Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chat Who Do I Be?

Robbrown172

Football Manager Mobile - Who Do I Be?

Evening all. This is my first post on this forum (After months of monitoring this site for tactics etc, my FMH Vibe virginity has finally gone)

I've had FMM 2016 since about Christmas time last year, and enjoyed many many saves that I've endulged in, but after playing for 7 in-game years on a save, I'm ready for a new one.

I've thought up of 3 teams who I'd be very interested in being, but I've got to the point where I'm thinking "Who the hell do I choose?" Because each one of them come with complete different challenges.

So, without rambling on for the fun of it, here are the 3 teams, where we start in a familiar setting of the Premier League :

Southampton

Who would of thought back in 2009 that Southampton would be an established Premier League team? 

The Saints have endured a succesful return to the Premier League since achieving back-to-back promotions back in 2010-2011 and 2011-2012, and they seem to get stronger and stronger every year, despite losing their star players to clubs who's pockets bulge with money.

And it's no different here, where the South coast club have lost players such as Nathaniel Clyne to Liverpool, Morgan Schneiderlin to Manchester United, and most recently Victor Wanyama to Tottenham Hotspur, Sadio Mane to Liverpool and last seasons top scorer Graziano Pelle to the Chinese Super League (My save will be played with the summer transfers update).

The blows have been softened however, with the purchases of Nathan Redmond from recently relegated Norwich City, Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg from Bayern Munich, and Sofiane Boufal from Lille. 

So, with an half new-look squad, will you want me to try and emulate the Saints' formula of finishing higher every season despite selling star players?

Athletic Bilbao

Moving onto Spain now, and into La Liga, the best league in the world to some. A league that boasts the worlds finest players, such as Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi, Neymar Jr and Wales' goldenboy Gareth Bale. It is hardly short of great players.

The league also boasts some of Europe's top clubs, in Real Madrid, Barcelona and Atletico Madrid. One club that seems to slip under the radar are Athletic Bilbao. A proud team from the Basque region of Spain, they only sign and play players who are from Basque or have some sort of Basque blood in their family (A bit like if Manchester City only played players who are from Manchester/surrounding Manchester area). The club have been a regular in European competitions in the last few years, with the pinnacle coming in the 2014-2015 season when they played in the UEFA Champions League.

So, with players with Aymeric Laporte, Mikel San Jose and Iker Muniain, will Los Leones come out of the shadow of the '3 juggernauts' and conquer Spain?

Napoli

Once upon a time, Diego Maradona was part of a Napoli side who became the first Italian side from the South Peninsula to win Serie A back in 1986-1987 (Something that hasn't been repeated to this day) They then went on to win the UEFA Cup in 1988, and Serie A again in 1990.

Fast forward to 2016, and Napoli have never really come close to winning Serie A since then, suffering relegations to Serie B in 1998, and again in 2001. They were then declared bankrupt in 2004, and a new Napoli were born, and started life in Serie C1 (The third division of Italy), but slowly climbed their way back to the promised land of Serie A in 2007. Gli Azzurri were back.

In recent years, Napoli have been a team there-or-there-abouts in the Italian League, appearing in both European competions, and boasting players such as Edinson Cavani, Marek Hamsik and Gonzalo Higuain. Despite Juventus becoming the power house of Italy in recent years, there's hope for Napoli that they can return to the glory days and climb back to the summit of Italian Football.

Is this something you would want me to attempt? Vote below!

Simply comment the team you think I should be, and I'll go with the one with the most votes.

Thank you for reading, and please vote!

Edited by Robbrown172

Nice write up. Maybe include some logos to make it not just a block of text?

I would go with Napoli purely as it would be nice to see an Italian career with a very underrated team.

Thanks you too.

I didn't put logos on because I've written it on my phone. Yeah maybe a bad idea but I didn't have a choice haha.

Napoli would be the strongest option as they are currently the best out the 3. Athletic Bilbao would be most interesting as I'd be restricted in terms of signing Basque-only players (Is that feature actually in FMM?)

Looking forward to more opinions/replies. Keep them coming!

1 minute ago, Robbrown172 said:

Thanks you too.

I didn't put logos on because I've written it on my phone. Yeah maybe a bad idea but I didn't have a choice haha.

Napoli would be the strongest option as they are currently the best out the 3. Athletic Bilbao would be most interesting as I'd be restricted in terms of signing Basque-only players (Is that feature actually in FMM?)

Looking forward to more opinions/replies. Keep them coming!

You can put logos on a phone. Just click below making a post on attach images/files.

Basque Only is in FMM.

What a great read mate very nice mentioning of each clubs past history, I would personally say Bilbao as the pick because the challenge is immense. Signing basque players is a very frustrating challenge one which I ended up doing gathering the likes of greizman, javi Martinez and azpilucueta and even xabi alonso for a season eventually dominating in la liga and Europe. So good luck mate whoever you decide to choose

Some very good options indeed, i think I'll also suggest Napoli. Normally I'd suggest Athletic due to how unique they are but I found the options are just too limiting, it kind of relys on getting lucky with regen nationality changes which isn't that fun. 

Southampton are used a lot, but they are a nice team to build up with youth over time. Spain and Italy are both difficult nuts to crack unless you're using one of the really big teams, so either of them would be a good challenge.

I'd go Napoli.

Interesting read.

I'd go for Bilbao and concentrate mainly on the Spanish Cup, which is a tournament that they have won several times through history. That way you could recreate their former glory.

Bilbao, I used to love managing Napoli because they had quality everywhere and you could almost play any formation successfully with them, they've lost some of the appeal now though imo. With Bilbao you are always guaranteed a challenging and exciting save :)