Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career The Premier League greatest

Which striker should be the star?   

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which young lad is going to shake up history tables?

• Joseph Dodoo
    • Zach Clough
    • Marcus Rashford

Hello, fellow Vibers :)

It's been a time since I posted a new career, so I guess it's the right time now :) My obsession with the greatest football league in the world (Premier League ofc) just got me this idea, simple and easy, make some history (and break many many records!).

But, here is the twist - YOU choose the team I play for (basically you just choose the striker from the poll above - wanted to make sure he is english, as far as I think that Shearer should be dethroned by another Englishman) - excepting Rashford, playing as Utd would be too easy, so if you choose him as my main star, we'll decide together with which team I am going :)

Here are the nominees :
1. Zach Clough
13288223_10204704402010387_218548585_o.p

Good spread of attributes,  dribbling, shooting, movement and decisions will turn green in no time :)

2. Joseph Dodoo

13262480_10204704402210392_17342365_o.pn

Already green in shooting and decisions, and his physical stats will grow enormously from what I've experienced.

3. Marcus Rashford

13287922_10204704402330395_528760338_o.p

Promising, eh? His performances this season have been inspiring and I just couldn't omit from the list. Could be dangerous with that stamina tbh :D 

Finally, here are the standing records which we want to break :)

Most titles: 13, Manchester United (if we start with a club which already won it, we do NOT count it, so e.g. if we start with Blackburn Rovers, we start with 0 titles)

Most consecutive title wins: 3, Manchester United twice (1998–99, 1999–2000, 2000–01) and (2006–07, 2007–08, 2008–09)

Biggest title-winning margin: 18 points, 1999–2000; Manchester United (91 points) over Arsenal (73 points).

Most wins in a season (38 games): 29, Chelsea (2004–05), (2005–06)

Most consecutive wins: 14, Arsenal (between 10 February 2002 and 24 August 2002)

Most points in a season: 95, Chelsea (2004-05)

Most Premier League appearances: 632, Ryan Giggs (Manchester United, 15 August 1992 to 6 May 2014)

Most Premier League appearances at one club: 632, Ryan Giggs (Manchester United, 15 August 1992 to 6 May 2014)

Most Premier League goals: Alan Shearer (260)

Most Premier League goals at one club: Wayne Rooney (177, for Manchester United)

Most consecutive Premier League matches scored in: 11, Jamie Vardy (for Leicester City, 29 August to 28 November 2015)

Most goals in a season (38 games): 31,  Alan Shearer (1995-96), Cristiano Ronaldo (2007-08), Luis Suarez (2013-14)

Most Premier league hat-tricks in a season: Alan Shearer 5 (42 games) (Blackburn Rovers, 1995–96)

Most Premier league hat-tricks:  Alan Shearer 11

Most goals in a game by one player : 5

Most consecutive seasons to score at least 30 Goals: 3 (1993–1996), Alan Shearer (all for Blackburn Rovers) [76]

Most consecutive seasons to score at least 25 Goals: 4 (1993–1997), Alan Shearer (1993–1996 for Blackburn Rovers, 1996–1997 for Newcastle United)[77]

Most consecutive seasons to score at least 20 Goals: 5 (2001–2006), Thierry Henry (all for Arsenal)[77]

Most consecutive seasons to score at least 10 Goals: 11 (2004–2015), Wayne Rooney (all for Manchester United)

Most Hat-tricks against a single club: 3, Luis Suárez (for Liverpool v. Norwich City)

Edited by 44_veezy

Has to be Zack Clough, Bolton are sitting in the Championship, Fairly good young striker, You have to deal without Premier League Finances for the First season and Gain Promotion.

Voting is tied for now, we will stop the voting tomorrow at 9pm :)

@Real_Random We will see, Bolton would be interesting option :) and I guess the hardest one would be Giggsy one, 632 appearances is just too much, but we can maybe work it out :P:)

Edited by 44_veezy

Personally I think Rashfords Stanima could be a problem but it could also make it more interesting tbf. Dodoo and Clough both have good Stanima and Shooting, Good Luck 

10 minutes ago, 44_veezy said:

Yeah but it would be interesting to see him shine before he gets upgraded for  FMM 2017 :)

It's unlikely he will get an upgrade in FMM 2017 If anything he has got worse since The Winter Update imo so I foresee him staying the same  - If anybody is to get an Update it has to be Kelechi Iheanacho

Edited by M4cc4n4
14 minutes ago, 44_veezy said:

Voting is tied for now, we will stop the voting tomorrow at 9pm :)

@Real_Random We will see, Bolton would be interesting option :) and I guess the hardest one would be Giggsy one, 632 appearances is just too much, but we can maybe work it out :P:)

I can't wait to see how you break Giggsy's record due to the fact in game every player does decline at the end of their career

@Real_Random decline is inevitable but as long as it would be player not depending on his physicality, it could be done easily imo
@M4cc4n4 I would bump up his aerial, creativity, decisions , movement and pace (stamina is fair tbh right now)

28 minutes ago, 44_veezy said:

@Real_Random decline is inevitable but as long as it would be player not depending on his physicality, it could be done easily imo
@M4cc4n4 I would bump up his aerial, creativity, decisions , movement and pace (stamina is fair tbh right now)

While decline does happen you do need a special player who will play well into their 30's and at a high level (no point having a half star player who doesn't deliver the goods on the field) for that entire career. If I was you I would buy Predag Rajkovic due to the fact he is young and will last you 20+ seasons (he is a goalie and will last a long time) and has world class potential. 

1 hour ago, 44_veezy said:

added screens to OP, so you can see the players :)

Cloughs Shooting will Go Green Within a Month normally.

yeah, the only one from the three I haven't used before is Rashford, I guess his stamina could give me a mayor headache during the career :D

2 hours ago, 44_veezy said:

yeah, the only one from the three I haven't used before is Rashford, I guess his stamina could give me a mayor headache during the career :D

it goes to 10 by christmas 

1 hour ago, 44_veezy said:

I'm more afraid of some injuries which could hamper his development :)

Well Rashford has the same Injury Proneness as Lionel Messi

Not sure if that is reassuring or not 

So, its already past 9pm, I only caught up now, and the voting is tied between Clough and Rashford, and personally I would choose Rashford because with all the hype surrounding him we could maybe predict his career and I guess it will be more of a challenge. I have another question, do you guys think I should start as United or choose another club ? :)

I 've already chosen my team and started the save , it is not a PL team, but we are taking a major twist here (to make it more realistic and more of a challenge), I shall post a few screenshots in the morning, and 1st full update by the weekend :)

See you lads :P 

Great choice of club - this really will be a challenge now! Hitting some of those consecutive targets, such as Rooneys 11 seasons of double figures, is going to be interesting as you can't afford any slip ups.

6 hours ago, Joewins said:

Great choice of club - this really will be a challenge now! Hitting some of those consecutive targets, such as Rooneys 11 seasons of double figures, is going to be interesting as you can't afford any slip ups.

Not really that big of an achievement scoring with less than 180mins between goals, Ain't hard and that equals like 12goals in a season 

It isn't that big of an achievement it's just Rooney was never good enough to get interest from clubs outside of England and has been forced to stay there.

1 hour ago, M4cc4n4 said:

Not really that big of an achievement scoring with less than 180mins between goals, Ain't hard and that equals like 12goals in a season 

It isn't that big of an achievement it's just Rooney was never good enough to get interest from clubs outside of England and has been forced to stay there.

Not debating that reaching 10 goals per season isn't easy, just that say Rashford gets a massive injury (ala Barbosa in the 3k'er) in season 6 and doesn't hit 10. There won't be the time left in his career to complete an additional 11 seasons to hit the target.

Edited by Joewins
spelling