Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Pele & Rivaldo Rise Again!

Ashez

Congratulations @Ashez and @PriZe. This career has been a fantastic one to follow and great job making two players who come nowhere near their dads score like crazy. Hopefully 2017 can bring with it a reason for you to reignite your passion for the game and post more of your fantastic careers.

2 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Congratulations @Ashez and @PriZe. This career has been a fantastic one to follow and great job making two players who come nowhere near their dads score like crazy. Hopefully 2017 can bring with it a reason for you to reignite your passion for the game and post more of your fantastic careers.

Thanks for the comment, I didn't expect any with how late this update is but they all mean a lot :). 

All things come to a end

On monday i go an alert that Ashez posted a new message in Pele & Rivaldo rise again, an update to a career and a game I haven’t played or thought about in months.

As Ashez already mentioned I do like to take my breaks from the game and this forum, but last couple of months have been hectic. Love of my live ill, a baby on the way, work stress, I burned out and disappeared.

It took me a few days to pick up the courage to post this final update. But I owe my personal FM inspiration Ashez and this career an update that add’s to Ashez his post. So without further ado here is some evidence of this epic journey of the lads. And most importantly, did Ashez his loveboy Rivaldo or my lovely Pele win the duel of the best striker in this partnership?

Cups & leagues

SPSC

http://i.imgur.com/p2FMcJn.jpg[/img] 

Well we cruised it

i1Vrsft.jpg 

And then crashed and burned in the semi-final, come on FMM this is just BS with those shots.

First division

R7xXA3w.jpg

Close call but yet again champions

Copa Final

QHLy5cm.jpg 

Brace by Rivaldo graps us the win

CWC

QHLy5cm.jpg

I say rigged! Why is it always Ashez his loveboy who wins us the cups :S

Two managers

wndsYG3.jpg

PK3X2DR.jpg

Two managers, different views, same goals. And the results? A whooping 75% win rate and almost 3 goals per match. Looks like we should be signed by a real club as managers.

And now the important stuff

You know already that we achieved the challenge, but Ashez didn’t have all the info.

JxQ0zVR.jpg

Riv was the most prolific goal score of the team this year. So how did they end?

Rivaldo

WtWv9tq.jpg

4LVQ3XI.jpg 

Managed to score 624 goals in 827 games and created another 207 goals.

Pele

409RIH5.jpg

cjGOFss.jpg 

Is the winner of the lot, with 641 goals in 800 games he is the most prolific of the two, just like his dad Pele.

Combined they achieved a total amount of 1265 goals.

Closure

I hope by supplying you with the evidence this career gets and more fitting ending. It has been a journey, moving all over the globe, tense discussion what should we do, are we gonna make it. And as Ashez mentioned, I can really advise you, if you want to have fun? Try a career like this, two manager going for an insane goal is loads of fun.

My last words are for Ashez, I want to thank him for his kind words, he had all the right to go banana’s on my ass for disappearing, the way he handled this tells something about his personality, and he isn’t just a great FMM player and career creator, he is a great person as well.

For me, I might pop in and out in the future on this forum If I get the game. My time and attention will mostly be somewhere else and I don’t want to make any false promises.

I wish you all well, I am crossing my fingers that SI will create an Epic follow up for 16, because we all know we need one. And I wish Vibe all the best!

PriZe

Well done for finding the time and inclination to post. 

Life is more important than a computer game. I've got two young kids and time spent with them is a lot more precious than shouting at a mobile App. 

Oh wow, what an awesome surprise! If I knew commenting here would have got you back I'd have done it months ago :p. Damn, I can't believe Pele won :@, I didn't mention it as I couldn't be sure haha. Rivaldo was responsible for more goals so I'll take that :P 

It really means a lot that you'd come back just to post that, thanks mate! I won't get going soppy here but I hope everything is okay, as you know my PMs are always open and I hope we speak in the future :). 

This has made my day :D 

Edited by Ashez

Thanks @PriZe for posting the whole season. Congratulations on beating @Ashez and congratulations on finishing the challenge, it has been a great career to follow. Hopefully more great careers next year. KIU

Edited by Real_Random
6 hours ago, Ashez said:

I'm glad you enjoyed it :) 

Honestly I wanted Rivaldo (and you @Ashez) to win but hey Prize won but I think that Rivaldo maybe created a few too many goals for pele but that's football.

2 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Honestly I wanted Rivaldo (and you @Ashez) to win but hey Prize won but I think that Rivaldo maybe created a few too many goals for pele but that's football.

Haha, Rivaldo was just more important over all to the teams ;). 

Im just happy I/we did this when we did as he's no longer a club footballer (was removed in Jan update, dunno what he's up to now IRL) and with possibility of Brazil being removed I'm glad that both my careers this year featured it so heavily. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

Haha, Rivaldo was just more important over all to the teams ;). 

Im just happy I/we did this when we did as he's no longer a club footballer (was removed in Jan update, dunno what he's up to now IRL) and with possibility of Brazil being removed I'm glad that both my careers this year featured it so heavily. 

Well your lucky you found Rivaldo in the first place because honestly I would not have known he was in Europe anyway. Good luck for 2017 and maybe with out Brazil challenges will seem more challenging.

1 hour ago, Real_Random said:

Well your lucky you found Rivaldo in the first place because honestly I would not have known he was in Europe anyway. Good luck for 2017 and maybe with out Brazil challenges will seem more challenging.

During the months building up to release I basically screenshot any football relating matter be it stat or player that interests me that I see in the news or wherever. That way when the game comes out I have a lot of people to look at and some challenge ideas for right off the bat :) 

That's how I knew about Rivaldo, I saw some news story about him so I screenshotted it and checked if he was available on the day of release. I actually wasn't sure what I was going to do with him until I showed him to Prize and he revealed Pele Jr, once I knew that the idea was born :D. 

10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

During the months building up to release I basically screenshot any football relating matter be it stat or player that interests me that I see in the news or wherever. That way when the game comes out I have a lot of people to look at and some challenge ideas for right off the bat :) 

That's how I knew about Rivaldo, I saw some news story about him so I screenshotted it and checked if he was available on the day of release. I actually wasn't sure what I was going to do with him until I showed him to Prize and he revealed Pele Jr, once I knew that the idea was born :D. 

That is really smart. I sometimes pick my team like that, when I read a stat or fact about a team I then try to recreate it and improve said team because of their history. I honestly believe a teams history is important to creating that link between me and a team because it gives me a benchmark 

2 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

That is really smart. I sometimes pick my team like that, when I read a stat or fact about a team I then try to recreate it and improve said team because of their history. I honestly believe a teams history is important to creating that link between me and a team because it gives me a benchmark 

I've always had the habit of making notes or taking screenshots of ideas, if not you'll only forget about them lol. My iPod is full of screenshots and I have like five note books from across the years full of ideas, workings out and whatever else. It's fun to look back at them from time to time as you never know when inspiration will hit. No matter how wacky the idea seems I'll always make a note of it and I like trying to work out how possible a save idea is. Like the 3k I did this year, I worked it all out roughly in my notebook to see if it was actually possible, most of it ended up in the OP to that thread lol. That's the type of fun I'm missing, since that save I've just not enjoyed FMM and been so off my game it's unreal lol. The goal a min challenge/save I did the other year was also from my notes, I saw CR7 achieved it IRL so I made a note of it, then I needed something to play ages later so I went back to my notes and found the idea so I ran with it lol. 

Club stats interest me less than players usually but that's the beauty of FMM, the game is endless and can be played in so many ways. Just unfortunately on 2016 not many of them are that fun :P. Personally there is nothing better than finding that one striker you just connect with and enjoy using, that's the beauty of the 1kc to me when you find that hidden gem, but again I think 2016's database is pretty bland and the EME has made the difference between the lesser players and the greats massive :(. 

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

I've always had the habit of making notes or taking screenshots of ideas, if not you'll only forget about them lol. My iPod is full of screenshots and I have like five note books from across the years full of ideas, workings out and whatever else. It's fun to look back at them from time to time as you never know when inspiration will hit. No matter how wacky the idea seems I'll always make a note of it and I like trying to work out how possible a save idea is. Like the 3k I did this year, I worked it all out roughly in my notebook to see if it was actually possible, most of it ended up in the OP to that thread lol. That's the type of fun I'm missing, since that save I've just not enjoyed FMM and been so off my game it's unreal lol. The goal a min challenge/save I did the other year was also from my notes, I saw CR7 achieved it IRL so I made a note of it, then I needed something to play ages later so I went back to my notes and found the idea so I ran with it lol. 

Club stats interest me less than players usually but that's the beauty of FMM, the game is endless and can be played in so many ways. Just unfortunately on 2016 not many of them are that fun :P. Personally there is nothing better than finding that one striker you just connect with and enjoy using, that's the beauty of the 1kc to me when you find that hidden gem, but again I think 2016's database is pretty bland and the EME has made the difference between the lesser players and the greats massive :(. 

Well said mate. That is the beauty and problem with FMM because while it caters for all demographics some get preferential treatment and leaves players like the ones found here stuck between that gap between FMM and FMT where we end more features but we can't. Speaking of player stats I saw today that Neymar scored his 50th international goal and is only 24 if he keeps up his current rate he could beat the 100 internationals goals challenge IRL. To put that into perspective Messi has only scored 56 international goals. Hopefully some news story comes across soon that is so interesting and insane it draws you back in. 

4 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Well said mate. That is the beauty and problem with FMM because while it caters for all demographics some get preferential treatment and leaves players like the ones found here stuck between that gap between FMM and FMT where we end more features but we can't. Speaking of player stats I saw today that Neymar scored his 50th international goal and is only 24 if he keeps up his current rate he could beat the 100 internationals goals challenge IRL. To put that into perspective Messi has only scored 56 international goals. Hopefully some news story comes across soon that is so interesting and insane it draws you back in. 

They should release Football Manager Limbo as a Vibe exclusive haha. 

Wow, that's metal haha, he has to break 100 goals surely! 

Lets hope so :D 

20 minutes ago, Ashez said:

They should release Football Manager Limbo as a Vibe exclusive haha. 

Wow, that's metal haha, he has to break 100 goals surely! 

Lets hope so :D 

That is a fantastic idea haha. Basically a beta version of FMT without the bugs of FMM. They would sell more of Football Manager Limbo than they do FMT;).

End of challenge stats

As promised to @Ashez hereby the total end of career stats of the two legends!

Pele
Played: 800
Scored: 641

Assists: 155

Avg g/p: 0,80

Rivaldo
Played: 827
Scored: 624

Assists: 207

Avg g/p: 0,75

Total
Played: 1627