Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FM Mobile 2017 Information - Transfer Update Out Now!

Dec

25 minutes ago, Ashez said:

It's an effective way to reveal the information though, what would work better? 

True - but I'm not sure it's relevant considering you're supposed to be a Football Manager? Even armed with the information about who the favourite to win is, you can't do anything to affect it. I'm not even sure how accurate some of the odds are tbh. 

Crowd sizes seem irrelevant too. Do they impact on your finances? Do bigger crowds put more pressure on your team when playing at home? Like the odds feature, they just seem like loose ends to me.

Gimme a couple of new stadiums or reduce the time it takes to issue a yellow card - that would do for me! 

31 minutes ago, Mark Pea said:

True - but I'm not sure it's relevant considering you're supposed to be a Football Manager? Even armed with the information about who the favourite to win is, you can't do anything to affect it. I'm not even sure how accurate some of the odds are tbh. 

Crowd sizes seem irrelevant too. Do they impact on your finances? Do bigger crowds put more pressure on your team when playing at home? Like the odds feature, they just seem like loose ends to me.

Gimme a couple of new stadiums or reduce the time it takes to issue a yellow card - that would do for me! 

A football manager will know if they are the underdog or the favourite, it's just an indicator. I assume you're meant to use it as an indicator of if you should be cagey or go for it etc. If you're the favourite you could play attacking but if you aren't you could play balanced on the break etc. I wouldn't say the odds are realistic but they aren't meant to be, it's just an indicator to let the player know which is the better team etc. You're looking at it too much like a betting feature which it isn't, the idea of the feature is to give the needed information and it's disguised as odds to fit the theme of the game.  

Crowd size I'm not sure what it effects in match, it's not something I've ever really paid attention to. That is an issue with FMM though as a lot has to be assumed as it's not said anywhere. Almost everything I know is from here and not in game which isn't ideal, especially as Vibe is only a fraction of the fan base and a lot of it is speculation. 

I personally don't use the stadium upgrade but I'm 99% sure upgrading it does boost your funds. Just like winning trophies does going back to your previous point. Where the money comes from isn't broken down but all these things determine how much you get each year. 

3 hours ago, Mark Pea said:

Crowd sizes do impact on finances in the long run.

I don't actually know if it affects players in match beyond a big home crowd boosting morale, but I have the suspicion it can also impact on referee judgement.

Edited by Alari
5 hours ago, Ashez said:

Odds are just to show who's favourite etc 

As @Ashez says the odds are to give an idea of how challenging the match is likely to be for your side and to give a bit of colour to the build-up. In comparison to other features that people might think would be easy, these are truly simple indeed and don't take much in the way of development time to maintain. 

Edit: We did actually tweak the odds a little while back as there were some betting companies clearly making way too much profit or heavy losses depending on context, but in terms of work that is much smaller than even adding one single news item.

Edited by Alari
8 hours ago, Ashez said:

It's an effective way to reveal the information though, what would work better? 

It works, in theory, unfortunately the odds very rarely match the reality of where teams are in terms of quality. Managing at Celtic, I faced Ajax in Amsterdam, Celtic were 1/14 on to win, I very much doubt that any team in history have had those odds against Ajax. A few weeks later I was away to Dundee utd in the league and had odds of 1/2, making my team very very slight favorites. In the same season the team were also big favorites against Real Madrid and slight favorites against Man utd and Napoli (both away from home) 

Well my Friday prediction was wide of the mark.....

Hopefully the following will be taken in the constructive manner in which it is given. It's in relation to the marketing of the game as opposed to the game itself.

Every business worth its salt will have a Quality Assurance procedure and I fully expect SI to have one. The main roll of QA is to gather and listen to customer feedback. From that feedback areas of weakness and negative trends can be deduced and plans made to improve them. 

As far as I can tell, the main sources of feedback for SI will come from the different app stores, SI forum and Vibe.

Forgive me if I am wrong but I always think of the App Store reviews as knee jerk reaction that are given pretty soon after purchasing the app. They may love it or hate and will quickly comment and rate it however over the next few months the customers opinion could change completely and it is rare for them to go back to the place of purchase and correct their original review. For me then, the App Store reviews are the least helpful when it comes to QA. 

Next we have SI's own Forum. I have spent a little bit of time there over the years but am by no means a regular reader of content there. It does come across as a little sterile with opinions few and far between and looks more like an online 'Help' resource (the FMM section I'm talking about). People start new threads 'how do I' the answer is given the thread comes to a natural end. Still better imho for gauging accurate feedback than from app stores. 

That brings us onto independent sites such as Vibe. It's fairly obvious to anyone that this would be the main port of call when it comes to gathering honest feedback. Sure, as a Vibe member I may be a little biased in that view but the reality is it's the truth. Members have no need massage SI egos and can comment honestly. A little too honestly at times but I feel  @Dec does a good job and has the right balance between letting members vent their frustrations and stepping in when it goes too far. I also think members do a good job of policing each other and will quickly comment if someone over steps the mark. In short this feedback is not driven by agenda and should be listened to.

So what's my point?

2017 has been marketed in the way it has and no amount of complaining is going to change that. I hope that SI listen to the feedback and take it on board as everyone wants the same thing, the best for the franchise. No one is commenting because they want to harm the game or see a decrease in sales.

That feedback should be pretty clear and the data gathered for their Quality Assurance should be jumping out of the page telling them what they have done well and where they need to improve. 

It seems obvious that this years marketing strategy has failed miserably. For every positive comment on the strategy there must be 100 negative ones (QA alarm bells!). Comments like 'That's the way we are doing it so tough' (I'm paraphrasing now) are not constructive or inline with a company that takes QA seriously. I'm sure it is a serious matter and emotion just got the better of the SI staff member at the time. 

SI have earned the right to do it their way but looking at the feedback that is available to us general fans, a better simpler way would be-

Sale date reveal. 1 month- 6 weeks before release. 

One screen shot or comment revealing some changes from the previous version each week for the last month. That's only 4 minor interactions and doesn't have to be big reveals. 

Sale time with 'the' big new feature reveal. 

That would please most fans I feel. What didn't suite most fans was. 

Sale date revealed. 

Radio silence  

Game on sale

However that is still better than what has happened for FMM 17 .

Sale date and reveal of 2 unknown leagues given as well as the promise of more news in the coming weeks.

Followed by, no news....,,,

The argument will be that releasing news just before the game is on sale is still honouring the comment 'more news in the coming weeks'  

However for anyone taking that stance I would like to draw attention to something else on SI's own site  

October 21st Marc Vaughan said

We've confirmed there will be two new leagues - full details of the features etc. will be released in the near(ish) future, please be patient chaps.

There can be no denying that is very obviously confusing at best, misleading at worst.

Please study the feedback given and make changes for the marketing strategy for FMM18  

I hope this has come across as constructive as we honestly do all want the same thing. 

Edited by billy2shots

I have heard that FMT 2017 is just a reskin of the 16 version except for just some useless social media tab. Should we expect the same for FMM 17??

I don't want to invest again in  the same game from last three years with just a rooster update 

Edited by grizmo
7 minutes ago, grizmo said:

I have heard that FMT 2017 is just a reskin of the 16 version except for just some useless social media tab. Should we expect the same for FMM 17??

I don't want to invest again in  the same game from last three years with just a rooster update 

I think it's important that roosters are updated. They are beautiful beasts.

14 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

I think it's important that roosters are updated. They are beautiful beasts.

I don't want to see SI Games chicken out of developing roosters. They're bird-brains if they do and people will suspect fowl play. 

Only thing that was added on previous versions is EME, it truly is revolutionary, everything else was useless, tactical options are shallow, SI adds what they think is good without listening to fans, if 442 bug is not completely resolved on EME then don't even release the game or erase EME from it, doing anything else would be ridicolous

Yea I'm a big fan of the EME too, and after requesting for it in the SI forums, I was very pleased when it showed up and did not disappoint. However, after the release of the EME, it seemed like the developers ran out of steam..  or perhaps deemed the EME worthy enough to carry the following year's iteration and they could get away with a reskin. I do agree with the developers that the EME was a major advancement in the direction of FMM but like Lav, in my opinion, none of the other new features came anywhere close.

The 4-4-2 bug is quite a game breaker and just feels like you're playing against the same team every single match. Not to mention the AI giving you a free handicap in playing their players in the wrong positions. Can't believe it's been around for so long and SI hasn't fixed it yet. 

Well it might be difficult to, but let's hope that this year's release will be better, especially after all the bitter disappointment in SI's recent marketing strategy. 

1 hour ago, Lav50 said:

Only thing that was added on previous versions is EME, it truly is revolutionary, everything else was useless, tactical options are shallow, SI adds what they think is good without listening to fans, if 442 bug is not completely resolved on EME then don't even release the game or erase EME from it, doing anything else would be ridicolous

Spot on. I am not going to bother playing the game if they don't fix this bug. Let's see how it pans out. Just a few more days...

All I can say is: those who really wanted to know all the new features haven't done their best to find out. It's all been on the Sega website for days, perhaps even weeks? It's been taken off now, of course, but if you were as interested as I was, you should have had no trouble in finding it ;)

12 minutes ago, Jens said:

All I can say is: those who really wanted to know all the new features haven't done their best to find out. It's all been on the Sega website for days, perhaps even weeks? It's been taken off now, of course, but if you were as interested as I was, you should have had no trouble in finding it ;)

you think that someone will believe in that or?? lol

18 minutes ago, Jens said:

Enlighten us with the knowledge you have gathered then...

Frankly I don't care if you believe me or not. There are enough people who know I'm not inventing things. Unfortunately I have been asked not to give things away. Just wanted to say that the information was out there for everyone to find.

51 minutes ago, Jens said:

Well played ;) 

7 hours ago, AeroLAD said:

Spot on. I am not going to bother playing the game if they don't fix this bug. Let's see how it pans out. Just a few more days...

You still trolling this place :)

Hmm..not really excited with the particular leagues tbh but ok..I know lot of people will be..

Hopefully the new leagues is not the only addition in the game

Poland? Really? There's a lot more interesting leagues they could and should have added.

The delay in announcing new features could either be because they're announcing something big, or there's nothing much to announce. I'd go with the latter.

12 minutes ago, Robbrown172 said:

Poland? Really? There's a lot more interesting leagues they could and should have added.

The delay in announcing new features could either be because they're announcing something big, or there's nothing much to announce. I'd go with the latter.

I think Switzerland, Greece, Russia, Ukraine or even Denmark would be much more preferable than Poland

Edited by andrelotti

With Brazil being removed it would have been nice to get Argentina, to keep a South American option. Russia would have been better than either turkey or Poland  

I'm happy with the new leagues. I'm guessing Poland will be good for goal related challenges.

With Brazil gone will there be any south american national teams to manage? And I'm guessing we'll have a lot less south american players in the database.

kAnyunL.png

kHjnRcc.png