Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Atletico Madrid - FMM16

Hi everyone, and welcome to my first ever post on Vibe! As you can guess from the title, I'll be posting updates from my Atletico Madrid save. Hope you like it! Please feel free to leave any advice you may have in the replies. In this post I'll just be updating with where I am now. After this I'll be updating after the January transfer window, at the end of the season, after the first transfer window of  next season and so on. In this save I am limiting myself to only buying Spanish players. 

Here are my transfers in/out...
Screenshot_2016-04-05-09-58-12.png.63e4dScreenshot_2016-04-05-09-58-20.png.104b2

I'm happy with my transfers, especially Morata, who has done quite well! 
Screenshot_2016-04-05-10-18-49.png.2aaa6

I'm playing with this formation at the moment, I didn't particularly like my L/R options in defence, so I decided to just go with 3 at the back. I would prefer 4 though, and I will eventually change to a back 4. (Any advice about changes to player roles would be appreciated! I'm not great at choosing them)
Screenshot_2016-04-05-10-00-25.png.06c32

My record isn't too bad, not far off the top of the table.
Screenshot_2016-04-05-09-58-04.png.05093Screenshot_2016-04-05-09-57-24.png.6d8b0

I'm really enjoying this save already. I have had some poor results... :( 
Screenshot_2016-04-05-09-57-52.png.24558

But I've had some great results as well! :) 
.Screenshot_2016-04-05-09-57-58.png.b7c91

Anyway, that's about it for this update, and if you're still reading to this point, then thank you!

Until next time! :) 

Edited by Aaron55

Not convinced 35 Million on Thiago was money well spent as there are cheaper alternatives. All that being said nice first post...... beat Barcelona 8-0... well done. Looking forward to the next part. 

Yeah I know, it was quite a lot wasn't it :/  I should have probably spent a bit longer looking at other options. 

And I'm glad you think it's a good first post :) 

Never signed thiago for that exact reason same with pogba. But both are amazing players.

Best of luck looks like a quality save keep us updated.

Morata is an absolute monster, seems to thrive in any tactic!

Before the update I would have suggested changing the attacking roles as 2 IF's won't work with a AP in the middle, but now I don't think it matters too much. 

Perhaps one of your AP's in the center changed to CM to offer a bit more cover? 

Edited by Alice in Hangeland

Welcome :) 

Thiago is an interesting player, a player I used to hate on FMH but last year during my Bayern save he really convinced me for the first time he's mustard. Haven't used him this year so looking forward to see how he does. 

23 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Welcome :) 

Thiago is an interesting player, a player I used to hate on FMH but last year during my Bayern save he really convinced me for the first time he's mustard. Haven't used him this year so looking forward to see how he does. 

Buyern is such a tempting save! Ive smashed it up with dortmund before.

17 hours ago, Alice in Hangeland said:

Morata is an absolute monster, seems to thrive in any tactic!

Before the update I would have suggested changing the attacking roles as 2 IF's won't work with a AP in the middle, but now I don't think it matters too much. 

Perhaps one of your AP's in the center changed to CM to offer a bit more cover? 

Yeah, Morata is amazing! One of the reasons I chose to manage in Spain was so I could sign him (I've been limiting myself to only buying players of the same nationality as the country I'm managing in)

And that sounds like a good idea, I'll do that.

January 2016 Update  - End of transfer window

First of all I'd like to congratulate Alvaro Morata for beating Lionel Messi to win the World Player of the Year Award :) 
Screenshot_2016-04-06-12-14-06.png.f383f

And then here's my updated transfers in/out (Regarding transfers in, remember I am limiting myself to only buying Spanish players). I've bought in two more defensive players, Marc Muniesa and David Carmona, because as you'll see later on in the post, I'm now playing with 4 at the back. I didn't want to spend that much on Carmona, his stats are quite average, but the scout report was very good, and he is only 19, so should have plenty of time to develop.  I also sold a few older or unused players to help fund these transfers. Those players were Guilavogui, Partey, Siqueira and Hector.  I also did p/ex deals to get rid of a couple of other players I wasn't using, and to help keep my wage budget down.
Screenshot_2016-04-07-07-29-15.png.2de3eScreenshot_2016-04-07-07-30-21.png.36fdc

So, like I said, with the addition of those two defensive players, plus bringing back a right back that was on loan (Manquillo), I am now playing 4 at the back. Here are the two formations I'll mainly use, depending on what team I am playing.
Screenshot_2016-04-07-07-23-26.png.87633Screenshot_2016-04-07-07-24-51.png.d18ef

My form has been decent, although I did have a disappointing 5th round exit from the Spanish Cup, beaten by Zaragoza... :(
Screenshot_2016-04-06-20-46-25.png.100d2

But I'm doing well in the Champions League, easily getting through the group stage, and have Benfica in the next round.
Screenshot_2016-04-06-12-03-50.png.73c6e

And in the last game I played before this update, two late goals gave me what could prove to be a vital victory against Real Madrid, keeping me within a reasonable distance of the league leaders.
Screenshot_2016-04-07-07-17-38.png.731feScreenshot_2016-04-07-07-27-32.png.1fdaa

And lastly, here's my Manager Profile so far...
Screenshot_2016-04-07-07-20-22.png.2ce26

Thank you for reading :D 

On Friday, June 17, 2016 at 21:01, Massey127 said:

Hi, is this save still going?

Sorry for the really late reply, not been on Vibe for ages! Unfortunately I don't have this save anymore, lost it when I got a new phone.