Find results in...

Career The Unemployed Challenge V2.0

liam1872

The Unemployed Challenge V2.0

UPDATE #2

TRANSFERS

OUT

t3yRIOC.png

Just the two departures at the club this season and both were on free transfers after their contracts had expired. Nothing much to say about them other than that we just simply didn't need them!

IN

bVX6QRH.png

Two players left and eight players came in, the biggest fee spent was on Igor Volkov who arrived from Zenit for £450,000. He was followed into the club by Vitaliy Lysenko, Jordan Clark and Ibou Touray who arrived for a combined £210,000. 4 of the 8 new signings arrived for free after their contracts had expired, these players being; Adil Nabi, Jak McCourt, George Honeyman and Alessandro Cannataro.

NEW SIGNINGS

IGOR VOLKOV

Spoiler

7qVdxbK.png

VITALIY LYSENKO

Spoiler

6QC5j11.png

JORDAN CLARK

Spoiler

gcd7xth.png

IBOU TOURAY

Spoiler

m6LC8mp.png

ADIL NABI

Spoiler

bkm0V8Y.png

JAK MCCOURT

Spoiler

Z8A0ntS.png

GEORGE HONEYMAN

Spoiler

bxIHD1G.png

ALESSANDRO CANNATARO

Spoiler

HgN1SFl.png

COMPETITIONS

Johnstones Paint Trophy

pwXrUyW.png

An early exit to League 1 rivals Leyton Orient..

ps. Red vs Red? Really?

FA Cup

hFo8jcB.png

Oh Dear...

Capital One Cup

YecVVQ0.png

Another early cup exit as we are knocked out by a superior Brentford side 2-0 in the 1st round..

ps. Red vs Red? Really?

League 1

League Table

3P7SrjW.png

Back-to-back play-off spots! We manage another 6th place finish after a very very good season, could we do it again? Could we get back-to-back promotions?

Play-Offs

Semi-Final

Spoiler

fXMMjNh.png

Shamir Fenelon's brace put us on the brink of making it to the final, but we still had to complete the job in the second leg. Could we?

Spoiler

ptJXoLb.png

An equaliser during the extra time period with 3 minutes left before penalties meant we would be in our second consecutive play-off final!! Surely not?

ps. Red vs Red? Really?

Final

Spoiler

HZQIC6n.png

Surely not indeed. Oh Oh. We were completely outplayed by Birmingham in the final who ran out 3-0 winners and would be heading for a return to the championship. Oh well, maybe next year..

Player Stats

TOP GOALSCORERS

Spoiler

pdwKJpW.png

Adil Nabi!!

TOP ASSISTS

Spoiler

iHw6ggR.png

END OF SEASON REVIEW-SEASON 2017/18 PREVIEW

Notice a recurring theme of playing against teams in red whilst wearing red?:laugh:

So another successful season at the helm of Crawley Town, another play-off final however no promotion this time around. Maybe next year?

Oh wait...

DNMQfSY.png?1

A job offer. At a club in a higher division..

After some looking around at their squad and their previous league position, I decided to...

As always, thank you all for reading and I will see you all soon:D

CHECKLIST

CLUB

ENGLAND

Chelsea

Arsenal

Manchester City

Manchester United

SPAIN

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid

Valencia

FRANCE

PSG

Lyon

Monaco

ITALY

Juventus

Roma

Lazio

INTERNATIONAL (4 OF 7)

England

Spain

France

Italy

Portugal

Holland

Belgium

Edited by liam1872

I'll just finish the sentence.

After some looking around at their squad and their previous league position, I decided to join Wolves.

Nice season btw so unlucky.

3 hours ago, fmhaberdeenfan said:

I'll just finish the sentence.

After some looking around at their squad and their previous league position, I decided to join Wolves.

Nice season btw so unlucky.

Maybe, not a fan of cliffhangers;)?

Cheers, Birmingham made us look average at best in the final:(

7 hours ago, liam1872 said:

Maybe, not a fan of cliffhangers;)?

Cheers, Birmingham made us look average at best in the final:(

Just my prediction. Really enjoy reading your careers/stories.

4 hours ago, catalin070697 said:

In a way or another ,you've got promotion at last 

I love this story! <3

Cheers mate, appreciate it! Makes me want to update more:D

Loving this so far. I'm having a go at the challenge but more casually caused I haven't played FM for a while. 

How long does it take you to go through a season?

5 minutes ago, Ralts said:

Loving this so far. I'm having a go at the challenge but more casually caused I haven't played FM for a while. 

How long does it take you to go through a season?

Cheers! It varies really, depends how many games and how busy I am in the transfer windows etc..

As a couple of you predicted, I did decide to take the job at Wolves!

Not only did they have a pretty good looking squad, they had just finished 4th in the Championship and made it to the Play-Off final.

Which they won!

Wolves were going to be a Premier League team, and this was definitely a good move as we look to forge ahead with this challenge!

Update coming within the next hour, look out for it:D

xy8kRDI.png

15 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Good luck mate, a decent season or two and you could possibly get one of the jobs your after aswell! :)

Cheers mate! Lets hope so :D

UPDATE #3

TRANSFERS

OUT

91U1nTA.png

7 players left on permanent deals while Liam McAlinden went out on loan. Most were sold due to them being unhappy, and I didn't have a place for them in the starting 11, so only way to keep squad harmony up was to let them go. Faycal Fajr and Rajiv Van La Parra left for £2M each while Kevin McDonald brought in a fee of £1.5M from Huddersfield Town. Razak Boukari left for £800,000 and Tommy Rowe joined Crewe for £525,000. George Saville had already agreed a pre-contract to join Hartlepool before I arrived.

IN

eW7ozPC.png

Some big signings here. I'll start with the free transfers, Leroy Fer arrived from QPR on a free to replace some of the outgoings, and Deni Milosevic also arrived for free as backup for a few positions. The first money signing was the arrival of Marcelo Brozovic from Inter Milan for just £1M!! He was followed in by Victor Wanyama and Marcel Sabitzer who arrived for a combined £9M. 

NEW SIGNINGS

LEROY FER

Spoiler

pF0oG89.png

DENI MILOSEVIC

Spoiler

4iGPXBS.png

MARCELO BROZOVIC

Spoiler

RWMSAYB.png

VICTOR WANYAMA

Spoiler

EI1UOQj.png

MARCEL SABITZER

Spoiler

9qIMcC0.png

COMPETITIONS

FA Cup

pVEVn94.png

When we played Tottenham, they were flying in the league and they carried that form into the FA Cup and easily brushed us aside with a 3-0 win after a brace from Harry Kane and an early goal from Christian Eriksen.

Capital One Cup

4pIV8Y4.png

An unbelievable run saw us make it all the way to the final and when we were drawn against Chelsea we thought the dream was over. However it turned out it wasn't after Nouha Dicko scored a double to take us to a 2-0 victory over Chelsea!! 

We had won a trophy in my first season in charge, can only get better from here!

Premier League

League Table

D6CgZwM.png

Despite the board setting us the expectation of just battling bravely against relegation, we surpassed this quite a bit and finished mid-table!

Our signings worked wonders and we had exceeded both mines and the boards expectations in finishing 10th.

Player Stats

TOP GOALSCORERS

Spoiler

bRr6p09.png

Benik Afobe getting into the top 9 with 18 league goals this season!

TOP ASSISTS

Spoiler

bz1u7fK.png

Marcel Sabitzer with a massive 15 assists in the league comes 2nd overall!

END OF SEASON REVIEW-SEASON 2018/19 PREVIEW

A hugely successful season saw us finish in 10th place in the Premier League as well as winning the Capital One Cup! The board want another mid-table finish next time around and have given us a HUGE budget to help our cause. We would of course be competing in the Europa League as well given our cup exploits, so lets hope we can do well in all competitions next season!

CHECKLIST

CLUB

ENGLAND

Chelsea

Arsenal

Manchester City

Manchester United

SPAIN

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid

Valencia

FRANCE

PSG

Lyon

Monaco

ITALY

Juventus

Roma

Lazio

INTERNATIONAL (4 OF 7)

England

Spain

France

Italy

Portugal

Holland

Belgium

That one quick repayment of the 2.5mil you spent of the boards money!! Sabitzer looks like a beast and quite surprised to see afobe that high up the scoring chart! Good going so far mate :)

1 hour ago, Brenty92 said:

That one quick repayment of the 2.5mil you spent of the boards money!! Sabitzer looks like a beast and quite surprised to see afobe that high up the scoring chart! Good going so far mate :)

Defo was! Sabitzer is so good, and Afobe is a beast as well!! Cheers mate:D

1 hour ago, BenAFC said:

I've been Crawley (my home town club) since the game was released, been a bit of a rollercoaster so far! 

image.png

Very up and down! Progress though winning League 1 with 95 points! GL:)

53 minutes ago, Nicolol said:

Great season mate, maybe after next season you'll get a top level job?

Cheers mate, hopefully! Just need to wait and see:P

Damn you had some good luck with wolves being promoted! I was at Blackburn in the Championship for my second season. I've got a bit of a dilemma now though. I'm still at blackburn sitting at 11th place in the Prem but West Ham have offered me a job but their sitting in 19th at the moment. Now I could easily chill with Blackburn and probably finish around 11th and next season I might be able to do slightly better or get to a better job or I could move to West Ham now, save them from relegation and then have a good squad to move up the table next season.

What would you do? 

Edited by Ralts
7 hours ago, Condo said:

Premier league already? Very impressive mate!

Wolves had just been promoted when I took over, lucky break I guess:D Cheers!

2 hours ago, Ralts said:

Damn you had some good luck with wolves being promoted! I was at Blackburn in the Championship for my second season. I've got a bit of a dilemma now though. I'm still at blackburn sitting at 11th place in the Prem but West Ham have offered me a job but their sitting in 19th at the moment. Now I could easily chill with Blackburn and probably finish around 11th and next season I might be able to do slightly better or get to a better job or I could move to West Ham now, save them from relegation and then have a good squad to move up the table next season.

What would you do? 

Cheers! Given you'll have players you're comfortable with at Blackburn, I'd stay there and build up from there. West Ham would be a completely fresh start and could go terribly..

Update #4

TRANSFERS

OUT

sWrQKlh.png

4 players left the club this season, the first of which being the departure of George Ray on a free after his contract expired. James Henry left for Reading for £500,000 and Jack Baldwin was sold for £950,000 to Partick Thistle. The biggest sale was the selling of Jed Wallace to Partick Thistle for £1.5M where he would join up with Baldwin again.

IN

c4dg14U.png

4 out 4 in. Izet Hajrovic joined from Werder Bremen for £2.5M before Hakan Calhanoglu joined the club from Bayer Leverkusen for just £4.5M!! Baba Rahmann came in from Chelsea for £6M and Bruma came in for £6.25M from Galatasaray. Big names. Big season.

NEW SIGNINGS

IZET HAJROVIC

Spoiler

eKWcZ24.png

HAKAN CALHANOGLU

Spoiler

bRIejQQ.png

BABA RAHMANN

Spoiler

3gznf9i.png

BRUMA

Spoiler

PqFT2K0.png

COMPETITIONS

FA Cup

CIm3IyO.png

Oh it could've been a lot worse, we move on..

Capital One Cup

nWeZJar.png

We made it to the final again however this time would be very different from last time out. Despite taking Arsenal all the way to penalties we couldn't hold on for one last stretch and lost 5-3 on penalties..

Europa League

Group Stage

1MKDZ1O.png

Some huge performances in the group stage saw us win the group!! There was only really two teams in it and our goalscoring record against the other two teams proved to be the difference between us and Valencia!

1st Round

Spoiler

G0Srul8.png

A first leg win at home over Italian side Napoli put us in a very good position to qualify for the next round, but could we hold on?

Spoiler

nC47LQy.png

Yes we could!! Despite being dominated by Napoli we held on to just the 1-0 defeat and progressed 2-1 on aggregate..

2nd Round

Spoiler

rMAiqyE.png

We actually managed to hold Porto to a draw at home with Benik Afobe again putting the ball in the net for us, but we still had it all to do after conceding an away goal..

Spoiler

JigkUyS.png

We were brushed aside in the end by a superior Porto side, and we can't really have any complaints about the defeat.

Premier League

League Table

92wNpam.png

After good runs in a couple of cup competitions we were so very close to stealing a top 4 spot from Manchester United. We ran out of steam a bit towards the end and finished 2 points behind 4th place, still a very good effort nonetheless.

Player Stats

TOP GOALSCORERS

Spoiler

LwbBBv4.png

You may have seen this coming after his goals in the Europa League, but Benik Afobe finishes top goalscorer in the league with 29 league goals.

TOP ASSISTS

Spoiler

maaccy9.png

We had 2 players make it into the top assists chart with Hakan Calhanoglu picking up 12 assists and Marcel Sabitzer getting 10.

END OF SEASON REVIEW-SEASON 2019/20 PREVIEW

Another final and a good run in the Europa League capped off a very successful season which saw us finish in 5th place in the Barclays Premier League. Next season we will again be competing in the Europa League and be pushing for that top 4 spot! Let me know if you think we can do it!

CHECKLIST

CLUB

ENGLAND

Chelsea

Arsenal

Manchester City

Manchester United

SPAIN

Barcelona

Real Madrid

Atletico Madrid

Valencia

FRANCE

PSG

Lyon

Monaco

ITALY

Juventus

Roma

Lazio

INTERNATIONAL (4 OF 7)

England

Spain

France

Italy

Portugal

Holland

Belgium

20 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

Brilliant season overall there mate, afobe just can't stop! Haha I think a top 4 club will come knocking this season to be honest

Cheers! Yeah he's a beast haha! Let's hope so:P