Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FM Mobile 2017 Information - Transfer Update Out Now!

Dec

9 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

I might not be able to post everything, but I'll give you a quick summary of what I did if I find the time to do one. 

I think that the player achievements page and the dynamic coefficients open up a lot of opportunities for different challenges so i'll be interested in seeing them! E.g. I got Wales to 5th highest in the league standings this year and wonder if anyone can do better?

Yeah that is understandable, but anything would mean a lot. The challenge community means a lot to me and is a big reason why many of us are even here. Sure we come for information, tactics or transfer updates but we stay on this site due to the careers and challenges. Many games have a casual scene and a "competitive" scene but we've never really had our competitive side taken seriously. Like the DLC challenge idea really could have gone anywhere but instead it's a dead feature that never changed. 

Yeah new features like that and leagues really do open the door for a new exciting batch of challenge ideas for sure. I personally favour player based challenges as I feel it's harder and more personal, a team based challenge is more basic to me as it's usually based around winning something or another which usually isn't that challenging. Once the challenge forum is up and running you should take a look through it, see what catches your eye. 

9 minutes ago, UKFootballScore said:

@Ashez Wimmer is set as a BPD so would explain why hes losing the ball trying harder passes etc

Kane is set as a Target Man so I suppose his chances could be from long range if he's in a deep position and from what I can see in the highlights majority of Lloris misplaced passes weren't long balls and he did mainly play to a defender

You wanna sack him then as that's a stupid amount to just give the ball away for free. 

So his short passes into defence weren't completed? So the AI didn't take advantage of your keeper just giving loose balls out in front of them? Whichever way you look at it it's an issue. 

45 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

Something to bear in mind though is now we have the European Coefficients dynamically updating. Which means if you create an amazing team that dominates a small league you might raise your European Coefficient enough for them to improve with all the extra money they get in. This may make things more difficult in the long-run.

Hey Jack, what do you mean by "may make things more difficult in the long-run"? How so?

Edit: apologies for the double post, I was under the impression Ashez' comment was between the two? 'Scusi

Edited by Jens
10 minutes ago, Ashez said:

You wanna sack him then as that's a stupid amount to just give the ball away for free. 

So his short passes into defence weren't completed? So the AI didn't take advantage of your keeper just giving loose balls out in front of them? Whichever way you look at it it's an issue. 

I think it would have just been a poor game possibly as against Arsenal he had a much better game all in all with alot less misplaced passes

Could be passes going out for a throw in or into a 'safe' area doesnt mean it was straight to the opposition every time

I feel your reading too much into the stats themsleves and not what actually will happen in game 

1 minute ago, Jens said:

Hey Jack, what do you mean by "may make things more difficult in the long-run"? How so?

Edit: apologies for the double post, I was under the impression Ashez' comment was between the two? 'Scusi

If you keep doing well in Europe then your country's coefficient will increase. This leads to more teams in your country qualifying for Europe and getting valuable TV revenue. They will then reinvest this money into their squad and be tougher opponents!

1 minute ago, UKFootballScore said:

I think it would have just been a poor game possibly as against Arsenal he had a much better game all in all with alot less misplaced passes

Could be passes going out for a throw in or into a 'safe' area doesnt mean it was straight to the opposition every time

I feel your reading too much into the stats themsleves and not what actually will happen in game 

Should have subbed him then, that's the difference between winning a final or losing one. 

Which is still giving them the ball back, a clearence isn't an attempted pass. An attempted pass is attempting to pass someone the ball, in short passing that's always risky to misplace it. Look at how many times Mignolet has caused issues putting the ball into stupid areas. Your keeper is repeatedly giving the ball away and if you're using short passing it's in stupid areas. 

It's a stat based game, the info is there for that reason. The visuals show you nothing compared to the stats. People ask often why I'm good at this game yet I'm constantly told I play it wrongly or too uniquely :D. 

Got another example here and just watched this game very closely on medium and extended highlights

Screenshot_2016-11-17-15-17-02.png

So Wimmer, as a BPD with short passing on, completes all his passes which you'd expect him to

Lloris fails to complete 9 passes but every time he was involved in a highlight he completed a short pass to a defender so I dont know what he's doing when its not shown

Dier got an 8 rating even when he got a yellow card and you can see he had alot of the ball with 47 attempted passes, completing 44 of those, 

You can see the pattern of play just in them stats alone now I take a very close look at them, which is what you clearly do very well, its like looking at the matrix and understanding it 

Tactical Roles and Instructions

Screenshot_2016-11-17-15-17-24.pngScreenshot_2016-11-17-15-17-27.png

Lmao, it's how I've always played. Those stats are the engine to me, that's why I want that expanded and not the flashy visuals, which just get in your way and stop you reading the info. 

4 hours ago, Supervisor said:

What is "EME"?

It stands for Enhanced Match Engine.  OME you will see being used a lot stands for Original Match Engine.  These are the options you get at the very beginning when setting up your game.

5 minutes ago, Archie Graveluth said:

@Ashez, I meant while a game is being played. Get that stat screen updating in real time.

Yes you can mate just have it set to comm only and be on that screen

Also comm only and very fast was pretty bareable tbh

Just tried it out while looking at that stats page

Just checked on 2016 and with com only it updates every few in match seconds, but with visuals the gap in updates is larger but not awful. Trust me this is how you play FMM, play a season like this focusing on the stats and then go back to the visuals and you'll notice the visuals show you nothing. 

Worth reminding you however that I tested this on a stone carving passed down the generations and not on a new IPad :). 

Just now, Ashez said:

Just checked on 2016 and with com only it updates every few in match seconds, but with visuals the gap in updates is larger but not awful. Trust me this is how you play FMM, play a season like this focusing on the stats and then go back to the visuals and you'll notice the visuals show you nothing. 

Worth reminding you however that I tested this on a stone carving passed down the generations and not on a new IPad :). 

Visuals are good for some matches. Champions League final, Shrewsbury vs Benfica. Tied at 0-0 and the game is about to end. 92nd minute. Shrewsbury scores. You get to watch the ball going inside the net. Beats seeing a "1" pop up everytime :P

1 minute ago, Archie Graveluth said:

Visuals are good for some matches. Champions League final, Shrewsbury vs Benfica. Tied at 0-0 and the game is about to end. 92nd minute. Shrewsbury scores. You get to watch the ball going inside the net. Beats seeing a "1" pop up everytime :P

No, I dunno what game you're playing? I just see little coloured dots jumping around on a screen. Not very exciting at all? 

Not entirely sure what happened there - What i was going to say was...

Once you move over to comm only and viewing the stats page you never go back. The game play is so much quicker and you get a much deeper understanding of what is happening within each game.

1 minute ago, Joewins said:

Not entirely sure what happened there - What i was going to say was...

Once you move over to comm only and viewing the stats page you never go back. The game play is so much quicker and you get a much deeper understanding of what is happening within each game.

There's a time for each screen, I believe. Last year I even check the field zones every now and then. Can't remember the exact name, but it's the screen where you can see the field and the possession of each team in each zone. 

I tend to do a bit of both - check the stats at half time and full time but watch the 2D engine in-between. Both are useful when trying to analyse your team's performance imo.

I presumed the stats screen was how everyone viewed the game. A few seconds of highlights tell you about 0.01% of what is actually happening. 

The only are I can see visuals are needed is seeing the distance and angle the forwards are shooting from. In all honesty I did even check that. 

Not happy with the new league 2 rules in Belgium. Because of this there are a lot less teams to play. Can a league 3 be fixed for Belgium please SI? @Alari @markvaughan

Edited by skulture
Just now, samhardy said:

@Jack Joyce How many seasons did it take to get the Welsh league ranked 5th? Out of interest.

The whole 30 seasons! I reckon the trick to getting higher is to make one team amazing, then move on to another Welsh team and bring them to the top etc. I only stayed with 1 team.

1 minute ago, skulture said:

Not happy with the new league 2 rules in Belgium. Because of this there are a lot less teams to play. Can a league 3 be fixed for Belgium please SI? @Alari 

Unfortunately these are the new league rules set by the Belgian FA. Maybe one day but I can't say that we currently plan on adding an extra Belgian league anytime soon.

3 minutes ago, Ashez said:

What's happened to Belgium?

As part of changes in the league system implemented in the 2016–17 season, the 2015–16 transitional season saw the champions promoted and 9 teams relegated to the third division, while no team was promoted from the third division.