Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is Alexandre Pato The Right Man For Liverpool?

Ashez

Is Alexandre Pato The Right Man For Liverpool?

Alexandre Pato has been linked to Liverpool for a number of weeks now and the rumours will not disappear. In the past few days the links between the two have become even stronger with the Brazilian international turning down a Chinese second division side claiming he wants game time at a decent level and not money. While I feel this is purely one of the players six, yes six agents trying to drum up interest I decided to take a look at him in game to see if this deal makes any sense. 

Real Life

In real life Pato has had a hit and miss career so far with many people feeling he's failed to live up to his potential. During his time in Europe with AC Milan the forward managed a decent return of 63 goals in 150 appearances but his time at the club was ruined by recurring injuries and his questionable attitude. His injuries have stole some of his attributes with things like his pace suffering but his party lifestyle is one of the main reason for his time in Italy deemed as a failure, it's even the cause of the breakup of his marriage. 

Since returning back to Brazil the player has managed to stay somewhat clear of injuries and seems to be back to his goal scoring best managing 55 goals in 157 appearances. Corinthian's fans however have shown plenty of anger towards the forward as his form was patchy as he missed a number of important chances for the club. The club changed manager in the 2014 season and the new man in change didn't fancy Pato who found himself sent on loan to São Paulo. During his two year spell at São Paulo the forward found the back of the net 38 times in 95 appearances. 

His goal scoring form isn't bad and he'll be entering his peak form soon judging on age but his signing seems extremely risky. Questions will need to be answered to see if he's outgrown his party boy lifestyle while you also have to worry about his previous injury issues with Liverpool already struggling with Sturridge. His form was steady in Italy but we've seen in the past how players who've performed in Italy struggle with the physicality of the Premier League with players like Dossena and Borini failing to live up to the hype.

Does He Have The Stats To Suit Klopp?

3GcVMTq.jpg

Looking at Pato's attacking stats he does look rather tasty as he has 18 dribbling, 17 shooting, 19 movement, 17 creativity and technique. However Klopp will demand more than a poacher in his first team forward as Benteke has found out and it appears Pato lacks the stamina, teamwork and aggression to press from the front. However the fact he can play across the attacking line makes him somewhat appealing as does his decent amount of pace. 

A Simulation

We've looked at his stats and how he's done in real life but let's also do a simulation to see how SI think he'd get on at Liverpool. 

Dig5f3m.jpg

As I don't have the editor I did a work around to do this tests, I started as LFC manager, signed Pato and resigned and thankfully the AI replaced me with Klopp. Klopp was in charge by the first game and the only input I had on the save was signing the Brazilian. After I left Klopp sold Coutinho and brought in Valero

Liverpool's Season

Premier League: 5th

Europa League: Second Round

FA Cup: 4th Round

League Cup: 3rd Round

Klopp endured a difficult first season at Liverpool as he failed to win anything or break into the top four. However with Chelsea being "the real Chelsea" finishing behind them, City, Arsenal and United can be seen as somewhat respectable, the fact Sturridge was true to form by picking up a four month injury almost instantly also didn't help. 

Pato Vs Current Strikers

ejXMl2k.jpg

Matches Played

Klopp played a 41212 wide diamond but it was Ings who was his first choice playing 44 games. Benteke and Sturridge were next in line with both players making 29 appearances for the club. Pato managed to make 22 appearances for Klopp's Reds which is the same amount as Origi who was seen as fourth choice at the start of the save. 

Creativity

Ings was the second most creative player in the squad picking up 10 assists while Benteke and Sturridge both managed 5 each. This time however Pato managed to "outshine" Origi as he managed 2 assists compared to the Belgium's 1. 

Average Rating

Sturridge was Liverpool's best player by some margin as he received a very solid 7.62. Benteke was next in line with 7.31 and Ings got 7.18. Once again we're looking at a head to head between Origi and our featured Brazilian and it is the Brazilian who comes out on top with a poor 6.77 compared to Origi's 6.68. 

Goals

Goals are what counts and what all strikers will be judged on but Pato failed to set the world alight, although he started brightly scoring 4 goals in 5 he ended the season with just 9. Ings was Klopp's main striker as the Englishman slotted home 22 times while the injury prone Sturridge hit 16. Benteke also matched the 9 provided by Pato but his Belgium partner Origi didn't register a single goal. 

Z8FFI7U.jpg

Conclusion

Pato is a player I've always avoided in game due to his injury issues, his stats scream quality but I've never seen him realise it. He cost me a staggering £19.5 million with the club originally wanting £22 million so in my personal opinion I'd look else where as you can get much better value for money in game. Pato basically managed one in every two by the AI so I'm sure he can do better under a human manager but £20m is very steep for an injury prone striker who managed a very poor average rating. In real life reports suggest the deal is worth around €15 million but it's a massive gamble and with players like Balotelli still on our books I hope the club has learnt their lesson and isn't planning on rolling the dice on a risky signing. 

What do you think though?Do you like Pato in game? Would you sign him if you were playing as Liverpool? Please let your views and opinions be known! 

As always thank you for following and please remember to leave a comment.

Signing a player with injury problems is always risky. In my opinion I don't know why Liverpool need a striker, they have Benteke and Origi plus with Sturridge on the books still he will chip in every now and again. £12.5m for what would/should be third or fourth choice is just bizarre and the potential he has to be another Sturridge is too high. They have Ings too when he comes back. A lot of money for 6 months.

Great write up though, very interesting. Nice work Ash.

Brilliant piece of content here Ashez, as always!! I wouldn't mind pato tbh, as long as his injury problems are non-existent these days, I remember when Milan signed him years ago, I was devastated as he had so much potential to be one of if not the best, luckily we didn't miss out on much lol, as sad as I am to say this we need to fetch some money in for Sturrridge before it's too late, we desperately need a player of Sturridge and Pato's quality and potential with the time on the sidelines decreased dramatically!! I believe in klopp to do the right thing by Liverpool, how long it may take I really don't know. We will be a force again soon enough though imo! Hopefully haha ?

Great article mate, a really top work

Yes he was one of the hot prospect in the football life, but it is some years ago and i don't think a reason why liverpool should sign him tbh, yes he got some nice attributes in fmm and some nice result in real life but his up and down performances and his injury prone trait is really risky to sign him, with addition that liverpool already have some nice strikers for now and for the future.

But still sometimes football is a gamble too, who knows if Klopp sign him, he can be the next suarez or the next torres who scores a lot for liverpool. But still in my opinion for fmm, around £20m only for pato is not worth it.

Very well written and the if Klopp can get him in cheep then he might be worth it. I have seen him a few time this season and he still has that something about him. I think he has about 10 goals this season so he has out scored all of Liverpools striker's However he has played more games.

10 hours ago, Dec said:

Signing a player with injury problems is always risky. In my opinion I don't know why Liverpool need a striker, they have Benteke and Origi plus with Sturridge on the books still he will chip in every now and again. £12.5m for what would/should be third or fourth choice is just bizarre and the potential he has to be another Sturridge is too high. They have Ings too when he comes back. A lot of money for 6 months.

Great write up though, very interesting. Nice work Ash.

Benteke is an interesting one, while he is scoring his performances have been awful. He's a very static striker which doesn't suit Klopp's style of play or our narrow players like Coutinho. I like Benteke and I want him to do well but the writing might be on the wall there, a stupidly expensive impact sub or someone we'll take another massive loss on. For my money Sturridge is one of the best strikers in Europe, the issue is obviously his fitness but hopefully Klopp's sports sience back ground can get him playing again but due to his high pace and impact style he'll always get muscle issues. Ings is the wildcard as he suits Klopp's style perfectly work rate wise but as we won't see him until next season the issue of his quality remains unanswered, while Origi is extremely raw but has bags of potential. We just can't break teams down at the moment and a lot of that is we have no out and out striker who's up to the task, if someone comes in you can see Origi going on loan next season to a PL side. 

7 hours ago, Risheek said:

Top Work Ash, 

Liverpool would've been my favourite team if not for me falling in love with UTD at a really tender age, so I do stay up to date about them as well. Pato, is an injury- prone player. I,myself, try never to take the risk in game, but I catch myself stealing some of them from here clubs seeing their stats. And my take is if Klopp feels he's good, he should be off to Liverpool. When it comes to injuries, his injuries have decreased over Tye years, so I don't think it should affect Klopp's decision. When it comes to his attitude, I am lost. I haven't done much research on him

once again, Great Work!

The only use for Pato in game IMO is he's worth a decent amount so he's excellent to use to get some easy cash in Brazil lol. 

6 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

Brilliant piece of content here Ashez, as always!! I wouldn't mind pato tbh, as long as his injury problems are non-existent these days, I remember when Milan signed him years ago, I was devastated as he had so much potential to be one of if not the best, luckily we didn't miss out on much lol, as sad as I am to say this we need to fetch some money in for Sturrridge before it's too late, we desperately need a player of Sturridge and Pato's quality and potential with the time on the sidelines decreased dramatically!! I believe in klopp to do the right thing by Liverpool, how long it may take I really don't know. We will be a force again soon enough though imo! Hopefully haha ?

Selling Sturridge is a daft idea, we'll never get any value for him! No club in their right mind would give us a decent fee for him. He's better off seeing out his contract as when he can play he's outstanding. He has been massively mismanaged recently so hopefully Klopp can sort him out and this preseason he's doing now fixes some of the issues. Remember RVP after all. 

Rodgers signed some total crap which we're stuck with, everyone moaned about the committee but their signings were spot on compared to Rodgers' (Balo aside, you could throw Marko into the convo but Rodgers destroyed him and he seems to be another player we'll take a big hit on). Once Klopp has sorted out the squad and built a side that can play in his image we'll have something about us again for sure. 

4 hours ago, stefanusgoldi said:

Great article mate, a really top work

Yes he was one of the hot prospect in the football life, but it is some years ago and i don't think a reason why liverpool should sign him tbh, yes he got some nice attributes in fmm and some nice result in real life but his up and down performances and his injury prone trait is really risky to sign him, with addition that liverpool already have some nice strikers for now and for the future.

But still sometimes football is a gamble too, who knows if Klopp sign him, he can be the next suarez or the next torres who scores a lot for liverpool. But still in my opinion for fmm, around £20m only for pato is not worth it.

Well said mate, personally I wouldn't go near Pato in real life or in game. In game he's way to expensive and one of the main reasons he's being forced out of Brazil is because the club know they can make a decent fee on him as he's on form. Suarez and Torres have/had more talent in their one boot than Pato lol. When Balo was signed I was optimistic, if Pato comes in I don't even think I could muster that lol. 

24 minutes ago, JustM1kePlays said:

Very well written and the if Klopp can get him in cheep then he might be worth it. I have seen him a few time this season and he still has that something about him. I think he has about 10 goals this season so he has out scored all of Liverpools striker's However he has played more games.

That's also in Brazil lol. Tbh his Italy results were more impressive than I remembered but I'm not convinced by him. Who was the last player to do well in Italy and the Premier League? I know all LFC's signings from there have been duds lol. The same can be said from Brazil in fairness, I don't recall anyone who's moved from Brazil at an older age who delivered. The only slight cause for optimism would be he'd have Coutinho, Firmino and Lucas to help him but Firmino still hasn't settled and I can see Coutinho jumping ship in the summer, especially if we fall short of the top four. 

Anyway thank you for the fantastic feedback, views and opinions lads. Nothing I love more than reading your guys comments :) 

47 minutes ago, TheLukster100 said:

Klopp stated that Liverpool aren`t targeting Pato

This was posted before that but then managers have said they aren't going to sign them then they have.

11 minutes ago, Dec said:

This was posted before that but then managers have said they aren't going to sign them then they have.

Yes I realise that I was just stating that Klopp wasn't going to sign him

Rodgers said we weren't signing Balo, a week later we did lol. Anyway as it stands I'm delighted Klopp has silenced the rumours and I hope it stays that way, as I said I believe it's just his agents begging for attention. 

6 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Rodgers said we weren't signing Balo, a week later we did lol. Anyway as it stands I'm delighted Klopp has silenced the rumours and I hope it stays that way, as I said I believe it's just his agents begging for attention. 

That's Rodgers we`re talking about there :laugh: jks Yeah I agree to be honest

Quality read!

For me Benteke just isn't cutting the mustard for Liverpool he looks pretty bad, Ings doesn't really get a chance, Origi is still adapting to the premier league and Sturridge is always injured.

Pato imo is not the answer I think it would be a very risky transfer if it was to happen and the £12.5 Coukd be spent else where,.

Thanks Lee :) 

Benteke has basically been what most fans expected, he doesn't look interested in changing to our style and we won't change for his. Our midfielders are all narrow and want runs, not someone who's static after high balls etc. He's always standing still and in the wrong place :@. While his stats are class in game I've ran into similar issues as even in game he struggles for me. 

Ings is out until next season, Origi looked good after he was dropped but his injury got in the way and Sturridge is made of glass lol. Thankfully all three are solid in game with Ings being surprisingly good. 

Firmino is doing some job currently and seems to be finding his feet, he also plays better with Coutinho so he could be even better once he's back. 

It does appear we are currently looking else where and for different positions now thankfully :) 

13 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Thanks Lee :) 

Benteke has basically been what most fans expected, he doesn't look interested in changing to our style and we won't change for his. Our midfielders are all narrow and want runs, not someone who's static after high balls etc. He's always standing still and in the wrong place :@. While his stats are class in game I've ran into similar issues as even in game he struggles for me. 

Ings is out until next season, Origi looked good after he was dropped but his injury got in the way and Sturridge is made of glass lol. Thankfully all three are solid in game with Ings being surprisingly good. 

Firmino is doing some job currently and seems to be finding his feet, he also plays better with Coutinho so he could be even better once he's back. 

It does appear we are currently looking else where and for different positions now thankfully :) 

There are many players that Liverpool are looking at but Loic Remy apparently will be made available for loan by chelsea, although would be tough for chelsea to Kia him to Liverpool I think he would do a great job until the end of the season

i have watched Liverpool many times this year (as the gf supports them) I think defensively they look a bit weak, although coming back from 3-1 down to win 5-4 against Norwich was a suberb game lets be honest it's just Norwhich and at times Your team looked pretty bad at the back.

Firminho the last 2 games has showed what he can actually do and if he continues to play like that and you buy another striker and also with Coutinho coming back you would have a very aggressive attacking 3

After the way we treated Remy I doubt he'd even consider us either way lol. 

Defensively we need a leader and a new keeper desperately tbh.