Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Burnley Tactic Required

Play a 4222 as you lack width. Barton as a BWM then paired with a CM and depending on which winger has a higher shooting use that one as a INF and the other as a WNG.

4 minutes ago, Dec said:

Play a 4222 as you lack width. Barton as a BWM then paired with a CM and depending on which winger has a higher shooting use that one as a INF and the other as a WNG.

How about the instructions?

1 hour ago, GamingWithoutRules said:

How about the instructions?

You can change them around and see what works for you. Personally, I go with Attacking, short passing, mixed passing focus (you may want to use narrow given that you lack wingers). GK Distribution depends on the aerial ability of your players up the pitch. I've noticed that, if you have players with low aerial ability, using short or mixed distribution is better - I usually lose the ball at goal kicks due to poor aerials stats. I usually use committed tackling but if you get too many bookings, red cards etc. then you can always change.

I usually use Offside trap and Counter Attacking but if you lack pace at the back and up front they may prove to be redundant.

Please note that this is just what I would do. It's a long season in the Championship so you have plenty of time to experiment at the start of the season to find the perfect combination.

Edited by Matthew

GamingW - first of all cool choice of team :)

second of all - as Matthew says - are you the manager who wants to create the game or live off counter ball.

only an advice - i would change focus and play short - i like my players to have the ball and NOT run after it. 

By the way - what is the thought of your goalie kicking the ball long?

best regards Anders

@GamingWithoutRules if u use the tips that are given above u get a very good tactic that works i tried it and 10 wins out of 11 games. I notice that u will concede too much goals so u have to change some stuff to make it work even better.

4 hours ago, AndersJ said:

GamingW - first of all cool choice of team :)

second of all - as Matthew says - are you the manager who wants to create the game or live off counter ball.

only an advice - i would change focus and play short - i like my players to have the ball and NOT run after it. 

By the way - what is the thought of your goalie kicking the ball long?

best regards Anders

I would to create the game.

And advice could then be - try to read the guides in this forum ( maybe those from last year also on how to create a good tactic.

another advice - i would create a wider midfield or maybe look a creating a good 433 tactic - something with short - press and no counter or men behind the ball - try to test alot - and test for a minimum of 10 games :)

hopes this helps more than it confuses