Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Explanation of IF (EME)

First of all this explanation is from my own research and some is from @rseven who've already done some trials and had already post some of his results in vibe.

In a lot of posts, i've seen a lot of people said that IF is useless this year and etc. But the real thing is it needs some requirements to  make the IF cut inside and acts like a legit IF.

There are some points we needed to know to make the IF legit and cut inside like a normal IF should be :

1. There is only one IF in your team.

If there is two or more IF in your team, only the IF at AMF position is the one cutting inside 

Screenshot_2016-01-07-18-24-21.thumb.png

In this formation, only IF in AMC position will cut inside, and IF at AML position will drifts outside.

Screenshot_2016-01-07-20-12-35.thumb.png

In this 2 IF formation, those 2 IF will drift outside, nobody will cut inside

2. There is no players at ST at C position

Screenshot_2016-01-07-18-15-28.thumb.png

If there is a striker at the center position, the same thing will happen, the IF will drifts outside like a normal winger does

3. There is no players plays APM at all AMF position 

Screenshot_2016-01-07-18-17-22.thumb.png

In the formation above, the AP roleman will be the one cut inside and go into the penalty box, and IF will drifts outside like a winger

4. There is no player at AMC position, in whichever role the AMC is 

Screenshot_2016-01-07-19-11-40.thumb.png

I've tried with all roles, and the result will be the same, the IF will plays like a usual winger role

If the requirements above is obeyed, we'll see our beloved IF drifts inside into the box, and score A LOT of goals and assists if you get the right strategy.

Here is some example of the tactic where IF can drifts and cut inside

Screenshot_2016-01-07-17-53-39.thumb.png

In this formation IF will cut inside from behind the striker position, so he will play in the right side of the striker

Screenshot_2016-01-07-17-54-09.thumb.png

In this formation IF will drift inside and will be the central striker and the formation will be like a 3 strikers formation

Screenshot_2016-01-07-18-51-41.thumb.png

In this formation IF will be in the left side of the striker when attacking

Screenshot_2016-01-07-19-00-01.thumb.png

In this formation IF will be the same as the  4-3-1-2 in above, the IF will be in the center position in the 3 striker formation

Screenshot_2016-01-07-19-25-34.thumb.png

If there is player in AM position but not in AMC and not an AP roleman, the IF will drift inside and will be in the left side of the striker

We need to note here that IF will be in the striker position when we are having possesion and is attacking, if we are defending, he will come to his normal position in the tactic

Screenshot_2016-01-07-18-44-55.png

Edited by stefanusgoldi

Additional information

1. You can change IF to AP. and you will find AP will cut inside too.

2. AP can be in the MC position to make IF cut inside. But it only works when you put two FC, no FCC. 

Great read ! Thanks mate ! I'll try some tactics in my save to see if they cut inside.

Just to be sure : You just see if your player cuts inside ? There is no way to see it through match statistics ? 

3 hours ago, Toji said:

Great read ! Thanks mate ! I'll try some tactics in my save to see if they cut inside.

Just to be sure : You just see if your player cuts inside ? There is no way to see it through match statistics ? 

from shot numbers, you can see.

On 1/8/2016 at 17:05, Ben Allingham said:

Great guide!

Thanks mate

On 1/8/2016 at 19:12, Toji said:

Glad you liked it mate! 

Yes, just like @rseven said, you can see it when the game shows the pitch, or from shoots statistic, but still i focused on when the game shows the pitch because its when we can really see if the IF cuts or no

Great advice fella, its really helped me improve my tactic, using some of your advice i've taken my team much higher and with much better results than i could have hoped for

On 1/8/2016 at 17:06, rseven said:

from shot numbers, you can see.

On 1/10/2016 at 06:51, stefanusgoldi said:

Thanks mate

Glad you liked it mate! 

Yes, just like @rseven said, you can see it when the game shows the pitch, or from shoots statistic, but still i focused on when the game shows the pitch because its when we can really see if the IF cuts or no

Yeah, I had one formation with 3 IF (one on each side and one in the middle). Only the one in the middle did enough shots.

I'll try some others :)

On 1/20/2016 at 19:27, ADNANJANUZAJMOYES said:

So if lets say you use the 41221 with the striker on either side.. can you have any of the 2 cms as apms?

you can have your IF cut inside with an APM in CM posisition if you are playing 2 strikers in FC(L) and FC(R) position mate, just as @rseven said 

On 1/20/2016 at 00:46, georgeapushd7 said:

Good advice. Thanks for posting!

On 1/11/2016 at 14:51, Taff said:

Great advice fella, its really helped me improve my tactic, using some of your advice i've taken my team much higher and with much better results than i could have hoped for

glad you guys like it mate :D

I've just posted a new tactic and with your advice it has worked wonders for me (i did put a thanks to you and rseven in the description

Check it out Tafftastic 442 attacking (with working IF)

Edited by Taff

yes I've already checked it out and am using it on my fc united save

it's really a great tactic mate @Taff

glad it really worked on you mate, just wanted to make the others know about IF here

9 hours ago, ADNANJANUZAJMOYES said:

With the fcl and fcr do the player roles matter?

As I know, no matter for the roles for two FCs.

Will the IF cut inside if i have an APM in CM position?

Btw, whats the diference between APM and DLP?

In CM Position, which would work better?

Am i able to have both APM and DLP in CM positions(with a working IF at L or R side)?

2 hours ago, FabriDarkZz said:

Will the IF cut inside if i have an APM in CM position?

Btw, whats the diference between APM and DLP?

In CM Position, which would work better?

Am i able to have both APM and DLP in CM positions(with a working IF at L or R side)?

For APM in MC position, it is much more complex.

Based on my experience, for 4-2-2-2(Attacking 4-4-2), APM at MC postion doesn't impact IF to cut inside.

For some other formation, APM at MC postion maybe impact IF cut inside.

This is a problem that was already found internally (along with a few more positional 'quirks' with the AMC position) and should be fixed in the next update. Nicely spotted though!

Note: CM APMs will also cause IFs problems if you are playing with a lone striker. AMC/R/L APMs will stop IFs in any formation. Similarly, APMs will also make attacking runs if not interfered with by other roles.

As I said, should be fixed in the next update. So hopefully you won't have to do these workarounds for too much longer!

On 1/27/2016 at 19:18, Jack Joyce said:

This is a problem that was already found internally (along with a few more positional 'quirks' with the AMC position) and should be fixed in the next update. Nicely spotted though!

Note: CM APMs will also cause IFs problems if you are playing with a lone striker. AMC/R/L APMs will stop IFs in any formation. Similarly, APMs will also make attacking runs if not interfered with by other roles.

As I said, should be fixed in the next update. So hopefully you won't have to do these workarounds for too much longer!

I hope the updates can be more frequent with regards to fixes. Like this positional issue, one has to play knowing some roles/ position plays not what you thought it is, and have to find strange ways to work around it. It takes away the fun.

Would a AF in the st position with two wingers and an if in the amc spot work with a apm and dlp in the cm spots like this

AF

W               IF                 W

APM        DLP