Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Is this website still working?

belgeran

I am sad I missed Vibe’s golden era (2014???).

I personally think that as a result of EME FMM2016 is much, much better than previous versions using just OME but also so much harder. The feats that were being achieved on OME in careers and challenges were no longer possible on EME. Essentially the new engine meant a new game but it looked exactly the same as the old one (excluding the match engine…). The goals were smaller, the penalty spot was ten yards further away and the new side-lines meant the wingers weren't even on the pitch. The rules changed but the records stood. Same players, same tactics much worse results. I imagine that took away the fun for a lot of people.

Football Manager at its core is the same game it was in the early nineties, you buy and sell players, make your tactics, pick your team and click play – after that some clever computer stuff plays out in the background whilst you watch a glossy interface then finally you get a result. It has always been the same buy yet each version is somehow different.

EME was a new version but wasn’t different. It seems too late to save this season, but it's not too late to save the community!

11 minutes ago, Joewins said:

I am sad I missed Vibe’s golden era (2014???).

I personally think that as a result of EME FMM2016 is much, much better than previous versions using just OME but also so much harder. The feats that were being achieved on OME in careers and challenges were no longer possible on EME. Essentially the new engine meant a new game but it looked exactly the same as the old one (excluding the match engine…). The goals were smaller, the penalty spot was ten yards further away and the new side-lines meant the wingers weren't even on the pitch. The rules changed but the records stood. Same players, same tactics much worse results. I imagine that took away the fun for a lot of people.

Football Manager at its core is the same game it was in the early nineties, you buy and sell players, make your tactics, pick your team and click play – after that some clever computer stuff plays out in the background whilst you watch a glossy interface then finally you get a result. It has always been the same buy yet each version is somehow different.

EME was a new version but wasn’t different. It seems too late to save this season, but it's not too late to save the community!

I like and enjoy EME very much.

When i first joined the community for FMH15 it had a lot of articles every week, but with FMM was another story, hope people get involved for the upcoming game. And regarding the OME and EME comments, once you play EME you don't to play OME again, only if you're doing a career and need to rush things.

We're not going to take away OME any time soon for those that prefer a slightly more 'arcade' experience. I know some people aren't as keen on EME but at the same time it is probably several hundred times more realistic in times of results and the way passages of play develop. There are always improvements to be made and thankfully due to the way we implemented it we have more scope to improve than with the OME. It's worth noting that (maybe not here but among the wider user base) that improvements to the match were the single most requested thing before we brought in EME.

Edited by Alari

Still the same people say " you users should get more involved"

okay we Think - we comment, debate, test tactics and provide tactics - and we have asked so many times 

how can we help the site more?

what can we do? Please tell us instead of just repeating that more should be done - WHAT more :)?

20 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

Still the same people say " you users should get more involved"

okay we Think - we comment, debate, test tactics and provide tactics - and we have asked so many times 

how can we help the site more?

what can we do? Please tell us instead of just repeating that more should be done - WHAT more :)?

Not being funny but we have done this. We have posted lists of good content for the time, offered rewards and asked for help on big content. No other community needs hand holding when it comes to content yet with the FMM community now we have to say "post this guide"? Never used to. The community needs to use some initiative. We need the same things as before - content to attract people and get people active like guides, downloads and experiences that are high quality.

Okay im obvios blind - my bad :)

is there a link to the post that shows how one can help ? Because i want to help but dont know how to make downloads ext :)

50 minutes ago, AndersJ said:

Okay im obvios blind - my bad :)

is there a link to the post that shows how one can help ? Because i want to help but dont know how to make downloads ext :)

I made a video on it and a post, however with downloads or guides etc... The best thing to do is to give it a go and if you are stuck then drop me a message. There is no one way of doing things and most depends on ideas. I can give best practices I use but may not be the best way. I am happy to help with creation through private message but producing a guide will be so long and near impossible. Remember that downloads isn't the only one way you can get involved, guide creation, tactics, commenting on existing guides (I know there aren't many) and running interactive experiences all benefit the site. For me the main issue now is the community is lazy/selfish or not using the initiative like it used to and needs to in order to survive.

Edit: Topic/Video mentioned above - http://vibe.community/forums/topic/37755-to-football-manager-mobile-fans-about-the-community/

Thank you Dec -,that was alot more specific - i Think that some of us are on the career, tactics and stories mode and we interact alot - but i will personally be more aware of the other features :)

Careers are great and we love to see them but they aren't "content" unless they are done in a story - which is rare, plus a lot don't interact with many, especially if they are new members. For this site to be successful and gain members we need what is "desirable" content that will hook people in for them to then read stories and get involved themselves. Right now the issue is that no one produces apart from a few, those who do are growing tired due to fatigue of carrying the site for so long and people expect everything on a plate for them. The people whom produce need comments of support and people to join in creating high quality guides, downloads and experiments etc... They also need fresh ideas from new people who do them ideas to ease the work load.

It's no secret that my passion was careers, I've never really enjoyed doing articles and content as such but I always did it to help, inspire, motivate and to entertain you guys. However in the last year or two the feedback, discussions and comments in general dried up to the point where there was no motivation as a poster to create such works. There are plenty of examples this year of articles being totally ignored by the fanbase and it's no surprise people have lost interest. 

Yep too many times I made stuff and was ignored by everyone other than staff members and just lost interest in the game full syop

Edited by UKFootballScore

The last content I did was the bargains list and it got a good reception so i decided to do an interactive experience like the one i did last year but it got little support so I decided to drop it, I hope next game get the support just like FMH15.