Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat New Cup Formats & FMM 2017?

Ashez

A lot of things seem to be changing in football currently with changes to the cups in Scotland with a new points system and now the JPT will include U21 teams. 

What does this mean for 2017? Can we expect these new formats to be added? Will this mean we'll finally have reserve teams in England? Will this mean less varied databases as we now have to cram in U21's? 

This fills me with excitement and dread. I want it added as the game has to match real life, that is after all the purpose of it but at the same time I don't want this to be the main new feature or to take time away from other features being developed/created. 

What do you think? If any of the SI guys can speak about it that would be cool too. Very awkward situation in my opinion, then again the game is six months away so plenty of warning. 

Yeah agree 100% mate I genuinely wouldn't mind too much of they kept it the same as it is now tbh then add it in as an update when it's ready to be added properly

If ever Reserve/U21/Development Leagues were going to be brought in,niw would be the time with the arrival of the newly rebranded EFL Trophy...

This is a feature I have wanted for years, I hope SI can find a way to introduce this without taking anything from the gameplay we currently have

We'll try to get as much in as possible. The U21s in the JPT is very annoying, we wouldn't want to include reserve teams/competitions if at all possible as they would be a huge use of memory for relatively little benefit to the person playing. It would would massively limit our ability to add any new leagues etc at any point in the near future and would likely have an impact on the databases as Ashez suggests. My initial instinct is to create 'shell' U21 teams only for those entered into the cup, with virtual players for each, but I'm just thinking out loud here and there's every chance we'll take another approach.

Edited by Alari

Thanks for the insight, I can see it being an annoying addition lol. On one hand I'd love to have more youth available, especially at the club I support and it would also lower the Regen need while offering up new wonder kids. But on the other hand i'd take a new league over youth teams any day, hopefully you come up with the best solution :). 

7 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

If SI do choose to create the youth systems to a decent level, would be nice to see a 'copy first team tactics' option.

I'd rather see them use it to expand staff and how they're used. So if you want them to play a similar style you'd have to find someone etc, then they could out grow your reserve team and leave to become their own manager and possibly a rival. 

On 02/09/2016 at 03:31, Ashez said:

I'd rather see them use it to expand staff and how they're used. So if you want them to play a similar style you'd have to find someone etc, then they could out grow your reserve team and leave to become their own manager and possibly a rival. 

I like that idea, but I'm sure it would be more realistic for the reserve team to play with your philosophy in mind, certainly for a team like Barcelona. Tiki Taka is engraved into the youngsters right from the start, which can only really be replicated with a 'copy tactic' feature.

U21 teams are all about moulding players into something that could work in the fist team, not domestic success. which might be achieved through another manager's tactics which could be more suitable for the purpose of obtaining results, but not developing youngsters.

Staff certainly needs expanding though, it serves little purpose at the moment, and seems to leave you wanting so much more detail, with delegations of responsibilities such as managing U21's, much like in the PC version.

I hope at the very least that any players we demote to our otherwise greyed out U21's teams play in the JPT, but I'm not filled with confidence based on Alari's comments.

One more topic for debate; I would prefer a more in depth youth system (with Newgens) over new leagues. 

Am I alone on that one??...

Edited by Fish18ish

We have something in place for these new cup formats, it's not perfect but we think it's a reasonable approximation. In general we probably won't introduce u23/21 teams or similar across the board at any point in the foreseeable future mainly because of the implications memory-wise and how that would restrict our ability to expand other areas of the game.