Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Tactics Anyone managed to get 2 x IF's working?

I like to play 433 (or 41221 according to FMM). I have 2 decent inside forwards in my Ajax team but I'm unsure about fitting them in. Has anyone managed to get 2 IF's working in the team at the same time?

Here are my current tactics which I'm going to try:

5747449514be2_FMM2016_2016-05-26-19-41-5

5747449b3df8c_FMM2016_2016-05-26-19-42-1

1 minute ago, Dar J said:

What do you mean by working?

Probably meaning both of them scoring or being inside forwards.

I did get them the left IF was scoring and contributing more than the right one although they had almost similar attributes. The right one score in some matches but there are certain other variables to take into account also like big matches etc. In some matches, one of them (left or right) would score 2 or 3 goals with or without an assist. The tactic was one from this community.

I'm running a tactic now with two IF's and I agree with @vbase that it's hard to get both to contribute all the time I have a game where one or the other does well and the odd game where they both work but it's a tricky thing to work on but I've found using a W next to useless and I'd rather have two IF's 

Edited by Taff

I find that, as in real life, using 2 IF's can lead to you being a bit too narrow and they tend to work better when there's just one. However, I did have a very successful 424 (with AMR and AML) that used both as IFs. It's a bit leaky at the back, but generally scores more than enough to be worth it.

Fair warning though, I also found that the formation is a lot less effective in lower league saves!

Hey, i have always worked with 2 IF and they do what i want ... I have bale and Ronaldo as IFs and they are the best! with paulo dybala as deep lying forward... the deep lying forward drops back in midfield and the defenders in the centre are unaware of the IF  coming... with two midfielders (APM and BBM) and a defensive midfielder (BWM) the midfield is solid... two wingbacks and two central defenders it should be all good... Instructions : mentallity is attacking passing style is short or direct, Goalkeeper distribution is mixed with pressing. It may not work always, buut with the right players they very much win the treble! i hope this motivates you to still play with 2 IF. try buying depay for a IF role, he is very good! 

Is it odd that I've made a 3 IF formation with no strikers? 3 CB 2 WB 1 BWM 1 DLP 3 IF. I haven't tested it too much but generally the coach report says conceded few clear cut chances, attacking midfielders got in the box, though midfield cannot hold possession.

I've also got a left and central IF managing Denmark (right is Pione Sisto, so he's a winger). Although sometimes I change to AP AMC and interchange BWM with DLP. Got a third place finish in the World Cup, taking out Germany and Spain (a little lucky. Never got it to work as well with my Oviedo side. So haven't tested it with players tailored to the formation.

Screenshot_2016-06-17-07-51-47.png

Edited by Meow

I think one massive factor is the preferred foot, left footed on the right and right footed on the left. Also, look at their preferred moves.. if they like to cut inside and like shooting and have stats that match that then great, but they may say have great crossing stats and like to run down the wing, while the role you have given them won't allow them too so they may not perform

12 hours ago, FM Blogger said:

I think one massive factor is the preferred foot, left footed on the right and right footed on the left. Also, look at their preferred moves.. if they like to cut inside and like shooting and have stats that match that then great, but they may say have great crossing stats and like to run down the wing, while the role you have given them won't allow them too so they may not perform

Are you playing FMM as preferred foot isn't in the game and preferred moves is called traits?

@FM Blogger

Yea seems odd. I'm sure an SI employee once said on here that it took up too much processing power (but that seems to be their excuse for anything that is absent in game) surely shirt numbers and most comfortable foot can't be that memory draining?

I just start a new career with Roma using and old tactic find in this forum for fmh14 (i think was used for the Atletico challange) and re-adpted for Fmm16 with 2 IF

for now results are very good

Screenshot_2016-08-09-10-42-45.png

Screenshot_2016-08-09-10-42-55.png

Screenshot_2016-08-09-10-41-20.png

Screenshot_2016-08-09-10-41-47.png

Screenshot_2016-08-09-10-41-20.png

Screenshot_2016-08-09-10-44-40.png

Screenshot_2016-08-09-10-44-47.png

On ‎2016‎年‎5‎月‎26‎日 at 04:10, vbase said:

Probably meaning both of them scoring or being inside forwards.

I did get them the left IF was scoring and contributing more than the right one although they had almost similar attributes. The right one score in some matches but there are certain other variables to take into account also like big matches etc. In some matches, one of them (left or right) would score 2 or 3 goals with or without an assist. The tactic was one from this community.

I also feel my left side attacking perform well than right side. Not only AML, but also MCL.