Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat My FMM (bad) experience

Guille

First of all, I want to say that I'm making this post hoping that a developer or someone that works in the game reads it and explains me why some things in the game happens and if they plan on changing them. I've been looking to play a game like this for years, and a few months ago I bought FMM 16. Because of the gaming experience I've had so far, I don't think I'm buying FMM 17. At least if things continue to be this way.

OME Vs EME

As I read in this forum, OME is only to provide the game to lower quality devices. I have a Motorola Moto G, with the last version of Android installed. I don't know how much that is for quality, but according to the game I should be able to play with the EME. First of all, I found my EME to have the 442 bug. Opposition changes its formation to a 442 every single game, thus killing all possible chance of realism there was. Even if I did play it, every time I change any part of my tactic (and I mean ANY), before the game resumes I have to stare at a sign that says "Processing match" for several seconds before it starts over. Too unreal, too slow, too much of an atmosphere killer.

So I'm stuck with the OME, in which I've seen players win first division leagues with teams that should be fighting for relegation too many times now. I haven't been around that long to perform as well, but after just a couple of seasons playing with the same team, I seem to be heading that way. What's the point on trying to play a game for its realism, and then being able to sign as many future world class players as I want for just $20,000 each? Doesn't seem like the game I would like to play.

Scouts and youth.

Nothing like the feeling of sending an scout and him replying with players that suit my club perfectly. Oh, wait, I have to sign those players no matter what! Too bad that they cost 3,2 M and my economy only allows signings for $60,000. So my newsfeed is flooded with players that either don't interest me or are to expensive to sign. And I can't seem to narrow the search to find a specific profile. What's the point of having a scout that will do exactly what I would do on my own? That is to enter as many teams as possible and look into their players. I also like to look for players on my reserve team. I understand that there are no real names, as you can't know who will be playing in 2022, but the names of the players change every time I access that part of my club. That's every single time, even within the same day of the game.

Things that will never happen in real life.

Just to name two of the things that I've seen happening in the game. 1) Arsene Wenger sacked from Arsenal in mid-season because the team wasn't performing properly. They were third in the Premier League. 2) Diego Simeone sacked from Atlético Madrid for the same reason. The team was fifth in La Liga and was 3 days away from the Copa del Rey final and two weeks away from playing the Champions League final. 

Did someone say Copa del Rey?

I'm playing a save with a team from Spain's 2nd B Division and I wasn't appointed any Copa del Rey matches for the past two seasons. Did I mention the lack of realism of the game?

Spot on post mate. I share your views in most cases. 

As for the reserve team and players names that's because they aren't real at all. You have to offer them a contract "to add them into the game" (only possible within your reserve team). When they have greyed out names they're just filler players, after a contract offer their name will turn black and they'll fuction like anyother player. 

39 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Spot on post mate. I share your views in most cases. 

As for the reserve team and players names that's because they aren't real at all. You have to offer them a contract "to add them into the game" (only possible within your reserve team). When they have greyed out names they're just filler players, after a contract offer their name will turn black and they'll fuction like anyother player. 

I know. I just wish their names wouldn't change every couple of minutes. It's not that hard IMO. 

I'll assume it's because they aren't fixed so it's a waste of time saving 30 odd fake players. I guess the point of the feature is to produce your own gems and if they stay fixed new ones wouldn't appear due to space and so on. If you want a more realistic setting you could fill the reserves with offered contract fakes, free agents or normal kid signings. Real regens appear at your squad, that's techniqually your youth academy, with the fakes just used as fluff with the option of signing them. 

Not gunna lie it's a feature I've never used and one I don't personally like but I don't like any sort of fake or regen player. 

12 hours ago, Guillermo Alberto said:

Did someone say Copa del Rey?

I'm playing a save with a team from Spain's 2nd B Division and I wasn't appointed any Copa del Rey matches for the past two seasons. Did I mention the lack of realism of the game?

Hi, this isn't a bug. In real life not all teams from the Segunda Division B qualify for the Copa Del Rey.

2 hours ago, Ben Allingham said:

Hi, this isn't a bug. In real life not all teams from the Segunda Division B qualify for the Copa Del Rey.

According to Wikipedia, teams qualifying from 1st to 5th in the previous season play this competition. I was 5th and 2nd in the past two seasons but I didn't qualify. However, the team finished behind 10th position prior to my arrival but they still played the tournament. 

On 20/9/2016 at 14:20, Guillermo Alberto said:

I found my EME to have the 442 bug. Opposition changes its formation to a 442 every single game,

Is this going to be fixed in the next version? @Alari