Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Rooney's A Keeper!

Ashez

1 hour ago, kts365 said:

Eurgh. Rooney at the beginning and end of the year. Please do another article before fmm2017 comes out haha

Haha we'll see, not really in the posting mood with 2016, it surprised me that I felt like doing this tbh, save was so fun though I knew I had to post it after only a few games. 

20 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Haha we'll see, not really in the posting mood with 2016, it surprised me that I felt like doing this tbh, save was so fun though I knew I had to post it after only a few games. 

It's just good you're giving it a second chance.

49 minutes ago, Real_Random said:

I'm really enjoying this mate. KIU. Also Rooney saved his first shot 

Thanks mate, encouragement like that really helps keep the fire burning! 

32 minutes ago, Scott said:

Great update :D

Ashez is using the enhanced engine :O

Thank you and thank you for the like :). 

Haha, I tend to jump between them which isn't ideal. I don't like either engine in truth as both have flaws I struggle to get past. With long term saves I'll alway go towards the OME (only had 2.5 big saves this year) as I've never actually managed a save longer than a few seasons on the EME, the time sink and extra frustration with the issues beats me down too much. This idea however was only really going to be fun and work on the EME :). Which do you play now a days?

I hope you have a picture of his end of season results. Can't wait to see how many he lets in. 

Actually, thinking about it does it display goals conceded because he is an outfield player?

22 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

I hope you have a picture of his end of season results. Can't wait to see how many he lets in. 

Actually, thinking about it does it display goals conceded because he is an outfield player?

Unfortunately not, it just shows the normal stats for an out field player.  However as I know he played every game I can just use my manager profile as his games played and goals conceded :). 

59 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

This is an interesting read. :)

I'd be interested in seeing how many saves Rooney actually makes in a whole season, as well as his average rating! :P

Average rating is possible (finished save so can't show it yet :p) but i can't do the save count unfortunately (I'll explain at a later date, an error kinda on my part which I'll fit into an update). When I said he made the first save was actually his first though and tbh he hasn't made too many so far lol. Would also be hard to tell as no real save stat and shots on target could be blocks etc, unless you see it live and jot it down I'm not sure how you could get a solid number. 

It's rather hilarious watching the shots he lets in, I recommend trying it for a handful of matches just for the laugh of it haha. That's all I intended to do but it turned into so much fun I had to continue, just to see what happens next. 

Basically unless a screenshot is shown I'm using creative freedom to keep the show going but the scores are all legit just maybe not the scorers or how events happened, depends what I remember as I played this Saturday so it's a tad shakey haha.  

Next update is mostly written so will be up at some point today :). 

Rooney's A Keeper!

Wayne Rooney's Manchester United failed to keep out Barcelona in Spain but focus soon returned to the Premier League. Last time out they secured a 1-1 draw with Manchester City and the team will be looking to improve on this by gaining all three points verses Watford. 

Watford

Away

The manager decided to recall Herrara into the midfield while Mata was giving the chance to impress behind the strikers with Depay replacing the fatigued Martial up top. United had failed against top strikers recently with Messi and Aguero both getting the ball past Rooney in United's goal, individually Deeney and Ighalo aren't in the same league as the before mentioned strikers but together they form a remarkable partnership. 

It was a striking contrast with United who's attacking line up was seen as experimental and it proved to be so as the attack failed to click during the ninety minute match. Chances were created with Vardy, Depay and Valencia going close but the pace and power of Watford's attack proved too much for United as the league new boys claimed a shock 2-0 win. 

The League Cup Third Round was up next for Manchester United who were drawn against Crystal Palace. The cup can be seen as a hinderance or as an opportunity and manager Ashez insisted it was an opportunity for the fringe players and a chance for the side to get back to winning ways. 

Crystal Palace

Home

The side selected was strong but still featured changes with Rooney staying in goal, Blind coming in at left back and Darmian playing on the right side of defence. Bastian was placed into the midfield while Depay returned to his attacking midfield position with Martial recalled partnering Vardy. 

These changes saw United return to their attacking best as they soon gobbled up a 2-0 lead in the first half, before grabbing a third in the second.  Palace only managed one shot on target which happened to find the back of the net with Rooney flapping at a corner resulting in a powerful header by Scott Dann. The final score was 3-1 but the fans were still uninspired by Rooney's performances, some media outlets even decided to question David De Gea decision to stay quiet during these events as he's yet to speak publicly about his current situation as many expected him to be recalled for the cup games.  

Leicester City

Home 

Back to back home games at Old Trafford and a fixture Jamie Vardy will be looking forward to. The £13.5 million pound signing for United has been seen as one of the shining lights under Ashez's tenure as the Englishman has used his pace to devastating effect. United were back to their strongest with Wanyama, Shaw, Valencia and Mata all recalled to duty and the teams intensions were clear from the start. 

Leicester won the toss and kicked off the match with Old Trafford surrounded with boos, these jeers however soon turned to cheers as the terrier like Vardy pressured Kante into giving the ball away and United's possession dominance continued from this moment. An almost identical passage of play happened moments later with Leicester caught in midfield this time by Wanyama who drilled the ball wide to Valencia, the former Wigan man crossed instantly from deep with Vardy being able to knock the ball down to Juan Mata to prod home. The Spaniard turned to celebrate only to discover he was offside, almost the perfect start. Mata was adamant he was on side as were his team mates but the referee wouldn't budge and the goal didn't stand. 

For the next few minutes United were clearly frustrated which was almost their down fall as sloppy play aloud Vardy's replacement Joseph Dodoo to beat Rooney at the far post but  the goal was disallowed by the linesman. The score remained 0-0 but tempers were already firing with Okazaki being booked for his protests. 

The Japanese international was celebrating moments later however as Drinkwater's floated ball over the top caught out Rojo and the hard working striker easily slotted past Rooney, this time the goal stood and once again United had conceded first. 

Vardy was clearly furious with the slack defending as he was seen tearing into his teammates as he shared the kick off with Mata. The goal allowed Leicester to drop deeper but Vardy was playing like a man possessed as he chased every ball and hassled anyone within reach. His reward for this effort? The equalising goal as he managed to intercept a poor pass by Morgan and round his former teammate before placing the ball low to the keepers left, the score was 1-1. Leicester seemed happy to play for the point with United doing their best to break down the side in blue and their cause was helped midway through the second half as Okazaki picked up a second booking and left the field of play! The striker pulled back Luke Shaw who shimmied past him leaving the referee with no choice. It was 1-1 but eleven men verses ten. 

United knew this was their chance as they went for the throat, the sending off made Leicester sit even deeper but United looked like they believed the game was there for the taking. Martial had a shot from distance canon back off the bar and Smalling had a header from a corner go just wide, the siege had begun! United kept the ball well transitioning play and trying to drag out the Leicester players hoping for a mistake, the ball went back to Rooney repeatedly who was spraying Hollywood passes from deep attempting to get Vardy or Martial in behind. On one such occasion Robert Huth was seen as too forceful in his challenge resulting 

in a free kick on the edge of the box, in perfect Rooney range! Mata however stepped over the ball with Rooney's free kick days behind him. Mata began his run up with everyone expecting him to attempt to place the ball in the top corner, as he strikes the ball it stayed low, but it was too late as the Leicester wall had already jumped! The ball skimmed across the turf and Old Trafford erupted in delight as he put them in front for the first time in the match. 2-1.  

The match calmed down until half time with Leicester just trying to stay in the game until the break. Once the match was restarted it was more of the same with United keeping the ball , you could tell they had an extra player and the urgency was gone from their attacks. It turned into a training session for a large majority of the half but as the ninetieth minute approached Leicester became brave and started to search for a point, United attempted to take advantage of this as it resulted in more counter attacking space. By this point Vardy had left the field of play being replaced by Depay who was able to have an impact. A Leicester attack fizzled out and the resulting goal kick was played to Valencia once again who fed Depay with an inch perfect diagonal ball leaving Depay through on goal, before he could get into the box or his shot away however Christian Fuchs clattered the Dutchmen. The comical chant of "Fuchs off" rung around the stadium and the referee agreed, Leicester were down to nine men. The resulting free kick led to nothing and United saw out the eventful game to secure all three points.  

dDXciY9.jpg

After the match Wayne Rooney was interview by Match Of The Day presenter Gary Lineker. The interview was rather routine until Rooney announced a shocking and confusing bomb shell. 

GeYiO6o.jpg

What does he mean? He wants a new challenge? Isn't playing in goal a new challenge? Does he really want to leave United or is he just unhappy in goal? These questions and many more were asked during the shows live TV airing by the pundits Robbie Savage and Chris Sutton. The fans are rightfully confused and wondering what to make of these developments. 

Upcoming Fixtures

Shaktar (H)

Liverpool (A)

Newcastle (H)

Any predictions?

Thank you for following and please remember to leave a comment :). 

Rooney has mastered being a goalkeeper after saving a handful of shots all season and needs a new challenge :laugh:

I'm predicting 2 heavy defeats in the next 2 games and a win vs Newcastle.

-----

I still play on the original engine, I try the EE after every update but the things I didn't like about it on last years game are still the problems this year :( 

56 minutes ago, Scott said:

Rooney has mastered being a goalkeeper after saving a handful of shots all season and needs a new challenge :laugh:

I'm predicting 2 heavy defeats in the next 2 games and a win vs Newcastle.

-----

I still play on the original engine, I try the EE after every update but the things I didn't like about it on last years game are still the problems this year :( 

I do wonder what triggers that message as I believe it's a common Rooney one. So I assume it's just happen due to being Rooney and has nothing to do with how I'm using him, I'm not sure if the game could or does register that I am miss using him, to them is he just classed as playing or classed as being used wrong? Impossible to tell I guess, AvR could be a reason if it's low I suppose. 

Thanks for the prediction :) 

Yeah I know that feeling, it is quicker now but it just isn't the same to me as it feels slow which I think the commentary is to blame as its so static compared to the OME. Not really sure why I've gone off the OME either though, just unhappy with both at this point I guess. 

This is the best read on this site and i think for the whole year, really gripping and well written and all with a very simple premis but still a blinding piece of (for lack of a better word) fan-fiction 

12 hours ago, Real_Random said:

I'm predicting for Liverpool to run riot against Rooney and for Sturridge to get a hattrick 

Interesting, I will say please don't predict scorers as I don't have that info lol, as I said if I don't post an image I don't have it so I'm making it up bar the score line as I have fixture list results. Going into a period now with hardly any screenies unfortunately which sucks but we'll make do. 

5 hours ago, Taff said:

This is the best read on this site and i think for the whole year, really gripping and well written and all with a very simple premis but still a blinding piece of (for lack of a better word) fan-fiction 

Well that was unexpected, thanks a lot mate. Calling it fan fiction cracked me up haha, I suppose it is though lol. 

1 minute ago, billy2shots said:

Has Rooney had an England call up yet? He must be putting Hart under all kinds of pressure. 

He wasn't selected, or he wasn't on my call up by England list, I only remember as I showed my brother at time of playing. I didn't bother including it as it wouldn't go anywhere, I was hoping he'd be picked and score as a striker but it never came to be. 

Rooney's A Keeper!

Manchester United have been in turmoil off the pitch this week as an influential board member shocked the footballing world by announcing his immediate departure. The news was broken live and reported on by Vibe's own Dec where the board member's replacement was also announced. The fans and media were confused as the replacement was revealed to be a YouTube personality however he does seem to have the qualifications to succeed at his new job. 

Issues on the field weren't looking much better however after Wayne Rooney's publicly declined transfer request. The Englishman seems to be unhappy with his role as goalkeeper at Manchester United but the manager is refusing to budge, this promises to be a massive battle of the egos in the coming months. 

The club seemed in a real mess with shock departures and unhappy staff among the ranks but the football must go on as they had to face Ukraine side Shakhtar in the Champions League. 

Shakhtar

Home

With United losing the opening game of the group to Barcelona the manager was forced into starting a strong eleven as he needed points on the board. Vardy and Martial both started and the manager was rewarded with this decision with the Red Devil's taking an early two nil lead with Martial scoring one and being responsible for the other as his shot deflected for an own goal. Unfortunately though the Ukrainian's managed to pull one back and the side were unable to hold on under the increased pressure as the match ended 2-2. A point on the board but qualification into the next round of the Champions League had taken a hit. 

Liverpool

Away

After a disappointing night under the lights in the Champions League Wayne Rooney returned to the city of Liverpool as it was time for one of the biggest derbies of the year. Klopp started the mind games early by targeting United's insistence of Rooney playing in goal but Ashez stayed firm and Rooney started. 

Liverpool started the match in a dominant fashion with United struggling to stay composed under the pressing pressure of Klopp's men. Firmino and Coutinho buzzed around the pitch but United got the break through when Moreno was caught out in a counter attack, the ball was moved quickly down United's right and before Mignolet knew it the ball was passed him, United took the lead thanks to Depay. The goal was against the run of play and it all seemed to do was anger the Liverpool players as they upped their game. Coutinho managed to level the scoring before the break with United just managing to hold on to go in level at the whistle. At the start of the second half however Vardy didn't rejoin the field of play as he was replaced with Juan Mata. United attempted to run the show in midfield with the extra man but Liverpool continued to glide around the Anfield pitch as Klopp switched to a 442. The tactical change worked in Liverpool's favour as they went on to take the lead and score twice more to complete a dominating win sending a message to the entire Premier League. 

After the 4-1 defeat to Liverpool United fans were given more bad news as it was announced Jamie Vardy had suffered a muscle injury in the first half and would be out for up to two months. Vardy had been one of the shining lights so far for United and his loss was a damning one, especially as the manager also announced the emergency signing of free agent Grant Holt! 

Newcastle

Home

The atmosphere was toxic inside Old Trafford as new signing Grant Holt was bored as he approached the bench before kick off. The Englishman wasn't fit enough for a place in the starting eleven yet as the manager moved Depay up front to partner Martial with Mata recalled to play behind the pair. 

If the atmosphere was heated before the match it was only worse at the final whistle as Rooney again conceded four for the second game on the bounce but this time United's strike force was unable to respond. Rafa Benitez's men had embarrassed the Manchester giant's in their own home and the fans were not happy. Chants of you're getting sacked in the morning echoed around the famous ground as did the chant of Rooney's a striker. Is the end near?

Upcoming Fixtures

Salzburg (A)

Norwich (A)

Cardiff (A)

Three away games next for Manchester United as they aim to get their Champions League dreams back on track, face Norwich in the Premier League while traveling to Wales in the Capital One Cup fourth Round. 

Any predictions?

Thank you for following and please remember to leave a comment :). 

13 hours ago, Real_Random said:

Rooney is going to cost you your job mate. But at least it is enjoyable to watch England's top goal scorer being turned into a joke:D

Wow, the of little faith! Not going to lie though a big part of the enjoyment with this save is embaressing Rooney and United.  

Sorry for the late reply, I somehow missed this comment, so thanks for leaving one :). 

Dude this is just a great bit of writing really enjoying following this

It's not often you want someone to fail but with Rooney and United Failure and humiliation are the orders of the day

KIU 

Edited by Taff
1 hour ago, Taff said:

Dude this is just a great bit of writing really enjoying following this

It's not often you want someone to fail but with Rooney and United Failure and humiliation are the orders of the day

KIU 

Cheers, struggling with it slightly as not having the images is making it hard to create lol. Good to know some are enjoying it though :). 

Can I succeed while they fail? Now that is a question ;) 

59 minutes ago, Taff said:

As far am I'm concerned you succeed as soon as you started this little enterprise a true stroke of genius

I've always said being unique on Vibe is how you stand out :). The game can be limiting yet plenty of room left to be creative. Anyway thanks for the kind words :) 

4 hours ago, Ashez said:

I've always said being unique on Vibe is how you stand out :). The game can be limiting yet plenty of room left to be creative. Anyway thanks for the kind words :) 

No worries dude I always like a guy who thinks outside the 18 yard box :P