Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat To Football Manager Mobile Fans (about the Community)

Dec

5 minutes ago, Crowe said:

Wouldn't helping SI develop the game via feed back from members and running a bigger site that helped everyone not just FMM be you dream job. 

"Job" is a very strange word to describe it. No FM Community has any full time members so it'd be a first, however to do something like that we'd need to have a Community for FMM to then springboard further development of the site which would take a lot of time and balancing. Then we'd have to find the right people to join us and it'd be very risky as we'd be at the mercy of SI. If it was a full time job based on a company's game then they could shut us down and I'd end up jobless and maybe homeless too.

I understand what you are saying for the future of the site but it isn't that easy. FM overwhelms FMM so it'd have to be a balance and from a FMM Community perspective it wouldn't help in the slightest, in fact it would damage it when it is so fragile. We need a strong FMM Community and after that a strong Community here that will allow any developments.

5 minutes ago, Dec said:

"Job" is a very strange word to describe it. No FM Community has any full time members so it'd be a first, however to do something like that we'd need to have a Community for FMM to then springboard further development of the site which would take a lot of time and balancing. Then we'd have to find the right people to join us and it'd be very risky as we'd be at the mercy of SI. If it was a full time job based on a company's game then they could shut us down and I'd end up jobless and maybe homeless too.

I understand what you are saying for the future of the site but it isn't that easy. FM overwhelms FMM so it'd have to be a balance and from a FMM Community perspective it wouldn't help in the slightest, in fact it would damage it when it is so fragile. We need a strong FMM Community and after that a strong Community here that will allow any developments.

Ok.☺

@Dec as you said you worked as an Intern at SI in the Marketing and Sales Department right, Not important for my question but it could be something of use, Do you currently work at all with SI, because Forging a Closer Linking and getting their endorsement and Vice versa would be a big step and if you can convert the commenters from there of could go a long way into generating new content, or even Hosting Community Iniatives  instead of one player having to do all the work have each player do a small bit and work together.

6 minutes ago, Crowe said:

Ok.☺

I can totally understand what you are saying and that'd be the dream but at this time it isn't realistic. When every FMM site is struggling we need a solid base to continue to do work on the site. If we don't feel the FMM Community is stable enough and is shrinking then spending time to develop a site for no people to be left to then expand (which we'd need to in order to make it a job) would be a waste of time/resources as we'd have to build up a brand new community. Trust me we have a lot of plans that I'd love to do. Whether it will happen is dependent on the state of this site and all the other FMM Communities. I cannot carry the FMM Community if my mind is on the bigger picture and currently I feel that is what I am doing.

@M4cc4n4 We are affiliated by SI so are sort of endorsed but they cannot endorse us fully because we promote things like logos that messes with their licensing agreements. The game is selling well so no matter how people are consuming their product as long as they are that should be priority as it is a business. I am sure they will love passion back in the community for the game but I am not sure how they'd do that. SI have to be careful on what they promote and do due to licensing so it would be very limited.

End of the day they make the game, they don't and cannot tell people to then play it a certain way and make content. You cannot make someone passionate about something and willing to do things that they don't want to.

Just now, M4cc4n4 said:

I suppose your right, Is there any way to buy out the competition? 

That's the thing. There isn't any competition for FMM in terms of Community. There's no competition for here either but even if there was it'd be struggling too. A Facebook page with over 10,000 likes dedicated to FMM shouldn't be struggling to get likes on a player recommendation. It signals a huge problem with even the casual audience. There's been no increase of likes on that page for over 2 weeks now.

Just now, Dec said:

That's the thing. There isn't any competition for FMM in terms of Community. There's no competition for here either but even if there was it'd be struggling too. A Facebook page with over 10,000 likes dedicated to FMM shouldn't be struggling to get likes on a player recommendation. It signals a huge problem with even the casual audience. There's been no increase of likes on that page for over 2 weeks now.

The Problem does seem to be about the Mobile Game being Understaffed which means not enough new content to engage users and the game can seem not as fun, One thing I see as a Problem is the Holiday Function which means someone can reload and sim and go through a season very quickly with minimal engagement and because of this there is no sense of achievement. I must say the UI has had nice overhaul and I see it as a massive improvement personally, You see really FMM seems to be a side project For SI rather than a real project.

The only reason I've produced such little content is because it takes too long to do updates through my phone, I know that's not your fault, it's just with having 2 little girls running round me all day, by the time they've gone to sleep/settled down, I haven't got the time (or energy for that matter) to set the PC up and update through that. Love all the work you do running this site and would absolutely hate to see it disappear, keep it up! ??

12 hours ago, Brenty92 said:

The only reason I've produced such little content is because it takes too long to do updates through my phone, I know that's not your fault, it's just with having 2 little girls running round me all day, by the time they've gone to sleep/settled down, I haven't got the time (or energy for that matter) to set the PC up and update through that. Love all the work you do running this site and would absolutely hate to see it disappear, keep it up! ??

I've got 2 kids, 1 and 3 years old and do all my content on my phone mate in fact I do everything through my phone don't touch a PC

@Dec I think he meant it would be bad if there was a bigger Site that meant you don't get enough money in Ad revenue and such to play for Domain and Hosting Costs

1 hour ago, UKFootballScore said:

I've got 2 kids, 1 and 3 years old and do all my content on my phone mate in fact I do everything through my phone don't touch a PC

What phone do you have though? I'm on a crappy little 4S and it takes an absolute age to do big long updates lol

19 minutes ago, Brenty92 said:

What phone do you have though? I'm on a crappy little 4S and it takes an absolute age to do big long updates lol

I got an Xperia m2 and that's not amazing tbh intact it's pretty basic level but does the job lol

1 hour ago, AlanD173 said:

UKFootballScore! So did u create the legends database on ur phone?

Haha nah that was on PC #rumbled 

Can do most things on phone though 

Like MyClub files like I done this morning etc 

Hi guys, Hi @Dec, I write just to remark that I really appreciate the efforts you put on this community... it was helpful to me since this is the first time I bought FMM and I was a complete beginner (regarding the mobile version of the game). I promise to contribute with more content and comments to the community life

10 hours ago, UKFootballScore said:

I got an Xperia m2 and that's not amazing tbh intact it's pretty basic level but does the job lol

God knows then, mine seems to take forever unfortunately ?

6 hours ago, bulkone said:

Hi guys, Hi @Dec, I write just to remark that I really appreciate the efforts you put on this community... it was helpful to me since this is the first time I bought FMM and I was a complete beginner (regarding the mobile version of the game). I promise to contribute with more content and comments to the community life

Thanks that is much appreciated and thanks for the kind words too. Even if you just comment on Facebook posts it goes a long way.

This site is still the best resource I've found for all things FMM

Thanks to Dec for everything you do buddy it really is appreciated 

25 minutes ago, BigE said:

Amen, you can say that again! ??

1 hour ago, BigE said:

Thanks guys, remember to help simply commenting and liking things on here and Social Media.

11 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

This site is still reffered to as 'FMHvibe' in the fmm2016 credits btw. You might want to get that sorted @Dec.

Thanks. It is something we know of and have asked about. It hadn't been updated in years though so we don't hold much hope

1 hour ago, theundergoat said:

I think more video tutorials and career would help but this would have to be heavily edited due to the repetitive nature of the game.

We tried videos and @JustM1kePlays has done but found little audience for it.