Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career By the fans,For the fans(A Real Oviedo story)

After a few failed attempts at posting stories,I am really determined on posting a new one,But still I couldn't find any team that could be worthy of a career.So,after some extensive research I came across Real Oviedo.Needless to say,Its history caught my eyes and I have decided to start a career with them

Aims:

At the moment my short term objective is to get back into La Liga

After that It will be the classic club story aiming to become the best in the world.

I will be posting updates at the start of the summer and winter transfer window and at the end of the season.

Hope you guys will enjoy this one!

Edited by Harish

Pre Season Update 2015-16:

So after taking the reins and satisfying the press.I wanted to assess the squad,so I told my assistant to prepare a report of the team.After studying it I came to the conclusion of these points:

The quality of the squad is decent, nothing more nothing less.

It is the oldest squad in the league

The best forward of the club has a AMAZING finishing stat of 12(loanees excluded)

The loanees at the club are the only quality players of the squad except the goalie,They are:

Kone (on Loan from Racing club)

9gsbJlf.jpg

Michel(on loan from Fuli)

jLAyLDD.jpg

Hervias(on loan from real sociedad)

qhlQpuE.jpg

Transfers:

Despite being owned by the world's richest man,The club was given a measly budget of 300k in exchange for reaching the playoffs so i spent money on only one guy and plugged the rest of the holes with loanees.

GWStRju.jpg

Transfers out:

I released some old high earning deadwood to decrease the wages we were spending

3KBIVLS.jpg

So now I am ready to face the long season........

Thank you for reading this,the next update will be up shortly.

Mid season update 2015-16:

Honestly,I was really glad at seeing the window open again,but I instantly met with disappointment after all my loan offers were rejected,but I managed to secure some Bosmans for the club so its not all gloomy.They are:

Suarez(from Barcelona)

l3Oktod.jpg

Iturraspe(from Bilbao)

9Mc3Zsz.jpg

Andres(from Celta)

sNE0sZO.jpg

Reguilon(from Castilla)

CD4QvjJ.jpg

But you guys might have wondered how did we perform,for that I will let league table do the talking.

cyFCDnh.jpg

Yep,that's right, after a wonderful run of form,we lead the table by 6 points.It would have been more if it wasn't for a slump in december consisting of 2 draws and a loss,but we are still in a really comfortable place.If we sustain this form there is a huge chance of winning the league.

So thats it for the mid season update,sorry for the lack of content but at the moment the save is a bit barren but that should change after this season.

Once again thanks for reading this.

Edited by Harish
5 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

Nice start mate hopefully you can achieve your goals with an aging squad 

Thanks @Real_Random ,promotion did look challenging but I have managed to top the table as you can see in the mid season update.I just hope we can sustain that form.

Edited by Harish
39 minutes ago, Risheek said:

Keep going m8, you are going good. Hopefully, you get to the BBVA and challenge the greats

Thanks mate,getting to BBVA is not that much hard, even if I fail to win the league its the second place or playoffs,but the survival campaign is going to be a herculean task because atm the squad's really thin,but it's a long road and next season I might get some dough to play,well let's see.....

BTW nice to get a pat on the back from a vibe legend

I've had a recent save with Oviedo that was really frustrating when you get to La Liga. It's a similar problem I have when I start unemployed and end up taking Swindon town to the Prem. Once you get to the top leagues/Europe the squads end up being too thin with talent and you don't have a lot of cash to have a strong starting 11 + reasonable depth so injuries can really derail your season.

I'm looking forward to your future updates.

2 hours ago, Creeper69 said:

Mamadou Koné is very good. I had a save with Racing de Santander, I used him in 19 games and he scored 23 goals.

He is great in the first season, Oviedo don't have the cash to buy him after promotion though and his parent club don't seem to want to loan him for a second season :(

2 hours ago, AJ said:

I've had a recent save with Oviedo that was really frustrating when you get to La Liga. It's a similar problem I have when I start unemployed and end up taking Swindon town to the Prem. Once you get to the top leagues/Europe the squads end up being too thin with talent and you don't have a lot of cash to have a strong starting 11 + reasonable depth so injuries can really derail your season.

I'm looking forward to your future updates.

Well,m8 you are absolutely right about squad depth,I have had saves which I abandoned due to my squad getting crippled due to injuries,but its all part of the challenge,I can always exploit the loan market or sell my brightest youth in the club who just hasn't developed like I thought he would,so the possibilities are always there.

2 hours ago, Creeper69 said:

Mamadou Koné is very good. I had a save with Racing de Santander, I used him in 19 games and he scored 23 goals.

I agree with you mate,Kone is one of the best lower league gems I have ever found,I will be looking to bring him at all costs next season,but if that fails I have secured a guy who's good enough for BBVA survival.

End of season update 2015-16:

Right,where did we left off?,a club that was leading the table during the mid-point despite squad depth and quality problems,so how did we fare?Did we win the league?Or did we drop off the promotion spots?

ZJFKcrn.jpg

YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!,we did it,I was really happy about it because the December slump continued throughout February and I thought our hopes of winning the league were over,but the team won the remaining matches to get back into the title challenge and eventually won it with 2 games to go,Zaragoza and Elche both won promotion by playoffs and second place respectively. It looks like this has been a season of fallen giants.Below are some details such as the final league table,the player stats and my key player of the season etc.

League table:

qJ1eQUN.jpg

Player stats:

f0H4N25.jpg

ooyjPwr.jpg

HLJ2Qhn.jpg

53mv1mp.jpg

Key player of the season:

FyjHtnS.jpg

9G7YrDD.jpg

What a great season for Kone.Though he wasnt banging in the goals every time he was really consistent throughout the season so again I will definitely try to bring him in next season.

Well guys,we have acheived the objective getting back into La Liga and now I have to announce something to you.

After winning the league,I asked the board for extra funds and they suprisingly accepted,they gave 3.2 mil to me which was a huge amount for an adelante club so my financial status jumped from 'okay' to 'rich',so I have a feeling that next season might be a blast.

See you guys in the next season

Any suggestions to improve my team will be warmly welcomed.

As usual Thank you for reading this.

Bring in Militos or Forlans Regen they both usually retire during the first season and you can pick them up pretty cheap and they will grow as players!

12 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Nice job. Can't wait for next season

Thanks real_random,Actually the survival campaign has been really interesting to play,although I cant tell you the whole transfer details,I can say that a lot of players arrived,I will have the update up in an hour,so stay tuned.

12 hours ago, M4cc4n4 said:

Bring in Militos or Forlans Regen they both usually retire during the first season and you can pick them up pretty cheap and they will grow as players!

Dammit!!!,forgot about those two gems but alas,the transfer window has shut,but dont worry m8 I will take a look at them.Hopefully they aren't already poached.But,thanks for the recommendation m8,your help is always welcomed.

Btw,can anyone please give me a list of regen clubs,i used to drill them in my mind,but due to not picking up fmm until January, I have forgot them

Edited by Harish

Season preview 2016-17:

So well,Oviedo are back where they belong,but can we sustain our place?,the prediction of a last place finish was not at all surprising given the depth and quality of the squad,but everyone easily forgets that the owner of this club is one of the richest men in the world.Slim didn't invest money into this club to see it sink into obscurity without a trace,so even though I was expecting a decent amount of money, I must admit that after seeing the funds that was given to me even I was surprised.Here's the amount:

Transfer budget:10.25 million

Wage budget:244,000 

So,now that last place finish seems really silly to me, because I can arrange a team of mid-table quality with that amount,so my aims for this season are:

Finish in mid-table

Improve the squad

Upgrade the training facilities

Right,now this is going to be an interesting season

Squad improvement:

Note: This is a work in progress so I apologize if this section looks barren.

Well,at the moment the whole squad needs an upgrade but my main priority is to find a new goalie,my old one was superb last season but he's 40 and will retire at the end of the season,so i am looking for a quality player between 22 to 26 .

1 hour ago, M4cc4n4 said:

@Harish

Screenshot_20160702-123918.thumb.png.e53Screenshot_20160702-123930.thumb.png.177

Amazing Keepers + Cheap, They are young in 2016 but they generally have pretty good Maturity.

Just checked them out,and I agree with you, quality at cheap prices,but in my save Drag's asking price is too high and Rajkovic's wage demands are out of my range,but again thanks for the help m8. 

7 minutes ago, Harish said:

Just checked them out,and I agree with you, quality at cheap prices,but in my save Drag's asking price is too high and Rajkovic's wage demands are out of my range,but again thanks for the help m8. 

Screenshot_20160702-135437.thumb.png.fba

?? 

@M4cc4n4,looks you have found a good gem there,i will definitely try to sign in the January window,yet again thanks for the help

Edited by Harish
3 minutes ago, Harish said:

@M4cc4n4,looks you have found a good gem there,i will definitely try to sign in the January window,yet again thanks for the help

I just tried to find a good cheap GK and came to him.

1 minute ago, M4cc4n4 said:

Is the screenshot taken from your SAF save?

22 minutes ago, M4cc4n4 said:

Yes few years ahead  of you 

Then,Silva might be cheaper(if he isn't a regen),meanwhile checkout my first season in my SAF attempt,would definitely appreciate it.

4 hours ago, M4cc4n4 said:

He isnt a regen, been around for years before game

11 hours ago, M4cc4n4 said:

He isnt a regen, been around for years before game

Then,he is going to be my main transfer target.

So,I wanted ask something to you,I am planning on on starting another career,so naturally update to my other ongoing careers will slow down a bit,still what do you guys say?