Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FM Mobile 2017 Information - Transfer Update Out Now!

Dec

11 hours ago, Alari said:

In general, how are people finding things in terms of the database? It's become really challenging to get it shipshape as loans are increasing all the time and at the moment we have to have a hard cap on them for memory reasons. This is even worse when England is active now since short term loans (which have never been in FM or FMM) have been abolished and there are so many more long term ones.

Noted a couple of oddities with Porto squad and the weird bug you highlighted on our forum, @Dec, which has only affected two players we can find so far.

Seems like Coric's hype has dipped a bit which has led to him missing out. Anyone else blatantly missing? And any difference to the stability of the game that anyone has noticed? There have been a few behind the scenes fixes put in that could potentially fix obscure crashes.

Not a *major* thing, but James Bree seemed to be missing from Aston Villa in my post-update save.

11 hours ago, Alari said:

In general, how are people finding things in terms of the database? It's become really challenging to get it shipshape as loans are increasing all the time and at the moment we have to have a hard cap on them for memory reasons. This is even worse when England is active now since short term loans (which have never been in FM or FMM) have been abolished and there are so many more long term ones.

Noted a couple of oddities with Porto squad and the weird bug you highlighted on our forum, @Dec, which has only affected two players we can find so far.

Seems like Coric's hype has dipped a bit which has led to him missing out. Anyone else blatantly missing? And any difference to the stability of the game that anyone has noticed? There have been a few behind the scenes fixes put in that could potentially fix obscure crashes.

Want me to post something on Social in the next few days asking? Would that help @Alari?

On 3/13/2017 at 12:05, Dec said:

No you'd need to reinstall again, only way sadly.

Mine stayed after the update, I didn't have to reinstall anything 

Just started a new save after updating england as tottenham got spain germany and france as other nations and i cant loan out is saying clubs are interested and even bid but no bids have come in. Any one else having same problem?

4 minutes ago, Del2378 said:

Just started a new save after updating england as tottenham got spain germany and france as other nations and i cant loan out is saying clubs are interested and even bid but no bids have come in. Any one else having same problem?

I have the same countries loaded except Italy instead of France (playing with Swansea) and have both loaned out and sold players without problem. (android) 

Edit: Italy/france

5 minutes ago, Del2378 said:

Same for me, problem only started today. 

8 minutes ago, CmonJustTheTip said:

I have the same countries loaded except Italy instead of France (playing with Swansea) and have both loaned out and sold players without problem. (android) 

Edit: Italy/france

Also using android had no problems buy/selling even px with some sales just seems to be loans.

7 minutes ago, SaintPaul said:

Same for me, problem only started today. 

I updated last night but didnt play till today however my download was interupted last night so maybe that was the problem

1 minute ago, Del2378 said:

I updated last night but didnt play till today however my download was interupted last night so maybe that was the problem

On one save I managed to loan out two players without a problem, but couldn't loan others. It seems strange that the problem would spring up during a save, instead of right from the beginning of it 

5 minutes ago, andysjfc said:

Having clicked on the club world championship from a news item the game instantly quits? 

We're desperately trying to track this one down so can we have a save please?

I fixed the loans issue earlier today internally. It's a potential hotfix candidate if we decide to do one but obviously all hotfixes have risks and we will have to sum up the post-update issues as a whole before we decide whether or not to go down this route.

Huge number of oddities on Porto. No Sá, no Marega, Oliver still on loan, no Hernâni, no Depoitre, Rúben Neves on B...

Although, great additions such like Diogo Costa, Rui Pires, Afonso Sousa, Diogo Dalot

15 hours ago, Alari said:

We're desperately trying to track this one down so can we have a save please?

Having moved on a couple of weeks it works fine, it was just the first time it was mentioned. Can send a save if it happens again?

10 hours ago, andysjfc said:

Having moved on a couple of weeks it works fine, it was just the first time it was mentioned. Can send a save if it happens again?

Can you let me know the date on which it happened and which team you were managing? Would be really useful.

On 15.03.2017 at 01:45, Del2378 said:

Yes i had same and also i see bids but i can't accept or refuse, because they don't come to messages.

Screenshot_20170316-085509.png

12 hours ago, Özgür Emek said:

Yes i had same and also i see bids but i can't accept or refuse, because they don't come to messages.

Screenshot_20170316-085509.png

If the bids are for players you have demoted try promoting them and the bids should appear at least thats what i was having to do.

On 16/03/2017 at 02:46, Alari said:

Can you let me know the date on which it happened and which team you were managing? Would be really useful.

Roughly the 21st Nov 2021, managing Liverpool 

In general the update is great: very much enjoying the big transfer fees Chinese clubs can now give you! But in addition to the inability to see loan offers people have already mentioned, I've been finding that certain loans are being randomly cut short without player action. Apart from that, keep up the good work!

16 hours ago, Juan Millihand said:

I've been finding that certain loans are being randomly cut short without player action. Apart from that, keep up the good work!

I like that players are sent back, it just adds another touch of realism. 

While at Oxford, I sent a young player on loan to Bath, and he did well. He went back the next season, but returned in February, I checked his stats and he'd only made four appearances. They obviously didn't have any use for him 

On 16.03.2017 at 21:28, Del2378 said:

If the bids are for players you have demoted try promoting them and the bids should appear at least thats what i was having to do.

i tried this but it didn't work for me because my players didn't get bids when they were in second team.

10 hours ago, SaintPaul said:

I like that players are sent back, it just adds another touch of realism. 

While at Oxford, I sent a young player on loan to Bath, and he did well. He went back the next season, but returned in February, I checked his stats and he'd only made four appearances. They obviously didn't have any use for him 

That's a good point - hadn't thought about it that way! It'd be nice though to get a news notification or something telling you that had happened; I was a bit surprised just to see that one of my players had randomly returned and assumed it must have been a glitch....

This is just a mess. I've dearly loved this series since 2008-2009 on my PSP. I think I'm done with it, though.

I'm not going to get into emotional exaggerations. It's not that SI doesn't care. I think it's just a matter of talent being spread too thin. As I understand, it's a small team that works on FMH/FMM, and their resources are stretched thin. Being a $6-$9 game, I get that only so many people can be shifted over to work on the project. Investors must be satisfied, profit must be made. That's business. I can understand.

Alari, Jack, Marc, and I'm sure more I've forgotten have really worked hard to try and be ambassadors for their title. Please don't take this as a knock. You have all been lovely. I've had my issues with the way some things have been said in the past, but I think we can all chalk our reactions up to emotion at one point or another. None of us are perfect, myself especially.

But, it dawns on me that the problem is only likely to get worse as time goes on. A small price point means the company can only spend so much on it. With each passing year, there's MORE devices to be programmed for. More idiosyncracies to take into account. Make it work with HOW many versions of AndroidOS? That's not even counting iOS devices, and let's be honest, there's a good number of them to take into account as well. As I understand, the game can still be played on an iPod Touch. That's a lot of devices to juggle.

Yes, there's going to be a gripe. The past few years have been hit with some real immersion breaking and game-breaking bugs. To see another update come and go, and bugs thought squashed still popping up, 4 months or more after release. Hotfix after hotfix that can't quite solve the problem.

It's not that SI have intentionally been shipping a poor game. It wasn't fair to ever imply that they don't care. There's too much to do, and it doesn't seem near enough people or the money to get it all done. That's what makes me the saddest. I was content to fork over my $30 or so for the PSP version. I'm sure SI didn't sell 10% as many copies at that price as they do now, though. I wish I even had an answer I could point at and say, "THIS, THIS IS WHY THE GAME IS AWFUL, FIX IT." I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the staff at SI wish they could say, too.

The enjoyment is gone, though. I honestly haven't played more than 2 seasons since purchasing. Part of that is on me. It's chafing to feel like I'm paying an increasing amount yearly for a product that's increasingly flawed. I apologize to any and all if this seems harsh. It isn't intended to be. I'm trying to simultaneously express that I understand why some things are the way they are, while balancing it with giving a fair and honest critique of what has made me want to shelve this series. I've played more of FMH '12 and '11 on my PSP in the past year than the past 2 mobile editions combined. It's got fewer features, it's got some glitches, but it does what it's supposed to do.

Thank you guys at SI for all the hard work you continue to put in. This most recent update update and resulting gremlins put a fork in me - I'm done.

@BleedsBlue I totally understand what you're saying. You're right and I feel the same. For me tho the reason I'm still here and continue to play the game is because of this great community. As you said the game is far from perfect and it's incredibly frustrating to see bugs re-appear. But imo the challenges, the sharing, the interaction we have here with fellow Vibers is sort of my hide-out from real life and I very much enjoy that part. Hope you decide to stick around for just that. 

@BatiGoal Being done with the game and done with the community are two separate things. I'll still be around, lurking, making odd comments, watching careers and challenges. Vibe isn't what I need to put away for a while, it's the game itself.

I'll probably find more time for careers and challenges now, actually. I'll enjoy the game vicariously through all of you for a while. Maybe it'll rekindle my love for it. I felt like I had to express something, and at least here, I felt like it could be heard for what it was. Not tearing anything down, but a groan of frustration and exhaustion at something we all quite clearly love. Thanks for hearing me out.