Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Tafftastic 442 Attacking (with working IF)

Taff

3 hours ago, Alice in Hangeland said:

Going to try this as my first ever EME save on FMM16 Taff. Will use Inter as I got sacked by them recently on a OME save and feel like some retribution!

They have a very good squad to start with, only thing I'm struggling with is who to play at the TM role. Icardi, Jovetic, Palacio and Longo are my strikers with none of them particularly suited to a TM and Icardi far too precious to not be the main goal scorer. 

I've looked at Lukaku and Negredo but Everton and Valencia both want £40m+ for them. Arsenal want £31m for Giroud. Other options are Mandzukic (again, stupid price tag), Andy Carroll who i just don't fancy or Jhon Cordoba who will probably be who I end up with as I want to save some money to improve the full-backs where Inter are pretty weak. Any suggestions for hidden gem TM's? 

Cheers :D

I recommend Sebastian Polter from QPR should be able to pick him up for 6-7M

Also Lord Nicolas Bendtner comes recommended from Wolfsburg 

i also recommend Adam Szalani  (Hoffenheim) or Michael Frey (LOSC) as other options but the Polter or Bendtner are first options

23 minutes ago, Lav50 said:

True,what makes Bendtner so great as TM on FMM is his nose for goal,always in right place at the right time

Sorry Lav50 I forgot it was you who recommended Bendtner. I'm about to start a new save and find out if he can help me out at TM.

I've used this tactic for my Juventus save and have had 2 unbeaten season (I also used a 4-4-2 Diamond formation so teams didn't get used to the way we played too much) but it worked incredibly! The IFs (firstly Pavón and Matheus Pereira then Neymar when I bought him) were great. I started using this about 3-4 seasons in so my team had really gelled so trying a new tactic was a bit risky but I had some huge results, beating the 'big' teams 5 or 6-0 etc.

Thanks Taff!

3 hours ago, Condo said:

I've used this tactic for my Juventus save and have had 2 unbeaten season (I also used a 4-4-2 Diamond formation so teams didn't get used to the way we played too much) but it worked incredibly! The IFs (firstly Pavón and Matheus Pereira then Neymar when I bought him) were great. I started using this about 3-4 seasons in so my team had really gelled so trying a new tactic was a bit risky but I had some huge results, beating the 'big' teams 5 or 6-0 etc.

Thanks Taff!

Just glad it worked for you

Finished first season using this tactic with Inter. 

Won Serie A title on goal difference. Napoli and Juve ran me really close and then Roma sprang out of nowhere! 

Won the treble Manager, Player, Young Player awards at the end of the season. 

Had a good start but then quite a few issues in the middle of the season with a lot of draws and losses and disappointing performances. Some of it was due to Icardi, Jovetic, Ljajic and Cordoba struggling to stay fit, and quite a lot of it has to do with almost every side in Italy playing either 5 at the back or the dreaded 4-4-1-1 (I can't touch Juve's 4-4-1-1 with this tactic yet). Inter also lack the proper roles in their CM's from the start. There isn't a BBM or AP available for the CM roles to start with so I used Kondogbia/Medel as the BBM and Brozovic/Teixeira as the AP. Probably would have been more consistent with more suitable CM's. 

Stuck with it and dropped Icardi and Cordoba's training intensity to keep them fit and the tactic came really good at the end of the season. 

I know it doesn't need saying as everybody on here already knows this, but Yarmolenko is an absolute monster, and it's so satisfying to see the IF actually working, both via the stats and actually watching him cut inside like he's supposed to on the match view. 

I am a little concerned that my TM outperformed my P in goals, assists and average rating, in fact Icardi actually had a pretty poor season and didn't ever seem to be involved in the games very much. Perhaps he simply needs a few seasons of training before he starts performing? 

MVP was Yarmolenko obviously, but my recommendation is Jhon Cordoba for the TM role. He prefers to be the P but he suits TM going by @Dec's Key Attributes for the TM role and he was superb for me. Only issue with him is he doesn't enjoy Intensive Attacking Training at all and I had to drop tactics, defensive and motivational sections to keep him happy. Would add him to the list of notable TM's for this tactic. 

9/10 tactic that would highly recommend anybody to try and I will stick with it with huge anticipation of how unstoppable it could be once I mould the Inter side to better suit the roles. Thanks Taff :D

Screenshot_2016-02-10-21-05-33.png

Screenshot_2016-02-10-21-05-11.png

Screenshot_2016-02-10-21-05-44.png

Screenshot_2016-02-10-21-05-48.png

Screenshot_2016-02-10-21-05-54.png

Screenshot_2016-02-10-21-06-06.png

Screenshot_2016-02-10-21-06-12.png

Screenshot_2016-02-10-21-06-20.png

Screenshot_2016-02-10-21-06-33.png

Screenshot_2016-02-10-21-06-46.png

Screenshot_2016-02-10-21-07-02.png

Screenshot_2016-02-10-21-07-05.png

Screenshot_2016-02-10-21-22-26.png

I dont know what it is about the Nov-Jan section but everyone i think has the same issues with the dip in performance during that stage of the season, but i'm really chuffed with the 9/10 rating mate means a lot to me considering i'm in no way a tactic genius like Ashez or Dec.

You've just inspired me to come back and use this tactic again.  Think i'll give Italy a go maybe Roma

By all means experiment with the player roles, you may find something that works better

I've used De Bryne in the past as the AP in Midfield but he may also work as the IF with Sterling as the W

By the way found another decent TM young guy by the name of Andres Cornelius from FC Kobenhaven in Denmark

Currently doing the "Follow the Zlat" challenge" with this tactic which you can follow in Stories and i bought him in my second season with Ajax for £5M and at the beginning of December he was up to 20 goals already as my TM

I use Dec's intensive training religiously 

although half my players end up not liking there regime so I put them on technical (which is unaltered)

but it's worth using as you'll see most people use it and it helps develop players quicker

Well, I take 2 minutes to post results as promised. Been using this tactic with Monaco for 3 1/2 seasons now, sometimes alternating BBM and AP, it's working great : 4 Champions League ! Thanks a lot for the tips !
Screenshot_20160216-143011.thumb.png.cf8

Screenshot_20160216-144206.thumb.png.31a

Goals:

56c335e1dbdc5_Screenshot_20160216-153657

Assists:

56c335e5a1a69_Screenshot_20160216-15372956c335ec2ca8b_Screenshot_20160216-153930

Edited by Gonzolito
Added goals, passes, and end of Ligue 1 2019-2020
1 hour ago, Gonzolito said:

Well, I take 2 minutes to post results as promised. Been using this tactic with Monaco for 3 1/2 seasons now, sometimes alternating BBM and AP, it's working great : 4 Champions League ! Thanks a lot for the tips !
Screenshot_20160216-143011.thumb.png.cf8

Screenshot_20160216-144206.thumb.png.31a

Goals:

56c335e1dbdc5_Screenshot_20160216-153657

Assists:

56c335e5a1a69_Screenshot_20160216-15372956c335ec2ca8b_Screenshot_20160216-153930

Dude that is fantastic work well done. 

Curious what you change the BBM and AP too if you alter them?

In fact I read a topic (I don't remember which) where someone exchanged the BBM and the AP and said it worked well. So on January, trying to counter the usual "January curse" I decided to switch them. I put the BBM on the left and the AP on the right. It worked quite well, and randomly I switch them again for a "suprise effect" against teams who know me too well. I don't really know if it works but at least it does not have a negative effect.

Not sure I wouldn't think so but whenever I use a BWM or DLP they rarely get higher than a 7 rating.

That being said it could be worth a try I'll give it a go in my current save and report back

OK guys after using this tactic in my Follow the Zlat attempt I have made 3 major changes that seem to be working for me (bear in mind that I'm having to use some of the best teams in Europe for this challenge) so I would love to know if these changes work for everyone else.

1. As per the suggestion by Rseven I have switched the BBM and AP so that the AP is always on the same side as the W and the BBM is the same side as the IF

2. Changed the LD to a CD so now I have two CD in the heart of my defence 

3. Turn pressing off, as I find my players leaving big gaps when their trying to press the opposition

Here's some screen shots

IMG_4934.thumb.PNG.8bfd01a2e67278b9f43f6IMG_4935.thumb.PNG.e3d89039ae6c52b56eb89

So try these changes and let me know how you get on 

16 minutes ago, Taff said:

OK guys after using this tactic in my Follow the Zlat attempt I have made 3 major changes that seem to be working for me (bear in mind that I'm having to use some of the best teams in Europe for this challenge) so I would love to know if these changes work for everyone else.

1. As per the suggestion by Rseven I have switched the BBM and AP so that the AP is always on the same side as the W and the BBM is the same side as the IF

2. Changed the LD to a CD so now I have two CD in the heart of my defence 

3. Turn pressing off, as I find my players leaving big gaps when their trying to press the opposition

Here's some screen shots

IMG_4934.thumb.PNG.8bfd01a2e67278b9f43f6IMG_4935.thumb.PNG.e3d89039ae6c52b56eb89

So try these changes and let me know how you get on 

Is using on the 7.2 update? Thanks

1 minute ago, mikeyboy11 said:

Is using on the 7.2 update? Thanks

Yes I believe so my phone does automatic updates but I think I'm using the new version, but only recently and I've been using these changes for a while now

Cheers. I'm man city at the moment and got Aguero and Higuian up front. Would either of these be suitable for the TM up front? 

Also do you make any changes when losing or needing a goal?

thanks