Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat To Football Manager Mobile Fans (about the Community)

Dec

UPDATE! A full post about this is found later on in this thread or click the link here.

Hi all, please check out this video explaining the current situation of the FMM Community and how you can help. Thanks

Just now, rseven said:

What did you say in vedio?

My listening...is poor.

How we as a Community need more content creators, discussions and also likes/comments. We need people to be proactive, whether this is on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Baidu or here.

My friend is starting a blog about FM you can check it out https://fmmworld.wordpress.com 

1 hour ago, Dec said:

How we as a Community need more content creators, discussions and also likes/comments. We need people to be proactive, whether this is on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Baidu or here.

The blog is not completed yet but he'll appreciate it if we all support him

Ill be totally honest, I tried to make a League and miserably failed completely :S But yeh, the guides are very informative and I have downloaded some stuff and it is of great quality  

1 hour ago, Dar J said:

My friend is starting a blog about FM you can check it out https://fmmworld.wordpress.com 

The blog is not completed yet but he'll appreciate it if we all support him

Get him to contact me please. It is really hard to start a blog up, I think he would and we would benefit much more from his work going to audience here

I think the ones that already have some knowledge of the game or how things work are keeping it to themselves. There should be more tutorials and more knowledge sharing from the "senior" members to help new members which in the future will create more content or help newer members. 

Another thing I feel can help is more promotion and expansion. The audience you're targeting is very small. FMM already has few players. If there is some way you can tell them there exists a community to discuss the game, maybe more people will join. For expansion, you can maybe create a separate section for FM. The main focus of the community must be on the mobile version but if someone wants to discuss the PC version, they are also welcome.

9 minutes ago, vbase said:

I think the ones that already have some knowledge of the game or how things work are keeping it to themselves. There should be more tutorials and more knowledge sharing from the "senior" members to help new members which in the future will create more content or help newer members. 

Another thing I feel can help is more promotion and expansion. The audience you're targeting is very small. FMM already has few players. If there is some way you can tell them there exists a community to discuss the game, maybe more people will join. For expansion, you can maybe create a separate section for FM. The main focus of the community must be on the mobile version but if someone wants to discuss the PC version, they are also welcome.

We used to have the senior members posting guides and have a lot of guides on the site. However the issue is no one seems to be willing to step into their shoes, the game is very limited. We cover nearly every section from guides from the previous years. The issue is the content that is a little more relaxed that anyone can create. This is lacking.

FM PC section - tried to before, didn't work. It won't help the FMM community not die, it may kill it quicker. Jumping ship to another game isn't the answer here. There is so much on them games it would just take over focus.

As for marketing, anything you can suggest please? We have nearly every social media possible with 70,000 people here, 10,000 on a Facebook page and 2,000 on Twitter. The views we get on here are great, so it isn't about attracting an audience, it seems to be about attracting the right audience to create. This really is the problem as everyone wants to consume but not produce.

Final point is why should the senior members produce only? They discovered the site first but that is it. Their opinion is as valid as someone who signed up today. Everyone can produce and should if they are inclined. 

4 minutes ago, Dec said:

We used to have the senior members posting guides and have a lot of guides on the site. However the issue is no one seems to be willing to step into their shoes, the game is very limited. We cover nearly every section from guides from the previous years. The issue is the content that is a little more relaxed that anyone can create. This is lacking.

FM PC section - tried to before, didn't work. It won't help the FMM community not die, it may kill it quicker. Jumping ship to another game isn't the answer here. There is so much on them games it would just take over focus.

As for marketing, anything you can suggest please? We have nearly every social media possible with 70,000 people here, 10,000 on a Facebook page and 2,000 on Twitter. The views we get on here are great, so it isn't about attracting an audience, it seems to be about attracting the right audience to create. This really is the problem as everyone wants to consume but not produce.

This game has a more hands-on approach. What I suggest is the senior members or the ones who have mastered the game to release some tactics. From what I have seen, people learn faster from tweaking around with already established tactics than creating a tactic from scratch. I suggest that you and the senior members create a thread for every version with Engine changes and post "model" tactics for the basic formations so those who want to learn to make better tactics can use it as a model and tweak some of it to see how things work out.

I agree but I thought it was a similar game and people might also like that. 

For the marketing bit, I have found that this is the only decent community around. I don't even see much talk about FMM on the SI forum either, its mostly support related talk there. If you can somehow bring those members looking for decent tactical advise here it can help a lot.

As far as the general FMM players population is concerned, I think it could use some price cut. Not everyone is willing to pay $9.99 for a mobile game. If the prices drop, there will be more people willing to try the game out, that is Economic 101. Since the price is high, in the Apple Appstore, when you search for the exact words "Football Manager Mobile", it isn't even on the top results. It's very far down the results. I find searching other SEGA games and then going to the SEGA games page to find FMM much easier than searching for it. Also promoting the game to the FM players so those who can't be on PC all time can play it on their cellphones. I started as an FM players and gradually switched completely to FMH/FMM.

That's the thing though? Why senior members? And we have tactics guides and lots of tactics, this doesn't mean people are producing.

It isn't the fact of not having enough members viewing our stuff, it is the the fact they aren't the right people whom then go on to produce.

To be honest it seems like you are in this category expecting others to do the work and saying it is as they are "senior members" which has nothing to do with it in my opinion.

I can't really get what you mean by producing. If you mean tactics, that's my last point. If you mean other stuff like tutorials or stories or the topics like the ones where you post how you help a club achieve results, then I think trends should be started. There was a topic where someone shared their story about starting at a club and what changes they made etc and after that there was 1-2 other topics of a same nature. That is the kind of trend I am talking about. 

You are correct at the right people part but the idea is once people start viewing our stuff, gradually we might be able to find the right people who actually produce.

By senior members, I mean members who can create tactics and understand them or at least think they can. Once newer members get to find trends and understand tactics, they can contribute even more and decrease the pressure on the senior ones. I do try to contribute where I can but I try to retain myself from posting irrelevant and untested information. I don't really think of myself as a guy who has tactical knowledge so I can't contribute in that part but once I do get better and think I understand things, I sure will contribute to help new members understand better.

9 hours ago, Dec said:

I notice this issue.

One suggestion: how about to make best goal show?

It isn't tactics that is the issue, there's a lot of them. It is everything. Top 10 lists, graphics, player recommendations, even comments saying 'great article'. We have guides that can teach people tactics easily. You don't have to understand tactics and even if you want to then you can always read the guides. Euro 2016 is coming up, loads of potential to write on that theme.

@rseven @JustM1kePlays is doing that :) 

I am indeed doing that. I here is my intro video just explain what I am doing and how to send it to me 

Once I get a few I will make a video and start a new thread showcasing and analysing the footage.

Like the features of this game a pretty good and It's GUI and features do get tweaked and improved every year, But it is a Mobile Game and will not bring as much money in as the PC game, The fact is because of this it doesn't offer as many features as PC but let's be grateful there are people still working on it after all just look at PerBlues PK - A Game that was making 200k a month and it isn't allowed to worked on Office hours any more, But anyway I got off my point.

The problem might not be that people just want to consume extra content and not make it, but, that people don't know where to start or what to make like, there is already so much on offer, So; really just need to ask what the Community wants that is accessible to make, Like I wouldn't mind spending the time to make a Chinese league, But I don't know how to make it playable.

Also we could start a Mob (in a sense) to raise the games profile, Get it on the front page, Get it recommended get it everywhere, and Simply to get enough mobile players to be bringing in more revenue than the PC and then we will have so many more people here And SI would have to listen to what we want 

7 minutes ago, M4cc4n4 said:

Also we could start a Mob (in a sense) to raise the games profile, Get it on the front page, Get it recommended get it everywhere, and Simply to get enough mobile players to be bringing in more revenue than the PC and then we will have so many more people here And SI would have to listen to what we want 

The problem isn't amount of players as we get really good views but as you say people just consuming. However with this no one is even commenting on the discussions here or on Facebook.

But Maybe Start Teaching people how to help whether with fun extra leagues/content or through guides or Interesting Content

42 minutes ago, M4cc4n4 said:

But Maybe Start Teaching people how to help whether with fun extra leagues/content or through guides or Interesting Content

What would you class as "interesting content"? I can see how a guide of new leagues will help, I will consider that but written guides and content like Euro 2016 Players to watch out for or even general discussions is something that can be done without much teaching and we are lacking that. I believe this runs deeper than people needing help. We have never done a guide to writing articles before and have not suffered this problem until the last few years. There is a huge lack of get up and go attitude of FMM players recently. People aren't willing to try or ask for help in trying to produce. If you wanted to create a new league why didn't you message me or post on the site?

It's not about just making content it's about appreciating content and liking or commenting to join in with discussion etc 

So it's worthwhile too many times have people made stuff or written articles only to get no response or appreciation

1 minute ago, UKFootballScore said:

It's not about just making content it's about appreciating content and liking or commenting to join in with discussion etc 

So it's worthwhile too many times have people made stuff or written articles only to get no response or appreciation

Exactly! There's a massive lack of passion for not only creation but also others' and also discussions. Like on Social Media, before a couple of likes would be classed as bad, now that is classed as good.

Reasons why the Community is failing

General  -

Game is similar to that of previous versions

More people leaving than joining that create content

Game is far away from FM and unable to attract that passionate audience unlike in 2007

Audiences now are less proactive

Mobile game stigma

Bigger sites covering most FM topics that also covers FMM too such as Wonderkids on Squawka

Not a big support for FMM on SI's Social Media feeds

Websites -

Facebook/Twitter mean users want information quicker

Audience fragmentation due to Social Media

Rise of Mobile usage makes content creation harder

No reward for posting due to lack of passion throughout community - no monetary value or sense of feel good from comments

Social Media -

Facebook algorithm stops users seeing everything

Game is repetitive so less variety of content

Rise of video/gifs

Likes more prominent than comments

Casual content more preferred that hardly relates to the game

YouTube -

Game is boring to watch without heavy editing

People lose interest quickly

Most content is already done in written form that is informational

What is needed

People to comment and favourite topics, social media posts and videos

Discussions about all aspects of the game and also off topic too

Career posts

Guides, downloads and "fun" content such as 'Euro 2016 Top 10 Wonderkids to watch out for'

While content producers are key I think the biggest issue at the moment is the lack of comments and support for creators. Personally I couldn't care about views or likes as it's the personal interaction of a comment that motivates me to post. When I post something and it gets great views but no comments or discussion I'm less motivated to do more. If a "passer by" is looking around and sees nothing is getting that personal interaction what motivation do they have to get involved? I've seen plenty of members wanting to post content but when the interactions aren't there they drop off. 

I understand only certain people will produce content but the fact it also takes certain people to leave a comment is a joke. If you read something and enjoy it or it helps you I'm begging you to let the content provider know. Writing content takes hours and effort but leaving a comment even as simple as "nice work" takes seconds but means the world to content creators. 

It shows the creator you're enjoying what they're talking about but it also motivates them to post more. I'm not saying you have to spam every thread but most people are reading a majority of what's posted but not leaving a comment. How are we meant to no what's popular? How are we meant to know what's working? In most cases it will take longer to read the post than to leave a comment. All I'm asking for is that personal interaction to return. 

Lets take my career as an example, here are the stats

5Hk8eTb.jpg

Look at those views, they're truly amazing and I'm grateful for everyone. However the comments compared is pretty awful, especially when you take into account a large chunk of that will be my own comments from updates and responding to people. 

How long has this bit of content taken me? How much effort have I put into this?

yEzsRMu.jpg

Game time alone and this bit of content has taken me almost 54 hours! So far I've posted roughly 15 updates which take around a hour to post. 

To recap I have spent close to 70 hours or almost three days of my life for 100-150 comments. Now that's the depressing fact of the matter. 

Sure a career isn't the best method of making my point as it obviously takes longer than an article but it's also the easiest one for members to comment on. If I can spend this amount of time and people can't be bothered to comment (even though they view it) what hope do people have of gaining comments in shortlists? 

n9p56A4.jpg

Only took one and a half hours to write/research did this guide and it also did well view wise for a one of article. But once again the supporting creators issues shows it's ugly face, from 1200 views only 3 people left a comment. That's bullshite and that's the issue. 

In short support the content creators and I'm sure they'll reward you with content that will inspire others. If you can't spend the 30 seconds to leave a comment after reading something someone posted you have no right to moan IMO. 

Now im going to go cry as I've realised I've spent three days of my life on one save :(. Bloody hell that must add up quick with everything I've posted and played over the years :O  

2 hours ago, Dec said:

What would you class as "interesting content"? I can see how a guide of new leagues will help, I will consider that but written guides and content like Euro 2016 Players to watch out for or even general discussions is something that can be done without much teaching and we are lacking that. I believe this runs deeper than people needing help. We have never done a guide to writing articles before and have not suffered this problem until the last few years. There is a huge lack of get up and go attitude of FMM players recently. People aren't willing to try or ask for help in trying to produce. If you wanted to create a new league why didn't you message me or post on the site?

I don't Know, But I'm not sure really where is start with the Pre Game Editor

2 minutes ago, M4cc4n4 said:

I don't Know, But I'm not sure really where is start with the Pre Game Editor

Drop me a message and we can discuss this in private. Seems better that way, I would be happy to help you.

I like what you've done here, you not only give advice but you've brought a group of strangers from all walks of life together in one place, not many people can say they've achieved that.

As for the content, Dec's tactics, training and what players to look for is dynamite as is every one else's contrabution ( hope I spelt that right)

If I could create stuff to download to the game then I would but I just don't know how to, UKFootballScore's legends database although I doubt I could do better.

What I'm trying to say is people like me need this community and I'd be very sorry to see it go.

Please don't loose faith!

2 minutes ago, AlanD173 said:

I like what you've done here, you not only give advice but you've brought a group of strangers from all walks of life together in one place, not many people can say they've achieved that.

As for the content, Dec's tactics, training and what players to look for is dynamite as is every one else's contrabution ( hope I spelt that right)

If I could create stuff to download to the game then I would but I just don't know how to, UKFootballScore's legends database although I doubt I could do better.

What I'm trying to say is people like me need this community and I'd be very sorry to see it go.

Please don't loose faith!

Doesn't have to be creating anything to download. A simple discussion, commenting on articles people do and liking them as well as just writing something fun. For example experiments, top 10 lists or even a player review would be great.

Thanks for the very kind words, it means a lot.