Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Piggs Drift 2016

Piggers5

I’ve tweaked a previous tactic for use with the 2016 original engine and seem to be having some good success. As ever my emphasis is on goal scoring and as such I would recommend the following setup should you want to give it a try.

Firstly I auto-clear and then auto-pick before each match. Although this results in some rather strange selections (DM’s playing as AMC) it also results in a lot of goals. When I use a thoughtful process to select what I think is balanced team I get lots of 2-0 & 1-0. When I use auto pick I get lots of 4-1 6-2 7-0 etc.

I then swap any players auto-pick has included that have less than 94% fitness. This has been a golden rule of mine ever since I first played FMH. Especially with a pressing tactic, I want my players to be match fit. If my super star striker is 93% and my youngster with ‘9’ shooting is 95% then the youngster plays.

My final suggestion is a 65” minute pause. At this stage I sub players who are performing below the team average. If most players are posting 7’s then a 6 gets you the hook. But I never sub any defenders or my goalie regardless of individual score. Stability at the back comes first.

Final note, if you get a red card then sacrifice the left sided attacker. The tactic should work mirrored but I have never tried.

I have had some truly spectacular results with this tactic as shown below but you also need to be active in the transfer marker after a promotion. My Gillingham team smashed league 1 but could only compete mid-table in the Championship until I made signings in January.

So here are some screen shots.  I hope this is a useful addition to some people’s tactic roster.

So I’ve had some very BIG WINS

1448481370-screenshot-2015-11-21-20-24-3

1448481399-screenshot-2015-11-23-21-05-1

I took Tranmere up in the first season with 132 goals and 124 points. This was such good fun.

1448481716-screenshot-2015-11-25-13-49-2

1448481726-screenshot-2015-11-25-11-31-0

Barcelona have not had a look in since Real Madrid hired me ?

1448482922-screenshot-2015-11-25-13-57-1

Having dominated the Premier League with Southampton I had to eventually settle for a Champions League spot and an encouraging goal difference. 

1448482981-screenshot-2015-11-25-19-18-4

Here is the setup / instructions

1448481526-screenshot-2015-11-25-19-53-0

1448481535-screenshot-2015-11-25-19-53-1

nick2528 thanks for the info, unfortuatley I'm not an 'enhanced' convert. I have an S6 and I still find it painfully slow using that engine. Personally my peak FMH enjoyment was 2014 and I think the last couple of versions have taken away from it a bit but I'm going off topic.

Risheek I'm not sure what link to send you. The tactic is within the OP, that's all I know ?

@Piggers5

I was hoping you would do an update for this year. I remember I tested your tactic last year using autopick and went undefeated in the league :-)

Will give this a bash and report back.

Edited by DutchTony
18 hours ago, Piggers5 said:

nick2528 thanks for the info, unfortuatley I'm not an 'enhanced' convert. I have an S6 and I still find it painfully slow using that engine. Personally my peak FMH enjoyment was 2014 and I think the last couple of versions have taken away from it a bit but I'm going off topic.

Risheek I'm not sure what link to send you. The tactic is within the OP, that's all I know ?

Try it on the 2016, enhanced engine is as quick as the original.

Am trying this in my new save, the Piggers Drifft of last year was the best tactic for me last year and was absolutely fantastic. Thank you Piggers5 for that tactic and I am trying this tactic hoping it will be as incredible as the last year's version :)

On 12/2/2015, 2:06:10, Piggers5 said:

I tried enchaned straight off. Even turning the pitch view off it still slows tediously when an important passage of play takes place?

How old is your phone ?

On a 6S each game is so fast you can't follow  the match :/ 

I need to switch on normal to see what's happen.

Got my S6 in the last 6 months. Once your used to the OME, enhanced is ponderous. Try OME and you'll see what I mean. Either that or I have too many apps?

Did not work well for me with Man United. Too many draws and equal amounts of wins and losses. Tweaked the tactic a bit, changed mentality to Attacking and passing style to direct and put the Offside-trap off. Also changed the DLM to an AP. And the 2nd CF to a T, and all the BPD's to CB's. Having MUCH better results now and have started to win most matches instead of drawing, but still not as good as last year's version of this tactic

Hi hazizul_17 I also could not get a decent average player rating out of my wingbacks. usually in the high 6's which is well below the team average. As the tactic kept performing I just accepted it in the end. It can be leaky because it is very attacking, a heroic goalie is recommended.

Owain, are you using OME? I can not buy a result with direct passing so really suprised that improved things for you. If you can improve it further please share.

Too leaky even with BPDs converted to CDs. The opposition, while not having most of the position, have a lot of attempts and chances. The FL seldom provides with assists with no goals whatsoever. 

Edit: Forgot to mention, playing as Manchester United with the Enhanced Engine.

Edited by vbase
On 7 December 2015 at 10:14, Piggers5 said:

Hi hazizul_17 I also could not get a decent average player rating out of my wingbacks. usually in the high 6's which is well below the team average. As the tactic kept performing I just accepted it in the end. It can be leaky because it is very attacking, a heroic goalie is recommended.

Owain, are you using OME? I can not buy a result with direct passing so really suprised that improved things for you. If you can improve it further please share.

Yes, I was using the original match engine

Thought I would contribute here. I have used the pigs drift tactic for the past two fm games and have loved them! However this tactic seems much less effective this year and I have failed to replicate the same success as show above. I tend to conceded a minimum of two goals per match and my team struggles to score. Often my goalkeepers tend to end up on a rating of 3-4 or 5 and I get hammered. I don't understand it, fully suited players and excellent moral. Am I doing something wrong? Are you planning to update this tactic piggers? Try to go for the 200 goal challenge in a single season?