Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe Download Topics in Community

Dec

Hi all, I am writing today to tell you that our policies have changed. While before we used to have a Download thread on the Community section this got removed for 2016. Since then we haven't been clear on our intentions so I hope this fixes it.

Download threads in essence are not allowed unless they are for:

• Developmental help - not just bug reporting or feature requests UNLESS an index of several downloads with requests for additional on the theme
  • General discussion on creations such as skin guides or Database ideas

Advertisements as such just linking to a download is not allowed. This is because the downloads comments have not been used much, we want to encourage people to use the download section to talk

Thanks,

Vibe.Community staff

23 hours ago, rseven said:

So, my post are deleted.

Understood.

everyones are in the chat , but there is a work around like i have done with my skin previews i mentioned theres available skins in the download section but i didnt link it to them.

6 hours ago, Kyle said:

everyones are in the chat , but there is a work around like i have done with my skin previews i mentioned theres available skins in the download section but i didnt link it to them.

Links are fine as long as has other purposes than "go here to download this" which the downloads forum used to do.

To be honest I know your taking your site in a certain direction but I personally preferd the downloads thread and the downloads section, as this year it has been trimmed down I don't feel like people rate and discuss about the content on the 1 download section, in my opinion if there was the 2 available that would be better.

so say someone took time to write something on the downloads section that "you" felt didn't warrant its own thread would you delete it without firstly consulting with the author? I would find that rather rude as everyone knows even a write up can take hours 

I know you probably want just the 1 section so that that would be the place for discussion and downloads but I feel like a lot of things on vine are changing, in my eyes I don't see Vibe just being football manager in the future and that is the backbone of vibe, if you where to change the "product" let's call it I think your audience would trim down.

Edited by leecutler
12 hours ago, leecutler said:

To be honest I know your taking your site in a certain direction but I personally preferd the downloads thread and the downloads section, as this year it has been trimmed down I don't feel like people rate and discuss about the content on the 1 download section, in my opinion if there was the 2 available that would be better.

Going to take this step by step.

Why would two available be better? If one isn't used as you said surely all that is happening is that something is being taken from the proper section and dispersed into another. I don't see the logic in this. What we want is everything in the correct sections and findable by all. The download section is the most popular section of the site but the comments are hardly used. People need to take what they had for downloads forum and do the same on the download section. This is to make the site look as active as it actually is, allow uploaders to see feedback all in one place AND not be confusing for new members.

so say someone took time to write something on the downloads section that "you" felt didn't warrant its own thread would you delete it without firstly consulting with the author? I would find that rather rude as everyone knows even a write up can take hours 

Why would someone write on the downloads? That makes no sense. Let's say it did. I would consult the author and tell them to post a topic. If they didn't respond I would do it manually myself.

I know you probably want just the 1 section so that that would be the place for discussion and downloads but I feel like a lot of things on vine are changing, in my eyes I don't see Vibe just being football manager in the future and that is the backbone of vibe, if you where to change the "product" let's call it I think your audience would trim down.

I like how us changing something results in less of an audience (though this is just fabrication, we are having more views and members than ever) but if FMM doesn't change people shout out for it to. This isn't change for change sake. This is change for good reason.

It just seems like the whole change of the site has very little to do with FMM it seems to me like your expanding your horizons and will feature other games? For other games there are other community's for certain games and how would you intend on capturing that certain audience?

i reckon if you done a poll asking members of there preferd the old style with the 2 download sections at least 60% would rather have the 2 sections, yeah I understand that you want to possibly branch out and vibe has over 20,000 members but my question is how many are "active", you could have 500 million but very few active people, FMM is a big game but yet there is very little active members and if you want to branch out I think you would find it very difficult to capture the audience for your select game/games that you would feature 

1 minute ago, leecutler said:

It just seems like the whole change of the site has very little to do with FMM it seems to me like your expanding your horizons and will feature other games? For other games there are other community's for certain games and how would you intend on capturing that certain audience?

May I ask you how? At the end of the day we are a community. There is a huge shift towards a "news feed" style layout and quick/easy navigation. Forums are notably bad on that.

i reckon if you done a poll asking members of there preferd the old style with the 2 download sections at least 60% would rather have the 2 sections, yeah I understand that you want to possibly branch out and vibe has over 20,000 members but my question is how many are "active", you could have 500 million but very few active people, FMM is a big game but yet there is very little active members and if you want to branch out I think you would find it very difficult to capture the audience for your select game/games that you would feature 

Like the poll where most hated the new forum layout last year with FMM at the top, now everyone loves that. 

Vibe has over 20,000 members? Yes we do, but the fact you only said 20,000 kind of makes me feel you are just pulling things out of your arse to try and justify your own views. They are your opinions, just don't treat them as fact please.

You are talking about us branching out, but we don't have any intention to do this at the moment. However let me concern about the future of the site. Not being rude but this doesn't really have much to do with you and saying that this change - which was stemmed from a noticeable weakness of the site, is to do with us trying to branch out and leave FMM is just ridiculous. It is just so false. This was a choice that was taken due to the fact that Community members don't interact with the Downloads section and this leaves our most visited side looking empty. Nothing to do with less active members (you always get lurkers, even Facebook does!) or expanding the site to other games.

Dec it was merely just my opinion there is no need to get so narky about it is there? 

Ill leave it at that as this will develop into something that wouldn't be good 

3 minutes ago, leecutler said:

Dec it was merely just my opinion there is no need to get so narky about it is there? 

Ill leave it at that as this will develop into something that wouldn't be good 

I wasn't getting narky. You were just not really relevant and making vast presumptions that weren't true. I just don't understand why you are so against something when you don't actually know much. I am rereading what you said and it is all about us branching out that isn't true, not actually about us trying to use the downloads section's comments.  Read my last paragraph please and try and answer about that. You have really put 2 and 2 together and got 2,000.

Also what else is Vibe planning on doing? Would be really interested as I don't know myself yet you do.

Just now, Dec said:

I wasn't getting narky. You were just not really relevant and making vast presumptions that weren't true. I just don't understand why you are so against something when you don't actually know much. I am rereading what you said and it is all about us branching out that isn't true, not actually about us trying to use the downloads section's comments.  Read my last paragraph please and try and answer about that. You have really put 2 and 2 together and got 2,000.

Also what else is Vibe planning on doing? Would be really interested as I don't know myself yet you do.

You want to know something Declan I am sick and tired of you! Every time I have a opinion you get on your high horse and think it's fine to talk to me like I'm a piece of shit I have had about enough of you so I will say goodbye to vibe

thanks everyone it's been enjoyable 

2 minutes ago, leecutler said:

You want to know something Declan I am sick and tired of you! Every time I have a opinion you get on your high horse and think it's fine to talk to me like I'm a piece of shit I have had about enough of you so I will say goodbye to vibe

thanks everyone it's been enjoyable 

Nothing wrong with having an opinion but when you try and put yourself on a pedastool with lots of false information then when I tell you it isn't true, but keep on going then you really think I am not going to run out of patience. You were the one on your high horse, not me. The fact is you said you didn't like it then proceeded to say a bunch of shit. Sorry but that is the truth. Not one thing you said after you said you didn't like it was related. Instead you proceeded to tell me what I am planning on doing (though it is wrong) and saying it won't work. But none of it was actually related to the subject. Like this conversation now.

Bye anyway Lee.

I didn't say "this is where vibe is going" I said that's how "I felt" 

you encourage people to have a opinion but when "YOU" don't like there "opinion" you talk to them like shit and shoot them down

yeah bye Declan 

I didn't say "this is where vibe is going" I said that's how "I felt" 

you encourage people to have a opinion but when "YOU" don't like there "opinion" you talk to them like shit and shoot them down

yeah bye Declan 

Totally it Lee, spot on. 5+1 = 17291927 too right?

Why if you feel like that did you continue when I said it wasn't true? Also you said "I know" not "in my opinion" Does every feature have to be related to FMM? If so bye, bye Levelling up.  I have said several times the reasoning yet every time you didn't even answer any of it. Maybe when putting your point across you need to actual listen to the other side not just your own.