Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2011 The Unemployed Challenge - William - Season 19 - 6 teams to go!

William

Team - Crewe

Season 1

League 2 - 1st

Johnstone Paint Trophy - Semi Final

FA Cup - Third Round

League Cup - First Round

Your chairman has pronounced his pleasure at the team winning the npower League 2.

This achievement far exceeded his expectations at the beginning of the season.

Transfers In :

Agustin Battipiedi - Brighton - £100K

Mathieu Manset - Hereford - £10K

Dean Morgan - Chesterfield - £30K

Transfers Out :

Steve Phillips - Bournemouth - £2K

Won the League with a whopping 111 points, a +92 goal difference, and 21 points ahead of second. Probably my best FMH season ever :P League Cup I went out straight away in a 3-0 loss to Coventry. FA Cup I beat Crawley and Burton only to be thrashed again United 5-1. In the Paint Trophy I lost to Huddersfield 2-1 in the semi final.

Won League 2 Manager of the Year

Crewe's Ashley Westwood won League 2 Player of the Year

Crewe's Nick Powell won League 2 Young Player of the Year

Season 2 underway . . .

Team - Crewe/Inter

Season 2

League 1 - 3rd (upto when I left)

Johnstone Paint Trophy - 2nd Round

FA Cup - Third Round (upto when I left)

League Cup - 2nd round

Transfers In :

Fraser Martin - Free

David Brown - Gateshead - £26K

Darius Edwards - Salisbury - £20K

Transfers Out :

None

All is going well in League 1, playing well above expectations despite a disappointing early defeat to Oldham in the League Cup and an early exit in the Paint trophy as-well, the league standings were brilliant. The board were delighted and heading the final week of December in 3rd, they couldn't be more pleased.

I was applying for any job available that was of a higher calibre (mainly out of hope). All of a sudden, after doing well for a season and a half, Inter want me :O:D with a whopping £34M transfer budget.

I accept and start the new year at Inter :

Serie A - 1st

Champions League : 1st Knockout Round

Italian Cup : Fourth Qual. Round (was not at club at the time)

Italian Super Cup : Runner Up (was not at club at the time)

Your chairman indicated he was pleased that the team won the Serie A this season.

Transfers In :

Diemerci Mbokani - Monaco - £7M

Nick Powell - Crewe - £75K

Tim Morgan - Crewe - £350K

Ashley Young - Villa - £9M

Agustin Battipiedi - Crewe - £20K

Niall Day - Kettering - £70K

Ashley Westwood - Crewe - £80K

Cees Janmaat - AZ - £85K

Simon Wallace - Stevenage - £50K

Wayne Eckersley - Bournemouth - £90K

Yannick Maes - Standard - £60K

Joe Nicholas - Carlisle - £45K

Arunas Olsson - Elfsborg - £1.4M

Sergio Calatayud - Lanus - £600K

Transfers Out :

Nick Powell - Cesena - Loan

Tim Morgan - Cesena - Loan

Agustin Battipiedi - Siena - Loan

Niall Day - Atalanta - Loan

Simon Wallace - Atalanta - Loan

Wayne Eckersley - Atalanta - Loan

Yannick Maes - Empoli - Loan

Joe Nicholas - Avellino - Loan

Arunas Olsson - Bologna - Loan

Sergio Calatayud - Bari - Loan

I raided my old club transfers wise ;) as-well as some youth players from different countries. Winning the league was a massive achievement, and my first proper trophy :D just need to win one more next season and I can move one. I joined the club just before the 1st of January, where Inter were in second, and big wins against table topping Sampadoria, as-well as Juve and A.C. Milan helped we win the title with 4 games to spare and finishing at the end with 85 points, 17 points ahead of 2nd place A.C. Milan. I lost in the Champions League 1st Knockout Round to Man Utd, and was not in charge when the Italian Cup took place. I applied for the United job at the dying days of the season, they accepted :( but I could not move as I need another trophy at Inter first. At-least it shows big clubs want me so early on :D

Inter's Wesley Sneijder won Serie A Player of the Year

Inter's Wesley Sneijder got most assists in Serie A with 15

Season 3 underway . . .

Patrick, I have no idea :P

My manager stats are as so :

Club Player Loyalty : 1

Domestic Player Bias : 2

Financial Control : 9

Transfer Acumen : 14

Youth Policy : 19

Not that that clears anything up, I still have no idea, may be my career stats

Played - 103

Won - 74 games - 71.8%

Drawn - 13 games - 12.6%

Lost - 16 games - 15.5%

Goals scored - 2.84 p/m

Goals conceded - 1.30 p/m

Manager Rank 4th

Manager Pts 889

2 League Titles

0 Cup Titles

You're in the best possible position. If you can get a national side soon that would be perfect as I struggled to land the last few jobs even after I won pretty much everything Portugal, Italy and holland all rejected me. Good luck I'll be reading closely :-)

I assure you RAC there would be no point in cheating. I started as the team on the bottom on the list in BSP and resigned straight away, applied for the Crewe job and got it. I can send you the save file if you like :)

Team - Inter

Season 3

Serie A - 1st

Champions League - Winner

Italian Cup - Winner

Italian Super Cup - Runner-up

Your chairman has indicated he was pleased that the team won the Serie A this season.

Transfers In :

Fernando Belluschi - Free

Ross Jenkins - Watford - £100K

Benedikt Howedes - Schalke - £15M

Transfers Out :

Ivan Cordoba - Free

David Suazo - Free

Marco Materazzi - Free

Loaned out several youngsters ;)

Our first game of the season we lost to Sampadoria in the Italian Super Cup and I had a feeling that this season would go badly. However, after leading Inter to Serie A title last year, I was keen to follow this up with the double, and that I did, finishing with 87 points, 16 points ahead of 2nd placed Juventus. I let a few of the elder players leave on free transfers as-well as loaning out a lot of the youngsters for more first team experience. I managed to get attacking midfielder Belluschi who played an intregal part of my squad and signed a solid centre back Howedes to put less pressure on Lucio who will not make first team next season. The Italian Cup was a breeze and we beat Lecce 5-1 in the final. Winning the champions league was a great acheivment and has boosted my reputation to continental, having beaten Real Madrid 1-0 in the final. Our journey also included wins against Zenit and Arsenal. Overall a brilliant season, I needed to win 2 trophies and I have ended up with 4. Looking for a new club now for next season. Special mention to Snejider who was out of this world this season for me.

World Player of the Year - Wesley Sneijder

Serie A Player of the Year - Wesley Sneijder

Serie A Top Assists - Wesley Sneijder - 23

Serie A Manager of the Year - Wbarn 123

Season 4 underway . . .

Team - Inter

Season 4

Serie A - 1st

Champions League - Quarter Final

Italian Cup - 1st Round

Italian Super Cup - Winner

Euro Super Cup - Runner Up

Club World Championship - Winner

Your chairman has indicated he was pleased that the team won the Serie A this season.

Transfers In :

David Villa - Free

Gareth Bale - £25M

Regen youngsters

Transfers Out :

Loaned out several youngsters

Our season did not start off as planned, with a chance to win the European Super Cup against Bayern Munich we drew 1-1 only to lose on penalities. However I knew from experience that a bad start does not sum up your season, as was the case with last season. We did the treble, 21 points clear of 2nd place and third time in a row ;) I got David Villa aged 31 on a free as Barcelona were not playing and both proved to be good signings. Bale offered left wing back support to repeat Maicons role at RB on the other side. In the Champions League we lost to Chelsea 4-2 on aggregate which was disappointing and despite getting past all the qualifying rounds in the Italian Cup, we stumbled at the first round against Napoli. We won the Italian Super Cup 2-0 against Sampadoria. To my surprise we were thrown into the Club World Championships at the semi final stage against some poor opposition and we won in the final 4-1. Overall a successful season and at nearing the end of the season I managed to get the Arsenal job where my new stage in my career awaits. Leaving Inter was a tough choice, but I had achieved way over as much as I needed to and I needed to prove myself in other countries of the globe.

World Player of the Year - Wesley Sneijder

Serie A Player of the Year - Wesley Sneijder

Serie A Top Assists - Wesley Sneijder - 28

Serie A Manager of the Year - Wbarn 123

Season 5 underway . . .

Team - Arsenal

Season 5

Champions League - Winner

Premier League - 3rd

FA Cup - 3rd Round

League Cup - 4th Round

Your chairman has made it known that he is reasonably satisfied with the team's overall performance this season. He will, however, expect better next season.

Transfers In :

Stephen Wright - Southport - £50k

Marc Ochs - Inter - £8M

Nani - Man Utd - Free

Transfers Out :

Stephen Wright - Burnley - Loan

Emmanuel Eboue - Standard - £575K

Sanchez Watt - Newcastle - £1.7M

After building up most of my reputation in Italy as Inter, I did not want my return to English football to be a flop. I had inherited a decent squad with the likes of Tevez, Balotelli and Michel Bastos already there as-well as several youngsters who were earning first team spots. I managed to get Nani on a free and signed a 17 year old keeper that I bought at Inter for 100K, not great transfer business there from me, but for his age, he will be one of the best keepers in the world and is first team. The PL was disappointing for me, as with 10 games to go we were 2 points off 1st placed Chelsea and we were really pushing, but we just could not finish for the final few games and ended up in 3rd place behind Chelsea and Man Utd. Average but would like to win the League next season. The two domestic cups were a huge disappointment, going out to West Ham 1-0 in the League Cup fourth round and drawing Liverpool and losing to them in the 3rd round of the FA Cup. The Champions League was an acheivment though, beating high class teams such as Atletico Madrid, A.C. Milan and Real Madrid in a 1-0 win ET. Disappointed that I was unable to get the two trophies in 1 season so I could move on, but next season will be my last with Arsenal hopefully. Oh yeah, and if Balotelli asks for another fucking contract after boosting his wages by £20K every few months I will slaughter him!

World Player of the Year - Mario Balotelli

Premier League Player of the Year - Mario Balotelli

Season 6 underway . . .

I would like to think so. Presuming i get at-least 1 trophy with Arsenal next season I will have 13 clubs (26 trophies) to get in 24 seasons. This would mean some seasons I would have to get 2 trophies in my first season with clubs.

I also have to get the international jobs which hasn't proved easy so far.

Hope you are enjoying this read :)

Doing well, was wondering if you picked englad as your nationality if so go for the England post when it comes up you may have a better chance getting them compared to the rest at first :-)

Team - Arsenal

Season 6

Euro Super Cup - Runners Up

Champions League - Semi Final

Premier League - 1st

FA Cup - 4th Round

League Cup - Winner

Club World Championship - Winner

Your chairman indicated he was pleased that the team won the English Premier Division this season.

Transfers In :

Wesley Sneijder - Inter - £31M

David Villa - Inter - £800K

Ashley Young - Inter - Free

Transfers Out :

Nani - Hannover - £5.75M

Vito Mannone - Juventus - £1.8M

Marouane Chamakh - Malaga - £1M

Lewis McGugan - Cardiff - £2.1M

Samir Nasri - At. Madrid - £10M

So last season we got the Champions League and only one trophy was needed to be able to move on. The chairman indicated this season he wanted more and I agreed... and delivered. I signed Sneijder who was incredible for me at Inter as-well as Villa and Young from my old clubs as they were bargains. I was given a prime opportunity in the Euro Super Cup but I once again lost to Bayern Munich 3-2. This meant I would have to play out the season, but this helped me build my reputation as I won 3 competitions. The premier league I won on the final day after United lost to West Brom 2-0 and I drew to Tottenham 1-1. In the League Cup I casually got through to the final, beating Villa 1-0 in ET. The Club World Championship I won once again but I was disappointed with my FA Cup performance, going out 2-1 to Wigan. Overall a great season for me which has boosted my reputation to world class. Now on the lookout for another team :)

World Player of the Year - Mario Balotelli

Premier League Player of the Year - Mario Balotelli

Premier League Young Player of the Year - Marc Ochs

Premier League Manager of the Year - Wbarn 123

Season 7 underway . . .