Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Poll Two New Leagues Announced! Poll

Two New Leagues Announced   

131 members have voted

1. 1. SI have just announced that Football Manager Mobile 2017 will feature 2 new leagues. We would like to know what 2 leagues you would like to see and why?

• Chinese Super League
    • Russian Premier League
    • K League Classic
    • Swiss Super League
    • Superleague Greece
    • Süper Lig
    • Ekstraklasa
    • Liga MX
    • Argentine Primera División
    • MLS
    • Other (Please Comment)

Argentina was a great league to manage in other versions so I would love to see that in FMM. 

Out of the other choices I would say Russia. It was a close call between that and China and I think SI will go with the China option. China is what Russia was 10 years ago with big money being invested. Russia has more pedigree though so that would be my personal choice. 

I think that the Chinese Super League and Russian Premier League will be added but honestly I would love the MLS due to the unique experience it would offer but this is unlikely. If they do add the CSL and RPL it would be interesting to see how they financially compare to the top five euro leagues, especially  how the CSL seems to be able to financially compete with the top clubs in world football. Alex Teixeira's transfer highlights this with his in game wage and real world transfer fee usually only something you would see at the world's top clubs

I want to play as my favorite MLS club so badly. And the fact that MLS is partnering with so many Premiere League clubs and players has been great for its exposure here and abroad. Plus, even though we've been able to play MLS in Classic/Touch and the Full version for years, it would be nice to have that different league style and playoff system. 

I want more clubs/leagues in line with Portugal so Russia and Turkey really appeal, but only if the financing is right and they can pull off the amazing deals they can IRL.

China somewhat fits in that bracket and as the league wants exposure it could be a good option for both parties. Then again South Korea is the only playable Asian ITN team so maybe they'd lean that way? 

I don't see any South American leagues coming as Brazil has never been as popular as it should be

MLS just simply isn't coming lol. Sorry to crush your hopes and dreams but from what I've read here it's basically impossible at this point. (Point system in Scottish cup and new cup formats in England might not happen so how would the MLS). 

I could see the Swiss league coming but not sure why. 

In an ideal world we'll get one for business/marketing and one for the fans but time will tell. I've always wanted Turkey, Russia, Ukraine and Greece so I'd take one of those as long as they're done right. Let's remember last new leagues were Wales and both Ireland's lol. 

I'll take a punt on South Korea (business) and Russia (for fans). South Korea due to the ITN team being playable mainly and Russia as I see it more likely than Turkey and more interesting than Greece. 

Edited by Ashez

I'd like to see Polish Ekstraklasa (but it's to weak to be in the game) because that's my country, and MLS because it's unique and has some great players to manage. But they won't include it too... ;)

Can't say I'm massively bothered about new leagues (would prefer new features). Won't be MLS, Alari has already said the PC game has its own coder for MLS rules so we can rule that one out. China is probably quite likely though as SI would probably like to appeal further to their ever growing Asian fan base.

10 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

Can't say I'm massively bothered about new leagues (would prefer new features). Won't be MLS, Alari has already said the PC game has its own coder for MLS rules so we can rule that one out. China is probably quite likely though as SI would probably like to appeal further to their ever growing Asian fan base.

So MLS is not possible because they don't know how to code for that league setup? That's a bummer. If they can code the Champions League, I'm surprised they can't get MLS's one league, split in 2 divisions, where the top 6 in each move on to a knock-out post-season. It's basically Champions League but the group stage is with 10 clubs in each of 2 groups, then 2 match knock-outs, and a final. 

13 hours ago, curtneedsaride said:

So MLS is not possible because they don't know how to code for that league setup? That's a bummer. If they can code the Champions League, I'm surprised they can't get MLS's one league, split in 2 divisions, where the top 6 in each move on to a knock-out post-season. It's basically Champions League but the group stage is with 10 clubs in each of 2 groups, then 2 match knock-outs, and a final. 

It's not that they don't know how to code it, simply that all the complex code it would require would not leave much space for other features or leagues.

I want any European nation, Swiss, Croatian, Ukrainian, Russian League or whatever, because I think the main goal in the game is to dominate Europe and win the UCL with a small team, there isn't any aim with a non European team, cause you don't have any "continental competition"...

And concerning the players in China or MLS, we already have the "stars" in the game...

3 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

It's not that they don't know how to code it, simply that all the complex code it would require would not leave much space for other features or leagues.

But in FM Touch there's not only MLS, but all of the leagues can be played in 3D matches, and that exists as an app on the App Store. There should be plenty of room to add new leagues. Did they not structure the app in a way that it can be added to or surpass a specific file size? If FMT can exist on the App Store, then it's a weird excuse that FMM can't handle adding the coding for MLS. But if that is the case, I really do wish they'd just make FMT compatible with phones and not just tablets, since then we could have the option for 3D highlights, as well as MLS. 

I think it'll be MLS and Chinese league... just marketing trick to increase sales of FMM due to the potential of users in these two countries ;-)

I'm intensely hoping for at least a simplified version of the MLS and Denmark. The Danes have so much potential, when you think about it.

If not those, I'm hoping Switzerland or Mexico.

20 hours ago, curtneedsaride said:

But in FM Touch there's not only MLS, but all of the leagues can be played in 3D matches, and that exists as an app on the App Store. There should be plenty of room to add new leagues. Did they not structure the app in a way that it can be added to or surpass a specific file size? If FMT can exist on the App Store, then it's a weird excuse that FMM can't handle adding the coding for MLS. But if that is the case, I really do wish they'd just make FMT compatible with phones and not just tablets, since then we could have the option for 3D highlights, as well as MLS. 

FmTouch is for high end tablets for a reason. Most of the people who own FMM own it because their device is a phone or it is not a high end tablet (obviously with exception). Most phones or tablets cannot run the 3D engine very well if at all, and it would be a huge strain on the device's RAM (most tablets and phones have something around 1Gb).

There is clearly a huge amount of complex code needed to programme the MLS rules, far too much for a mobile game. I can't think of many games available on phones that are more complex or take more processing power to run than FMM.

Ask any SI employee and I'm certain they'll say the same.

21 minutes ago, Fish18ish said:

FmTouch is for high end tablets for a reason. Most of the people who own FMM own it because their device is a phone or it is not a high end tablet (obviously with exception). Most phones or tablets cannot run the 3D engine very well if at all, and it would be a huge strain on the device's RAM (most tablets and phones have something around 1Gb).

There is clearly a huge amount of complex code needed to programme the MLS rules, far too much for a mobile game. I can't think of many games available on phones that are more complex or take more processing power to run than FMM.

Ask any SI employee and I'm certain they'll say the same.

This is correct. I'll also add that (correct me if i'm wrong) I'm 90% sure that the MLS on FMTouch doesn't have all of the rules in it because it's so complex. Personally i'd rather have a new league with the correct rules than one with only half of them, i'm sure there's people that feel the same way.

3 minutes ago, Jack Joyce said:

This is correct. I'll also add that (correct me if i'm wrong) I'm 90% sure that the MLS on FMTouch doesn't have all of the rules in it because it's so complex. Personally i'd rather have a new league with the correct rules than one with only half of them, i'm sure there's people that feel the same way.

Spot on, your comments recently are single handedly reinstalling my faith in SI.  

12 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Spot on, your comments recently are single handedly reinstalling my faith in SI.  

Agreed, gone are the days when SI would wriggle there way out of these questions, honesty is the new kid on the block.

True. MLS is complexed so I ruled it out moment I saw him..no point adding the half done league that would just take up place for new features and take up storage

On 10/6/2016 at 15:40, Lav50 said:

True. MLS is complexed so I ruled it out moment I saw him..no point adding the half done league that would just take up place for new features and take up storage

Are the complex rules fully implemented in the FMs? I might be wrong but MLS existed since the CM era, isn't it?

I wonder if China would have been as popular this year or year before. I wonder what happens if their finances dry up in a few years? A very strange and popular choice in my opinion, I see why SI would want it but general fans?

1 hour ago, Ashez said:

I wonder if China would have been as popular this year or year before. I wonder what happens if their finances dry up in a few years? A very strange and popular choice in my opinion, I see why SI would want it but general fans?

I see what you mean, and that's kind of what's happening in Russia now.

The only league that wouldn't bother me, for some reason, is the Turkish league. It simply doesn't appeal to me...

Good example, I just hardly recall China ever being mentioned and seeing it beating leagues like Argentina, Russia and Turkey which have always been popular suggestions confuses me. 

On 6/10/2016 at 16:18, Jens said:

I'm intensely hoping for at least a simplified version of the MLS and Denmark. The Danes have so much potential, when you think about it.

If not those, I'm hoping Switzerland or Mexico.

As a Dane i agree - and many players from the league would be bargain buys for clubs in the bigger leagues