Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vibe What I personally would love to have on the site!

Jersey.Number.9

Well, today, I took myself back to the past when I used to make websites. I remember this one thing I did to it which I LOVED :) It's called a online radio server ;) I would love to see something like this on the site, and it would entertain more users with the ability to speak to the users via radio :) I remember I found some code to embed a media player on it but you have to link it to a server somehow and I did it at one stage but this was a good 4 years ago ;)

Comment about the idea as I would love to here from you about it :)

There are podcasts being done at the moment. Or do you want it live, as in people can like send live messages in which they can answer?

I want it that people can listen to music if they want to and say if I was doing this, I could play my save throughout the time im connected and people can leave messages. If I cannot get the messages, just do it on the forums ;)

Im trying a simple way at the moment and if it works, will go onto the player being added into the site.

So would it just be a live playlist? Or would you need host on, because doing a live radio broadcast long hours is a lot of commitment :P

I wouldn't use it at all because i always listen to my own music. If people want music, there is this little thing called iTunes

I don't see the point of this sorry. People who will use this website will either be on their smart phones (won't be available) or on their computer (iTunes, Youtube etc... available) and as I like Indie Rock and Franco likes Dubstep you will have to get a mixture of music which will never please everyone so why not allow them to listen to their own via iTunes and such.

Also the loading time will slow down a lot and for me that is a big thing as we want Windows 98 to run this website as well as Windows 7. Also the memory could go to more features related to FMH or downloads etc...

I don't see where memory comes into play here.

Not everyone has windows/mac/iTunes.

Supporting 98 is rubbish, even knoppix from back then would run faster on equivalent hardware.

It would slow down loading speeds; assuming one was still on 56kbs dial-up perhaps, but with general slow downs due to that speed it won't affect anything much.

I don't see why 98 can't support it.

A more valid excuse is licensing. Anyways I listen to my music via a handy command line tool called mplayer. Much less hassle than iTunes as on Linux I simply need to:

<ctrl+alt+f1>

<login>

mplayer /home/me/my_music/The\ Alarm/Declaratopn/*

Soo much simpler to use my huge ripped collection than buying a of Apples DRMed music in a lossy MP3 format; MP3 sounds foul anyway compared to flac.

Perhaps a playlist of the podcasts being available, and being presented like a radio show? Not as in "hi this is 'whatever' hour on vibe fm" :L but as in "(user's name)'s tactic discussion" etc so users on Vibe can record their views, upload and share, while listening to others user's opinions on different topics.

I think it is intresting but due to different accents and how hard it is for some to record I think forums is the best way to do it, easier to understand for non-primary English speakers and it could be hard to moderate. I will look into something though such as a podcast.