Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fish18ish

Players in Britain who need stat upgrades in FMM2017

Before I start, I'm sorry if anyone has done anything similar, I'm not aware of it. I also want to say that I'm not saying SI are wrong, merely that I would like to see these players improved. I should also clarify that this is not official, just my opinion.

So, with Football Manager Mobile 2017 on the horizon, and the hype train beginning to fill with passengers, I have been contemplating which players in England need stat boosts. These potential boosts will be based upon the policy which SI researchers adopt; recent form and changes in player's circumstances. I also want to reject any cases of bius for my team, Norwich City. I would never do such a thing :P

In no particular order, here we go:

1. Jacob Murphy

Screenshot_2016-10-07-16-13-15.png

Having had a brilliant start to the season, Jacob is Norwich's top scorer and has definitely overtaken his brother, Josh in the pecking order. His stats do not currently reflect this, and he normally struggles to break into the team on saves. Above all this season, he has showcased immense composure, strength and work rate, so I'm hoping he won't simply be a pace merchant for the next installment of the series.

2. Sadio Mané

Screenshot_2016-10-07-16-20-00.png

Along with many of his Liverpool team mates, Sadio has looked truly world class so far this season, and his stats do not reflect that. Many questioned his pricetag after his big money move in the summer, but so far he's been worth every penny and more. His teamwork and decisions could particularly do with an upgrade, as he has fitted in wonderfully with the well oiled machine that now is Liverpool.

3. Raheem Sterling

Screenshot_2016-10-07-16-22-27.png

Following an underwhelming first season at the Etihad for the former Liverpool speedster, Raheem has really stepped up a gear this season. He has proven to be a key player in Guardiola's 'Juego de Posicion' system, scoring and creating plenty of goals from the wide areas. At the moment in FMM his stats are poorly rounded, which doesn't seem to be the case anymore, going on recent form.

4. Son Heung-Min

Screenshot_2016-10-07-16-33-39.png

After a topsy-turvy first season with Spurs, Son has made a big impact in Tottenham's front four, adding some pace and goal scoring ability from the wide areas that wasn't present before. He was linked with a quick return to Germany in the summer, but any chance of that has been brushed aside with his good form. His improved decisiveness in front of goal has been particularly prevalent, making him a much better rounded, and more of an attacking threat.

5. Michael McGovern

Screenshot_2016-10-07-16-39-20.png

Michael's transfer to Norwich in the summer had me scratching my head, thinking he could be no more than third choice, even with his excellent euros. But since then, Declan Rudd's unwarranted loan spell (again), and a combination of injury issues and poor form for Ruddy, has left McGovern as Norwich's first choice keeper, and he has taken his chance excellently. A spell of top form with some world class saves and a reassured presence has helped Norwich in their run of good form, even when the team hasn't been at it's best.

6. Romelu Lukaku

Screenshot_2016-10-07-16-44-39.png

Romelu has typically had a habit of scoring goals but not contributing as much to the team in recent years. However, the signs so far this season, suggest that all has changed. Having finally put teamwork and poacher's instinct together, which should see him gain a role change (to complete forward), as well as boosts to his teamwork and creativity.

Other worthy mentions include De Bruyne, Coutinho, Capoue and Matip, but all of them have stats sufficiently representative of their form at the moment, so can't really be upgraded that drastically.

This is the first time I've written anything even remotely close to serious on here so I would really appreciate feedback of any kind.

Please comment on which players you think are worthy of big upgrades in FMM2017, and I look forward to reading your replies ;)

Some interesting names there. Totally agree with your Murphy example , his brother was a beast on 15 but Jacob has moved ahead for now. 

Mane could get a bump and will imho just for his move to Liverpool. Whilst on the subject of Liverpool I think Lallana deserves an increase and I'm not just saying that as a family friend lol. 

Not too sure on Lukaku, he is a bit hit and miss to get too much of a bump. Yannick Bolasie will get a major increase in that Everton team. 

I'm not up to date with Sterling on FMM, he was decent but recent patches may have hammered him. He will probably be about the same as he was when he first joined City so an increase if he was marked down previously.  

Yes, Bolasie is a good shout. A few of Everton's players might get upgrades if they can maintain something around their current position.

Nice list mate. I agree with sadio mane needing a good upgrade because 1) He moved to a big club 2) He has been playing well for that club (Liverpool are 4th) and scoring goals

11 hours ago, YunBoMi said:

Son!!! He is a good player in korea

Also I think lee seung woo and paik seung ho in barcelona b need to be upgrade

Sorry if it wasn't clear but this covers the major English leagues only. My knowledge doesn't stretch much further than that ?

All of the players listed are getting some CA and PA changes this year. I haven't looked at the individual attributes yet though.

Edited by Marc Duffy

Nice read mate :) 

The obvious one to mention is Rooney. He's going to be a monster on 2017 (without reason mind). He'll likely be a god at striker, attacking midfield and now normal midfield! He's always been overrated in game and he's just going to get better even though he's nosedived in real life haha. 

4 hours ago, Marc Duffy said:

All of the players listed are getting some CA and PA changes this year. I haven't looked at the individual attributes yet though.

Nice to know I haven't made any completely ludicrous suggestions then ?

41 minutes ago, Ashez said:

Nice read mate :) 

The obvious one to mention is Rooney. He's going to be a monster on 2017 (without reason mind). He'll likely be a god at striker, attacking midfield and now normal midfield! He's always been overrated in game and he's just going to get better even though he's nosedived in real life haha. 

Yea, looking back on it, can't believe I didn't mention him, his form has been breathtaking ???

Although to be fair you are a Liverpool fan, so he's unlikely to be your favourite player :P

Edited by Fish18ish

What about Super Mario lol 

Though it is too early..he is always good at start until personality kicks in, who knows though, maybe he finally came to his senses

16 hours ago, Fish18ish said:

Nice to know I haven't made any completely ludicrous suggestions then ?

Not all the CA and PA is going in the way you want though :)

2 hours ago, Marc Duffy said:

Not all the CA and PA is going in the way you want though :)

I'm going to assume Lukaku is in for a nerf then.

Really enjoyed reading this. I wouldn't agree with them all but it's great to know others options. For me I would say Jack Cork,  Adam Forshaw,  Michail Antonio,  Jordan Pickford and Tom Heaton should be on there as well. 

6 minutes ago, Giorgi said:

Danny Rose should get an upgrade as well IMO.

Yes, didn't think of him but he had a decent Euros.

2 hours ago, JustM1kePlays said:

Really enjoyed reading this. I wouldn't agree with them all but it's great to know others options. For me I would say Jack Cork,  Adam Forshaw,  Michail Antonio,  Jordan Pickford and Tom Heaton should be on there as well. 

Yes, the two goalkeepers you mentioned seem to be doing quite well but I'm not all that familiar with either so didn't feel it was my place to say. Antonio definitely does need an upgrade, he often seems to be no more than a rotation player on the game at the moment and I can't believe I didn't think of him now ?

1 hour ago, MrTahor said:

Griezmann needs an upgrade.

I'd imagined the title change would've made this clear, but the article covers players based in Britain only.

Dele Alli, Michael Keane, Ben Gibson, Marcus Radford, Andre Gray, Oliver Burke (formerly at N. Forrest and now at Bundesliga's RB Leipzig), Kieran Tierney, and my man Kelechi Iheanacho.

7 hours ago, Onyedikachi said:

Dele Alli, Michael Keane, Ben Gibson, Marcus Radford, Andre Gray, Oliver Burke (formerly at N. Forrest and now at Bundesliga's RB Leipzig), Kieran Tierney, and my man Kelechi Iheanacho.

Some pretty good names in there. Gray perhaps being the most worthy. Rashford's stats probably aren't at the level they should be either.

On 09.10.2016 at 21:32, Fish18ish said:

Yes, didn't think of him but he had a decent Euros.

Yes, the two goalkeepers you mentioned seem to be doing quite well but I'm not all that familiar with either so didn't feel it was my place to say. Antonio definitely does need an upgrade, he often seems to be no more than a rotation player on the game at the moment and I can't believe I didn't think of him now ?

I'd imagined the title change would've made this clear, but the article covers players based in Britain only.

I am sorry, my bad.