Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FM Mobile 2017 Information - Transfer Update Out Now!

Dec

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

It's a tactical game though, it should be about tactics, it should be about player stats and it shouldn't be about the media! The worst part of football in real life is the media circus surrounding it.  

You want new ways to manage? How about more tactical options, new training, actual set pieces, youth teams and an ITN revamp? Those things are a lot more vital to football than the gossip pages! 

Just different perspectives I guess, I actually want to play the game while you have an interest in media. 

I'm generally with you on this.

The core game loop for FMM IMHO  should be buying and selling players, tweaking tactics and playing matches. There needs to be other features mixed in and around this but I'd say most people really care about these things. I don't know if I personally believe media plays a big part in that loop.

I  think most managers dont give a hoot what the media think or say imo 

I imagine they say whatever makes the media happy then says the opposite to players for example so I dont think extra media stuff is needed really.

For a real life manager I imagine that what the media think is dead last on his list

59 minutes ago, Marc Duffy said:

I'm generally with you on this.

The core game loop for FMM IMHO  should be buying and selling players, tweaking tactics and playing matches. There needs to be other features mixed in and around this but I'd say most people really care about these things. I don't know if I personally believe media plays a big part in that loop.

To clarify I don't mean press conferences every week and when I say media I include team talks and player interaction in with this as well as non-interactive parts that help the manager. Media to me is everything in the news feed from post game reports to when you first sign a player and fans weigh in. I do not think it should be like FM or be heavily interactive but I believe the game should pick key moments to either talk to the team under assistant advice, talk to the media or speak to a player. This will then impact many sections of the game including happiness of players, fans and board, ability to sign a player/clubs' willingness to bargain, player training levels, performance in the next few games and expectations.

No only the new feature, but also we need working feature. In FMM2016, some new features (pass direction, primary attacker, primary outlet)  are added for tactics part. I am very glad for these features.

But I don't think I have found the way to use these features...

Game could add some more news and some media questoning(not press conference every week tho) but not until tactical bugs are fixed and all other concerning gameplay(too much red cards,disallowed goals) so media can wait until 2018-19 what I would like to see in this version is better player interaction, as years pass there should be manager contract, better board negotiation and so on but not until gameplay is totally fixed as it is primary core of the game and it is still slacking

Edit: I forgot transfer clauses in negotiation, more important then player interaction

Edited by Lav50

I don't want full blown press conferences, but slightly more interesting match previews would be nice, along with occasional and unrepetitive questions and situations perhaps regarding a contract or bad result. Something loosely based on what @Dec said, but it has to be infrequent.

I'm not in favour of any more news as it will get repetitive there's no getting away from that fact. 

I would like one option though (contradicts myself). We currently have the option to praise or criticise an individual player. I would like the option the lambast the whole team or praise the whole team (not full time team talk). 

Sometimes you get a match and you just want to tell them it wasn't acceptable. I can already see a problem though. If this was a feature the game would naturally throw in a few poor games a season to give you the opportunity to respond. It would come down to more puzzle solving and be another time sink. 

Forget that then. I will have to continue shouting at my wife instead. 

My issue with praising or bashing the players is do we really know why bad performances are happening? Do we have enough information to really use this feature?

Across all my saves recently the DMC has had the worst rating, even though his results and in match stats are solid. I've asked around and this still seems a common issue like the game doesn't value the DMC. Anyway my point is should I be slaughtering this player? He's doing what I expect just not setting the world alight average rating wise. I don't believe it is but for arguments sake could the issue be my tactic doesn't suit the role more than the player isn't performing? The game doesn't offer any input for me to make that decision, as like I said his in match stats and results are solid. I watch all games on the my player stats screen so I know what's going on, tbh if com only was actually faster it's how I'd play the game. 

Then what do a praise for? My ISF has a good run of form and impresses yet he's constantly wasting chances with long shots, the general praise will indicate I'm happy with this when I'm not, yet negative feedback will just ruin him and not pin point my issues. 

My sweeper keeper on short passing averages less than 50% pass completion (bug surely) but has a solid AvR due to saves made and so on. Do I praise him for not doing as I've asked due to obviously taking long passes often yet making the saves that count?

The game needs to be so much more advanced for this type of feature to have any legs. You'd need more tactical control then the interaction control to pin point certain areas of the players game IMO. Say you can actually edit roles to do what you want then each option will also have an interaction tab so you can praise him for doing what you want so encouraging it yet slaughter them for doing what you've not asked and so on. 

On 31/10/2016 at 23:08, Dec said:

To clarify I don't mean press conferences every week and when I say media I include team talks and player interaction in with this as well as non-interactive parts that help the manager. Media to me is everything in the news feed from post game reports to when you first sign a player and fans weigh in. I do not think it should be like FM or be heavily interactive but I believe the game should pick key moments to either talk to the team under assistant advice, talk to the media or speak to a player. This will then impact many sections of the game including happiness of players, fans and board, ability to sign a player/clubs' willingness to bargain, player training levels, performance in the next few games and expectations.

I would love to more media interaction to be honest, does not have to be as much as FM, before/after every game, but something that focuses on rivalries, club rivalries i.e. Sunderland v Newcastle, manager rivalries Pep v Jose and player rivalries with press conferences based around those factors and also more media interest in David v Goliath Cup games i.e. Burton v Man Utd a few years.

While some may not care for that, it is something I know I would quite enjoy if it ever featured.

Another feature I would love is the chance to build relationships in the game similar to FM with Liked/Disliked Personnel

But we are the manager. We know who we like and don't like so why do we need the game to tell us? I'd hate the game to potential ruin a signing as it randomly decided I didn't like him. Or have I miss understood your meaning? 

On 10/27/2016 at 02:49, Marc Duffy said:

You guys might not like our strategy and the strategy might not be perfect but it's the one we are using for this year. Sorry :(

Terribly late, but you have my personal and sincere apologies. I wrote that post frustrated and offended. Thanks for taking the time, you and Alari, to try to explain to us where you were coming from.

Thanks for your polite words and taking my words written in anger like a true professional. You're right. We may not all like the strategy, but it's there, and having some degree of insight into why which decisions were made does put a lot in perspective.

For comparison here is Watford's ground on 2016. 

3fKawTR.jpg

Hard to tell as images are different sizes but apart from the shade of Watford's yellow what's changed? 

Edited by Ashez

What I saw from screen shoot is 352.

Both teams are using 352. 

Will 442 bug change to 352 bug?

Edited by rseven
13 minutes ago, Ashez said:

For comparison here is Watford's ground on 2016. 

3fKawTR.jpg

Hard to tell as images are different sizes but apart from the shade of Watford's yellow what's changed? 

I couldn't see what had changed in the new screenshot, glad you posted this so I don't have to reinstall the game to compare :)

6 minutes ago, rseven said:

What I saw from screen shoot us 352.

Both teams are using 352. 

Will 442 bug change to 352 bug?

Watford as well? I see that for Everton but I read that as 442 been broke on for Watford. 

Everton's 2-5 are the defence, so I'll assume that's the same for Watford with the RB caught up frield with the clearing player filling in. So 6 and 7 are the wingers with 8 and 9 as the midfielders, 10 + 11 the strikers. The number 4/LB being so far back compared to the Everton player makes me think that anyway. 5 + 6 seem way too far up to be wing backs for Watford (the defending team) compared to Everton's. 

Tbh I'm starting to confuse myself lmao, I read it originally as 442 vs 3412 anyway. The fact we can have this debat is somewhat worrying as this is how we're meant to read the game :P 

14 minutes ago, UKFootballScore said:

I hoped they had made a new base stadium for the android version as that one gets old quickly!

Its crazy how you've got a 89,000 stadium and thats the pic used

FM sponsor Watford don't they? And now Everton are involved so makes sense it's those two. 

26 minutes ago, TheHirinator said:

So basically the same as 2016 and 2015...

57jcJNY.jpg

2015 image of Watford's ground. So it's not the same, some trees have been removed :P