5TSf.jpg

FERNANDO FORESTIERI

HtHRfav.jpg

COMPETITIONS

Football League Championship

LEAGUE TABLE

WwCImfF.jpg

The board expected us to at least reach the play-offs and we exceeded their expectations to gain automatic promotion to the Premier League after a fending off attacks from Fulham to try to steal our automatic promotion place. Fulham ended up finishing 3 points behind us while Watford were just 1 point ahead in a season which could very well have seen us win the Championship title. However, it wasn't to be but the main aim was to be promoted as soon as possible and we have managed that in the first season. Fulham went on to lose in the play-off final to Wigan who be joining ourselves and Watford in the Premier League next season.

We actually finished the season without losing a single game at home, winning 18 and drawing 5.

PLAYER STATS

TOP GOALSCORERS

3AlGc5y.jpg

A successful campaign in which we notched up a total of 85 goals meant both of our strikers would be in the top 3 of the top goalscorers list at the end of the season. Jordan Rhodes topped the list with 27 while Rudy Gestede was 3rd with 24 goals. Our two talisman were split by title-winning Watford's main striker Odion Ighalo.

TOP ASSISTS

dFhR2HF.jpg

After Joshua King picked up an injury in the first game of the season his replacement, Craig Conway, managed to keep him out of the side for pretty much the rest of the season and finished top of the assist chart with an impressive 25 assists. Our other winger, Ben Marshall, also got in the top assists chart with 18 assists in total seeing him finish second.

FA Cup

M6Ao34p.jpg

After seeing that we had been drawn against Manchester City in the 3rd round, I knew this wouldn't be our year in the FA Cup and despite going 3-0 down early on we stood firm and managed to keep the score line down as well as grab a goal ourselves. In the end we could maybe have gotten another goal but we couldn't complain too much about being knocked out to Manchester City.

Capital One Cup

YhY2b6M.jpg

The Capital One Cup saw us paired up with the other half of Manchester, Manchester United. This time a round earlier in the 2nd round, however the performance was genuinely woeful and we didn't even manage to get a shot on goal in the entire game. A 2-0 defeat made the result look respectable in what could've been a very different outcome, and a very embarrassing one at that.

SEASON PREVIEW - 2015/16

The Rovers have returned.

At the earliest possible chance we have gotten promotion and will be playing our trade in the Barclays Premier League for the 2015/16 season. The board have given us a generous budget in order to meet their expectation to stay clear of relegation and maybe even more. With the right additions, avoiding relegation is a possibility and hopefully we can do just that and begin to build towards returning to the top of that table!

As always, thank you all for reading and I will see you all soon:D

Update #1 was definitely worth the wait!! Well done mate keep up the good work :) you'll avoid relegation easily if your strikers are firing on all cylinders again lol

Update #1 was definitely worth the wait!! Well done mate keep up the good work :) you'll avoid relegation easily if your strikers are firing on all cylinders again lol

Cheers mate, yeah hopefully they'll be on form again:D 

Good season mate harsh getting beat by both Manchester clubs, nice layout tho mate 

Couldn't have been a much tougher draw in both cups:unamused: and thanks mate!

That's one tight league! Congrats on promotion mate :) 

Very haha! Cheers Ash

You must be incredibly if you can do that with Blackburn judging by their recent performances! The detail and effort you put into this is incredible, really well done mate!

Good Going.KIU

Cheers!

You must be incredibly if you can do that with Blackburn judging by their recent performances! The detail and effort you put into this is incredible, really well done mate!

Cheers Harry, appreciate it! To be fair, Blackburn have some pretty good players on FMH and I'm very glad they played well for me:D

THE ROVERS RETURN

SEASON 2

Season Expectation: Stay Clear of Relegation

Transfer Budget: £13,750,000

Wage Budget: £306,000

Current Wage Total: £200,000

TRANSFERS

OUT

Spoiler

1twW61c.jpg

dZyYQzN.jpg

If you were wondering why our wage total before the season started was so low, now you know why. There was a lot of outgoings at the club most of which were on free transfers which freed up a lot of wage for us to bring in other players. 3 player did leave for a fee however as Corry Evans demanded a move and so was sold for £3.6M to Deportivo. He was followed out of Ewood Park by strikers Leon Best and Chris Brown who brought in a fee of £2.1M between them, and were replaced by a much better option. Most of those who left for free were players who were getting to the latter stages of their careers but were on a large wage and so I decided to let them go. Joshua King however, grew frustrated after he lost his place to Craig Conway last season and couldn't find a way back in so he agreed to join French side Stade de Reims upon the expiry of his contract. Connor Mahoney was again sent out on loan after last seasons successful spell in League 2, this time he would be spending the season at Scunthorpe. 

IN

Spoiler

1dhaHA0.jpg

Along with all the movement out of the club, 6 players agreed deals to join the club and the first to arrive was Tyler Blackett, formerly of Manchester United, on a free transfer. Inter Milan goalkeeper Francesco Bardi arrived to provide competition for Jason Steele for £2.4M and Stephen Mallan arrived for £1.1M from St Mirren. Former Chelsea CB Jeffrey Bruma arrived for £4M after he had been transfer listed by PSV and Danish winger Kasper Kusk also joined from the Eredivisie for £4.4M from FC Twente. The most expensive, and most notable, incoming was the arrival of German striker Davie Selke from Werder Bremen for £8M. A big fee, but you'll understand why in a moment..

NEW SIGNINGS PROFILES

TYLER BLACKETT

Spoiler

iFZxz8j.jpg

STEPHEN MALLAN

Spoiler

AlNyaqV.jpg

FRANCESCO BARDI

Spoiler

zgz77uE.jpg

JEFFREY BRUMA

Spoiler

MAzPJy7.jpg

KASPER KUSK

Spoiler

mdSX00O.jpg

DAVIE SELKE

Spoiler

ZNZovAi.jpg

COMPETITIONS

Barclays Premier League

LEAGUE TABLE

Spoiler

blGQJ89.jpg

After a tough start to the season which saw us fail to win any of our opening 9 games we found our feet and started to pick up points as well as wins over Arsenal and Tottenham. A good run in the middle of the season meant we climbed the table and at one point were 8th, however dips in form meant we dropped down again before finishing in 11th place. Once again we had exceeded the expectations set by the board and finished mid-table when the board were expecting us just to stay clear of relegation.

PLAYER STATS

TOP GOALSCORERS

Spoiler

rZtx9yw.jpg

Unfortunately no Blackburn players in the top scorers chart this season:(

TOP ASSISTS

Spoiler

Yv0m023.jpg

A Blackburn player did make it into the top assists chart again and as he did last season, it was Ben Marshall again who finished 4th with 11 assists.

FA Cup

Spoiler

3fQDDL5.jpg

After avoiding all of the 'big teams' most of the way through we were eventually knocked out to a superior Chelsea side in the semi-final. Still a very good cup run considering this was our first Premier League season.

Capital One Cup

Spoiler

HbD37vN.jpg

As we did in the FA Cup, we reached the semi-final of the Capital One Cup also however despite seeing off Manchester United in the previous round, we were knocked out by Championship outfit Millwall. A 2-1 defeat in the first leg followed by a 0-0 draw at Ewood Park in a game which we would have expected to win saw our cup dreams shattered.

SEASON PREVIEW - 2016/17

After a very successful first season in the Premier League we would be getting prepared for our second very soon and the board had set us the expectation of matching last seasons efforts in finishing mid-table. I felt this was a very realistic target given our performance in our first Premier League season, and along with this expectation we had again been given a very generous budget in order to strengthen all the areas required.

Edited by liam1872
4 hours ago, Ashez said:

Impressive going mate, that Kusk looks like a great find! 

Cheers Ash, he had a good season to be fair and still young so got high hopes:D

2 hours ago, HarryB571 said:

Some brilliant signings there, well done in the league mate! I know from experience that Bruma is a great steal!

Cheers Harry, Bruma was a brick wall at the back:P

THE ROVERS RETURN

SEASON 3

Season Expectation: Finish Mid-Table

Transfer Budget: £14,500,000

Wage Budget: £526,000

Current Wage Total: £400,000

TRANSFERS

OUT

Spoiler

hQ225D3.jpg

After last seasons mid-table finish and the board expecting another one, I set about making some changes to the squad and in order to strengthen we needed to let some players go. The first out the door were Tommy Spurr and academy graduate Ciaran Millar who both left upon the expiry of their contract. Rudy Gestede and Fernando Forestieri followed them out the exit doors as they both headed to Middlesbrough for £4M each. Craig Conway left for £1.5M and want-away CB Shane Duffy finally got his move as he left for Brighton for £1.5M also. Connor Mahoney again left on loan, this time to Millwall.

IN

Spoiler

i5DVHkp.jpg

Francis Coquelin & Yassin Ayoub arrived for a combined £7.1M to tighten up the midfield and Andreas Cornelius arrived for £2.5M to replace the departing Rudy Gestede. 2 new full backs also arrived at the club, Tyrone Mings from Ipswich for £3M and Cedric from Sporting Lisbon for £3M also. A total spend of £15.5M which would hopefully see us improve on last seasons league finish.

NEW SIGNINGS PROFILES

FRANCIS COQUELIN

Spoiler

l720mpx.jpg

YASSIN AYOUB

Spoiler

KD8MuvW.jpg

ANDREAS CORNELIUS

Spoiler

CoD9L2Q.jpg

TYRONE MINGS

Spoiler

1MKFwJE.jpg

CEDRIC

Spoiler

Zgjfy25.jpg

COMPETITIONS

Barclays Premier League

LEAGUE TABLE

Spoiler

3OPYujE.jpg

A mid-table finish was expected and we delivered more managing to lift ourselves up to 6th place!!

Of course this also means that we will be in Europe next season, in the Europa League which is a massive step towards the overall aim of this career. We are however still struggling to score as many goals as we did in the Championship and are drawing too many games, and I think the two may be linked. So hopefully with the right additions in the summer we can score more goals and turn some draws into wins.

PLAYER STATS

TOP GOALSCORERS

Spoiler

W589YPr.jpg

Unfortunately no Blackburn players in the top scorers chart again this season:(

TOP ASSISTS

Spoiler

sivCFJB.jpg

Unfortunately we had no players making it onto the assists chart this season, maybe next season:D.

FA Cup

Spoiler

HwkWCmo.jpg

It was Chelsea who knocked us out last season and this season we faced them again however in the final, and this time we came out on top. Despite being dominated for the entire game we managed to gain a 2 goal lead before Willian pulled one back in the 90th minute.

WE WON THE FA CUP!

Capital One Cup

Spoiler

HbtoPtO.jpg

We also met Chelsea in the Quarter Final of the Capital One Cup, and this time in a more even game they got the better of us. Upon the arrival of the full time whistle the game was 4-4 and going into extra time both teams players were starting to tire and we conceded with 4 minutes left of extra time to be knocked out of the competition after a 5-4 loss.

SEASON PREVIEW - 2017/18

An improvement on our previous season is always good, and to top it off with our first cup win is fantastic. Next season the board are expecting European football again and hopefully we can deliver just that!

Also, I apologise for the delay between the last update and this one, been very busy with uni work..

Edited by liam1872
41 minutes ago, Risheek said:

Good work.KIU.

Cheers!

36 minutes ago, HarryB571 said:

That Selke guy seems to be doing well for you, can we see how much he's been scoring?

Yeah sure, his scoring record isn't as great as it seems in the big games:

B1zPwCP.jpg?1

Without any spoilers to next seasons goal tally..