Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

News FM Mobile 2017 Information - Transfer Update Out Now!

Dec

Is the game still being released in a week and is everyone expecting a reskin because we haven't heard anything about what's been added?

Not gunna lie this hasn't filled me with belief, we were told it would be different but I think it's even worse than last year. 

From a quick search we seemed to have feature information as soon as September 7th last year, all I remember was it was with the FM reveal IIRC. It did dry up for a time but then we got more before release I think. I know it went dark for ages and we got frustrated though, September is a tad early to reveal all tbf. 

We knew all this early September last year (just picked the first thread to cover it). 

2017 is a week away and we know next to nothing. New leagues, big whoop at this point. 

I think the IGE editor is the key to seeing what they think about us. Ignoring the fact it's pay to win but I'm focusing on it's features. 

The IGE was released last year as the exact same bit of kit as 2015's, it didn't work with any of the new features or anything which is embarrassing, especially due to it's shocking price point. 

If the 2017 editor releases and isn't updated to include features included in the game it's clear that it's a cash grab and that they have no respect for their customers at all. 

I've never used the editor so I'm even assuming it actually works as intended btw. 

Its exactly the same so when you edit anyone it makes there stats better without touching them etc all the same old stuff I think as when it was first released

Its an interesting way to look at It really mate and a very good shout aswell

2 minutes ago, UKFootballScore said:

Its exactly the same so when you edit anyone it makes there stats better without touching them etc all the same old stuff I think as when it was first released

Its an interesting way to look at It really mate and a very good shout aswell

It costs the same amount as the game or near enough, the fact it's not updated or doesn't work is a joke. It's only there as a ploy for struggling players to pay to win or for the few who want to edit the game. 

Some will see it as an extra that isn't important but at that price point that doesn't wash with me. 

Maybe the 'marketing department ' should print this thread off and stick it on the fridge at SI towers. It will be a reminder of how not to pi55 off real fans so they don't make the same mistake next year. 

On 07/11/2016 at 20:20, BleedsBlue said:

Sorry to make you repeat yourself, and sorry for having misunderstood the point you were making. Thanks for the info. That's... wow. That's a lot of money, from what I'm reading.

For everyone else, it's about the equivalent of most of a day's wage. That's before taxes would be applied, I don't know if there are payroll taxes on income. The minimum wage is 891 liras monthly.  In US/UK equivalent, we're looking at the price of a brand new AAA title plus day one DLC.

Again, not that it's a defense, but... holywow. I understand why SI doesn't change the price for Turkish buyers, there would be a mess of people using VPN to buy the game at (to them) dirt cheap prices.

@lishane1905 - Am I understanding correctly that FM Mobile lacks Turkish language support? On that note, if it does, do you think the games sales vs piracy would increase dramatically with the addition of Turkish language support? Even if, for example, they were not able to achieve licensing for Turkish leagues?

I am assuming you are taking the proverbial here???  Equivalent of most of a day's wage.  Sorry but unless I am mistaken the cost is only $6.  3.5 Lira = $1 so therefore 21 Lira divided by 3.5 = 6.  This isn't extortionate at all, what are we going on about here!!

1 hour ago, davidblack said:

I am assuming you are taking the proverbial here???  Equivalent of most of a day's wage.  Sorry but unless I am mistaken the cost is only $6.  3.5 Lira = $1 so therefore 21 Lira divided by 3.5 = 6.  This isn't extortionate at all, what are we going on about here!!

When i bought it 2.9 dollars was 1 lira.U can check if u want.If u think this is cheap with nothing added i think we really have different mindsets.Also it will get even more expensive this year.Also as i stated im a student and i only buy stuff like this by saving money.I know its a global problem as dec stated but i can get 5 days of lunch in school with fmm2016s price.

Screenshot_20161110-191645.jpg

Edited by lishane1905
Added some stuff
1 hour ago, davidblack said:

Excuse me. Seems everyone on this board is entitled to be rude as they like except me. So, that said, read the entire post, please. Your commentary is ignorant and redactive. I explained everything in my post. You chose to ignore it and comment ignorantly.

Edited by BleedsBlue
Before I get accused of being unfairly harsh again :/

Ok so first off I am just basing my posts on the facts I have read and I must apologise as I prefixed the number 6 in my last post with a dollar sign as opposed to a Euro sign so for the avoidance of doubt I will use full transcription. So......

On 07/11/2016 at 19:49, lishane1905 said:

If i remember it correctly i bought it for 21 turkish liras.1 euro is 3.5 liras now.Hoping it wont get anymore expensive.As a student it seems like a small number but im buying by saving money and it takes time.

Lishane1905 bought the game for 21 Turkish Lira.  3.5 Turkish Lira is the equivalent of 1 Euro.  Therefore......21 Turkish Lira is the equivalent of 6 Euros.  Don't need Carol Vorderman to work that one out.  Not seeing where dollars are being brought into the mix here but never mind.

8 minutes ago, BleedsBlue said:

Excuse me. Seems everyone on this board is entitled to be rude as they like except me. So, that said, read the entire post, please. Your commentary is ignorant and redactive. I explained everything in my post. You chose to ignore it and comment ignorantly.

Based on my commentary, it is neither ignorant nor redactive reductive.  It is purely based on the factual evidence that has been written on the post and the very simple usage of a calculator.  

1 minute ago, BleedsBlue said:

Oi, not even engaging you on this, you're ignoring the incredibly low incomes in turkey. Minimum wage employees are bringing in 251 euro/month. And yes, my phone autocorrected a word incorrectly. Shine on, you brilliant star, you.

Well you are engaging me on it ^^^^

I'll leave this paragraph below here just for you....Do some very basic research. Google is quite a handy tool for that sort of stuff.

Turkey: New Minimum Wage

(Jan. 7, 2016) As of January 1, 2016, the net minimum wage paid by Turkish businesses to their employees increased by about 30%, from TL1,000 to TL1,300 per month (about US$333 – $433). The Turkish government is to cover “some 40 percent of the cost,” about TL110, of the increase, amounting in all to around TL9.7 billion (about US$3.3 billion),

Im just not gonna reply anymore.As its getting off topic.Just u guys to understand when u read my previous posts my main point was if the game would be cheaper it would sold a lot more in Turkey.Also if u look at Steams policies on selling games in Russia u would get what i meant.If u want to see how bad it is just look at a triple a game price in Turkey.U will get how bad it is only when u face it.

Just now, lishane1905 said:

Im just not gonna reply anymore.As its getting off topic.Just u guys to understand when u read my previous posts my main point was if the game would be cheaper it would sold a lot more in Turkey.Also if u look at Steams policies on selling games in Russia u would get what i meant.If u want to see how bad it is just look at a triple a game price in Turkey.U will get how bad it is only when u face it.

The thing is a lot in Turkey pay for Triple A games. I have played Turkish people on a PS4 on FIFA. That is a lot more than an Android/iOS game.

1 minute ago, Dec said:

The thing is a lot in Turkey pay for Triple A games. I have played Turkish people on a PS4 on FIFA. That is a lot more than an Android/iOS game.

A lot  is with some games such as fifa or fm.Lets see how many people are going to pay 220 tl to civ 6 or 179 to doom.

Evening all. After a rather long absence from the game (admittedly self-imposed after the initial disappointment of FMM16) I was, and still am I think, very much looking forward to the next installment in the series. 

Like everyone else though I am disappointed at the lack of updates since the initial post back in October. I don't think that SI helped by promising more "in the coming weeks" and then not providing.

Surely there was room for a new feature/league update 2-3 weeks after the first post just to keep people's appetites whetted without clashing with the upcoming FM release. And I was hoping we'd get something by today with only a week to go before FMM's release.

Having said all this, I am however trying to keep positive. Any new league has got to be a bonus in terms of variety from previous games and any new feature does give us something else to play with and discuss, even if it is ultimately not very well implemented.

I know poorly made features are a bone of contention but let's give the makers some credit for trying to improve the game and hopefully they will iron out some of the bugs this year.

22 hours ago, UKFootballScore said:

Its now becoming an absolute joke tbh! 'News in the coming weeks' hahahahaha 

Fuck SI and Fuck FMM2017

We've been trying to engage more with the community and we have come on here and explained in some detail to you guys - probably more than we should - the reason why the marketing is being done in this way.

If we are going to get abusive comments like this we will be less enthusiastic in engaging with people on here in the future.

Tomorrow is the big day imho. I'm convinced some details will be given on Friday.

I have nothing to base this on accept it is what I would do. Friday's are always a happy day as most will have the weekend off, the weekend is prime time for people to whip themselves up into a frenzy online and by the time the weekend has finished we will be in the home straight. 

10 minutes ago, billy2shots said:

Tomorrow is the big day imho. I'm convinced some details will be given on Friday.

I have nothing to base this on accept it is what I would do. Friday's are always a happy day as most will have the weekend off, the weekend is prime time for people to whip themselves up into a frenzy online and by the time the weekend has finished we will be in the home straight. 

I concur. In my office Friday normally is the last day we want to run a big campaign just in case something goes wrong and we cannot fix it until Monday. SI will surely want people to be on hand answering questions and therefore Friday wouldn't be ideal.

20 minutes ago, Alari said:

We've been trying to engage more with the community and we have come on here and explained in some detail to you guys - probably more than we should - the reason why the marketing is being done in this way.

If we are going to get abusive comments like this we will be less enthusiastic in engaging with people on here in the future.

Hang on what explanation have we had? must have missed that one...

At no point has anyone said anywhere why they said news will follow in the following weeks and then its only a eeek from release and we've had NOTHING? explain why that was considered a good idea and why that was the best thing for the game and the community?

On 10/4/2016 at 23:15, Marc Duffy said:

Don't know if I go along with that (is that a surprise)

Today was just game announcement day where we would typically release some logos and date the game. We could have just left it at that but then I am almost certain the reaction would have been negative.

The full feature reveal will be fed at a reasonable pace via our website and social media networks in the coming weeks. The difference between this year and say last is a) The FMM announcement was broken away from the main FM announcement b) We decided to mention early on that we are planning to add new leagues. 

All that said, I'm not following why you'd think these are the same mistakes as previous years when it's a slightly different approach. I know there has been some negativity towards the game in the past few years so please try to break it down for me in a constructive fashion.

On 10/19/2016 at 13:13, Alari said:

IMO given the huge amount of media coverage the PC game has had in recent days, releasing anything FMM-related would have got lost to the general public - and we need the information to get through to them as well as the hardcore fans here! But that's just my guess and I'm sure the marketing guys will put out what they need to when they need to.

On 10/23/2016 at 09:09, Marc Duffy said:

I doubt we will do anything FMM  till the window of post FM release and pre-FMM release. 

See my post above.

On 10/23/2016 at 13:34, Marc Duffy said:

Our previous communication dated the release and stated we'd be adding two more leagues. I don't feel that is an announcement of an announcement

I'm not sure what the continued concern is here. The game comes out 17th November, we will tell you what leagues we added and what is new in the game before the game comes out to allow you all to decide whether you should buy or not. 

FMM will have its time to shine.

On 10/24/2016 at 10:10, Marc Duffy said:

@BleedsBlue 

Bugs raised here are being taken seriously and discussed elsewhere. Not 100% sure if you are referring to the 4-4-2 bug but that one most certainly gets talked about most days.

Marketing and PR strategies are also discussed a lot internally. I've got involved this year, I dont fully know how things were done in previous years but I'm keen at every opportunity to give the game it's own voice. Did you see the recent video? I think the marketing guys did a great job of making FMM quite a prominent part of the campaign and that theme will continue.

You may think I'm being defensive, I think I'm being honest. Each and every one of you will get the chance to see what is new in the game and decide if you will purchase before it comes out. We can argue about the timings and we may never agree but everyone should know that we are all in this to try and make the game even better.

On 10/26/2016 at 13:51, Alari said:

We had more 'joint' marketing for the two products last year and it led to some confusion - a lot of people thought the game was actually more like a mobile client for the PC game or an attempt to replicate the PC experience on mobile. So we're trying very much the opposite to see how results differ.

Also, mobile apps are usually impulse buys, and since pre-order functionality isn't yet available on the app stores, it makes little sense to have a big campaign when the game can't even be bought yet.

On 10/27/2016 at 07:49, Marc Duffy said:

You guys might not like our strategy and the strategy might not be perfect but it's the one we are using for this year. Sorry :(

Sorry mate but all that is, is excuses pal 

Where does it say on there why exactly they said we'd have news when we haven't? simple as that really? I couldnt care less about FM and nor does the majority of players and u personally think doing features and news alongside FM would massively benefit reach to the FM PC players anyway so why the marketing team feel the need to say we'll get news in the coming weeks then proceed not say anything until the week of release. I just dont understand that one bit 

We appreciate the extra effort on here but any news this week is too late to make a massive difference as far as getting a buzz going for the game.

There is plenty of detailed explanation there as to why a) we have chosen not to do it alongside PC and b) the timing. We are prepared to come on here and help people out/answer questions but not to take abuse and if people aren't commenting constructively it doesn't increase our desire to engage.

If you think back a few years there used to be nothing at all sometimes until a few hours before release.

3 hours ago, BleedsBlue said:

Dude, the income disparity is still massive. But carry on, you're awesome.

Cheers mate, took you long enough.:P

2 hours ago, UKFootballScore said:

Doesnt matter what you earn...

The cost of something is just the cost of something I'm afraid

Why should you get it for less than us jusy because we earn more?? 

Hats off mate, well said!!