Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Career Taffs "The Golden Oldies" Attempts (Complete)

Taff

Hello fellow Vibers and I'm back with another Challenge attempt

After finishing my 1K attempt I was looking for a nice short career to press on with before the release of FMM17

This one caught my eye as it's by the man who now has to be considered a 1K legend after his Greyed Out Player 1K the man of course being @kts365

He came up with this challenge and since it didn't seem to be getting any love I took it upon myself to give it a go

Here's the link to the original post which explains the Challenge in more detail

http://vibe.community/forums/topic/38298-golden-oldies-challenge/

The basic premise is to take over a team for 5 seasons and sign a new player over the age of 34 every season, then earn points for various tasks ie scoring goals, assists, clean sheets etc

I will be attempting the hard version which involves using a different positioned player each year, GK, Defender, Midfielder, Wide/Attacking Midfielder and Striker

So with that said lets Crack on

Season 1

So to start my season I decided to stick with the EPL and in honor of @Ashez I chose the mighty LFC

IMG_8175.PNG

Now onto the player and I decided to go big (as big as you can with any player over 34) and sign the mighty Italian GK

IMG_8177.PNGIMG_8178.PNG

Gianliugi Buffon the Italian star who is still going strong at 37 and he cost me a whopping £23M to sign which would be ridiculous for any other player over 34 but this is Buffon

So onto the season and how did Buffon and the Team do this season 

Transfers

First our transfers and we only singed two players

IMG_8187.PNG

Buffon obviously and Bolasie from Palace to help the LW position

IMG_8188.PNG

And some unwanted players going out

League and Cups

So we started the season OK but then I switched to a 433 tactic I've been messing with and bang we shot off

IMG_8182.PNGIMG_8180.PNGIMG_8185.PNG

We win the EPL title, Capital One Cup and the Euro Cup in our first season with Buffon having some great games and some horrible ones too

Fixtures

As you can see from the fixture list, Buffon only kept clean sheets in European games until we switched the tactic after the 3-3 draw with Chelsea where he went on a 6 game run without conceding a goal and the rest of the season he did very well

IMG_8189.PNGIMG_8190.PNGIMG_8191.PNGIMG_8192.PNGIMG_8193.PNGIMG_8194.PNGIMG_8195.PNG

Gianluigi Buffon

So how many points did he get this year.

IMG_8186.PNG

Buffon played 59 games (he missed only the last two games of the season against Everton and the Euro Cup Finals against Valencia) got 1 POM award and an avg rating of 7.16, but most importantly he had 29 cleen sheets

So going on @kts365 point system 

POM - 1 = 5 points  

AVG Rating - 7.16 = 0 points 

Cleen Sheets - 29 x 7 = 203 points

So after my first Season Buffon scored 208 points 

My next season will be with a Defensive player so stay tuned

Edited by Taff

Thanks for the praise Taff and for giving this a go. Nice amount of clean sheets there too. Unlucky on the avg rating though it will be more difficult with a keeper.

14 hours ago, kts365 said:

Thanks for the praise Taff and for giving this a go. Nice amount of clean sheets there too. Unlucky on the avg rating though it will be more difficult with a keeper.

Thanks dude, I thought more clean sheets would have meant a better rating but he was either solid as a rock or leakier than a siv all season so not to bummed 

OK guys we're back and I have 4 full seasons to catch you up on so lets get started 

Season 2

So this season we looked at bringing in a defender and found a man who needed a boost in his career 

IMG_8199.PNG

Fabricio Coloccini moves to Anfield after a so so career at St James Park and we hope he can help the team achieve some good results and plenty of clean sheets

Transfers

First our ins and outs this year and not to much coming in

IMG_8462.PNG

Coloccini comes in from Newcastle for £650K, Rulli was a great signing for free to replace Buffon, Bogonda didn't last long and Guedes was the big signing helping out on the LW and RW

IMG_8463.PNG

Just a few unwanted/unused players going out and £8.5M for Grujic was a good bit of business as I had no plans for him and the offer came in so I took it

League

IMG_8445.PNGIMG_8447.PNG

Another league title with only the one loss all season, not the highest scoring season but only 18 conceeded was a good year

Cups

IMG_8405.PNGIMG_8404.PNG

We sneak past PSG on penalties claiming the Euro Super Cup

IMG_8436.PNGIMG_8435.PNG

Guedes clinches the Capital one Cup (should have scored more but a win is a win)

IMG_8452.PNGIMG_8451.PNG

A 2-1 win (all three goals coming in extra time) but we see of Barcelona to clinch the Champions Cup

Fixtures

Here's our full season fixture list

IMG_8453.PNGIMG_8454.PNGIMG_8455.PNGIMG_8456.PNGIMG_8457.PNGIMG_8458.PNGIMG_8459.PNGIMG_8460.PNG

Some good results and plenty of clean sheets

Season Awards

IMG_8449.PNG

Firmino claims the runner up spot in the EPL POTY award

IMG_8450.PNG

And I clinch my second MOTY award

Fabricio Coloccini

So how did our Golden Oldie defender get on this year, well after a slow start we switch to a more defensive tactic which helped no end

IMG_8461.PNG

Not to much to look at here with no Goals, Assists or MOM and a very average 7.09 end of year rating but he did help achieve a few clean sheets

32 in total that's pretty impressive

Goals - 0 = 0

Assists - 0 = 0

MOM - 0 = 0

Clean Sheets - 32 x 5 = 160

End of year Rating - 7.09 = 0

Total - 160 points

Spoiler

IMG_8406.PNGIMG_8407.PNGIMG_8408.PNGIMG_8411.PNGIMG_8412.PNGIMG_8413.PNGIMG_8414.PNGIMG_8415.PNGIMG_8416.PNGIMG_8417.PNGIMG_8418.PNGIMG_8419.PNGIMG_8420.PNGIMG_8421.PNGIMG_8425.PNGIMG_8426.PNGIMG_8427.PNGIMG_8428.PNGIMG_8429.PNGIMG_8430.PNGIMG_8432.PNGIMG_8433.PNGIMG_8434.PNGIMG_8437.PNGIMG_8438.PNGIMG_8439.PNGIMG_8440.PNGIMG_8441.PNGIMG_8442.PNGIMG_8443.PNGIMG_8444.PNGIMG_8446.PNG

So after two season here's how we stand 

Buffon - 208 points

Coloccini - 160 points

Total - 368

@kts365 I think you did better than that in 1 season so I can't see this being close

Edited by Taff

Season 3

Onto our third season and time to get ourselves a midfield player who can hopefully add some points before @kts365 kicks my butt all over the shop :P

So with limited options (couldn't get Yaya Toure to sing with me) we ended up with an unknown player in the form of 

IMG_8464.PNG

Angelo Palombo (never heard of him) but still has some great green stats for a 35 year old so lets get cracking and see how we did

Transfers

First onto the transfer market

IMG_8486.PNG

Some huge business this year bringing in De Bruyne from City for the whopping some of £70M, Mori from Everton to help strengthen my CD, Polter to add a bit of physicality up front, John as a good back up winger, Palombo becomes my most expensive "Golden Oldie" costing £1.2M from Sampdoria then Bender on a free transfer to backup the midfield and a Loan player from SPO who didn't really contribute 

IMG_8487.PNG

Going out pleanty of unhappy players Markovic, Coutinho, Henderson, Benteke and Lallana all wanted more play time so I got rid to help bring in the likes of De Bruyne and help balance the books as it only left me £13.9M down on the year

League

Another year and another league to win

IMG_8483.PNGIMG_8485.PNG

And we win it in style 12 points clear and a much better goal ratio this year and only 2 losses 

Cups

Another good run in the cups this year

IMG_8466.PNGIMG_8465.PNG

A single goal from Sturridge sees off Spurs and helps us claim our first Community Shield 

IMG_8468.PNGIMG_8467.PNG

Markovic (before he left) scores a double to secure our second Euro Super Cup

IMG_8475.PNGIMG_8476.PNG

A Great team win sees us lift the Club World Championship beating Toronto 5-1

IMG_8478.PNGIMG_8479.PNG

A Good win over Palace helps secure another Capital One Cup 

IMG_8488.PNG

We lose out in the FA Cup final to Chelsea

IMG_8492.PNGIMG_8491.PNG

But we go on to claim our second Champions cup beating the Italian Giants Juve 3-1

Fixtures

Our full season fixture list

IMG_8493.PNGIMG_8494.PNGIMG_8495.PNGIMG_8496.PNGIMG_8497.PNGIMG_8498.PNGIMG_8499.PNGIMG_8500.PNG

Season Awards

IMG_8489.PNG

Firmino this time claims the POTY crown with Origi coming second

IMG_8490.PNG

I claim my third MOTY award 

Angelo Palombo

Lets see how my little Midfielder did (Forgot to look at MOM again this is going to kill me)

IMG_8501.PNG

So not bad but far from excellent 

Goals - 4 x 5 = 20

Assists - 14 x 3 = 42

MOM - 0

End of year rating - 7.22 = 0

Total 62

A shocking season and this has to be it no coming back now

Buffon - 208

Coliccini - 160

Palombo - 62

Total - 430

I'm so screwed 

Now these next two season are interesting as both myself and @kts365 have chosen the same two players so there's an added thrill to see who preforms better

Season 4

So for season four I needed an attacking midfield player and there was only one choice

IMG_8502.PNG

The Dutch legend himself Arjen Robben, but can he preform well enough to pull me back into contention 

Transfers

Onto the transfer market we go

IMG_8576.PNG

Alderweireld comes in to partner Mori in the heart of defence, Hughes, Casimero and Gundogan come in to shape the Midfield and Robben and Drost were both very good free agents

IMG_8577.PNG

No real drama here Sturridge lost his spark and went for a measly sum of money the rest just wanted out

League

With Robben acting as my main IF I was hoping to do well in the league

IMG_8570.PNGIMG_8588.PNG

And we storm to our fourth league title breaking the 100 goal mark and leaving our nearest rivals 18 points away

Cups

Could we improve on our cup tally this year

IMG_8519.PNGIMG_8520.PNG

Robben scores on his debut to help us clinch another Community Shield beating Chelsea 3-0

IMG_8527.PNGIMG_8526.PNG

Another new signing Alderweireld scores the only goal to clinch our third consecutive Euro Super cup

IMG_8564.PNGIMG_8565.PNG

We clinch another Club World Championship after seeing off Colo Colo

IMG_8568.PNGIMG_8569.PNG

Robben scores a hat-trick to secure our fourth Capital one cup

IMG_8572.PNGIMG_8571.PNG

A very tight game again sees us lift our first FA Cup this time beating Chelsea in the Final

However Chelsea had revenge knocking us out of the Champions cup

Fixtures

Here's our season fixture list

IMG_8578.PNGIMG_8579.PNGIMG_8580.PNGIMG_8581.PNGIMG_8582.PNGIMG_8583.PNGIMG_8584.PNGIMG_8585.PNG

Some huge results here most notably beating Arsenal 7-1 early on and beating United 7-3 towards the end of the season

Season Awards 

Some more end of season awards this year

IMG_8562.PNG

De Bruyne claiming runner up spot in the WPOTY

IMG_8573.PNG

Robben and Firmino claim 1st and 2nd in the POTY

IMG_8574.PNG

Guedes misses out on the YPOTY

IMG_8575.PNG

And a fourth MOTY award for me

Arjen Robben

How did the Dutch maestro do this year can he help lift my points tally (second season didn't get his MOM stats and that's going to hurt)

IMG_8586.PNG

But a great season helps when he has games like this

IMG_8561.PNG

But his age did show during the season 

IMG_8563.PNG

but still a cracking season

Goals - 49 x 5 = 245

Assists - 18 x 3 = 54

MOM - 0 (Dammit)

End of Year Rating - 8.51 - 100

Total - 399

My best season by far but I'm way to far behind KTS365 now

Buffon - 208

Coliccini - 160

Palombo - 62

Robben - 399

Total - 829

Which leaves me only needing 656 points to beat @kts365 I've got this in the Bag LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Taff

Season 5

So onto our final season and needing only 656 points to beat my rival (as we're the only ones trying this) @kts365, I go in "High" on confidence 

As I said last season we both ended up with the same players for season 4 and 5 so it's my honor to present the same striker as my competitor

IMG_8590.PNG

seriously neither of us could get anyone to sign with us we both wanted Ronaldo and both ended up with Nugent so we are both winners yeah!!!!

Transfers

A very quiet season for the transfer window this year

IMG_8626.PNG

Nugent was the only signing and another free addition

IMG_8627.PNG

More unhappy players out with John, Ings and Allen shown the door 

League

Another year and.....

IMG_8604.PNGIMG_8609.PNG

another win and another comfortable one at that winning 31 out of 38 and only loosing 1 and just shy of 100 points 

Cups

IMG_8592.PNGIMG_8591.PNG

An easy win sees us open the season in style over United and claim the Community Shield yet again

IMG_8601.PNGIMG_8602.PNG

We beat Man U for the second time to claim the Capital One Cup

IMG_8613.PNGIMG_8612.PNG

Nugent and Firmino clinch the goals to bring the FA Cup back to Anfield 

IMG_8615.PNGIMG_8614.PNG

And for all the Liverpool faithful this will bring a smile as we beat Man U for the third time in a cup compitition to clinch the Champions Cup

Fixtures

Season fixture list

IMG_8618.PNGIMG_8619.PNGIMG_8620.PNGIMG_8621.PNGIMG_8622.PNGIMG_8623.PNGIMG_8624.PNGIMG_8625.PNG

Season Awards

IMG_8599.PNG

De Bruyne this time does claim the WPOTY

IMG_8610.PNG

Firmino and De Bruyne claim 1st and 2nd in the POTY awards

IMG_8611.PNG

And a fifth consecutive MOTY award for yours truly 

David Nugent

So how did the ex Riverside man do this year enough to win me the challenge...

IMG_8616.PNG

Of course not laughably no where near, but did better than I would have thought possible (and I remembered to get the MOM info this time)

Goals - 23 x 5 = 115

Assist - 22 x 3 = 66

MOM - 8 x 5 = 40

End of Year Rating - 40

Total - 261

So our grand final total

Buffon - 208

Coliccini - 160

Palombo - 62

Robben - 399

Nugent - 261

Grand Total - 1090

Not as bad as I thought but we finished 394 points off @kts365

So my hat is tipped to you sir for creating the challenge and for kicking my ass doing it

Edited by Taff

Great attempt mate. you got so much more out of Nugent than I did so kudos for that.

Post this link in this thread please dude.

Edited by kts365
1 hour ago, Real_Random said:

So close mate. That MOM info could've made it much tighter. KIU

Cheers dude feel like such an ass especially with Robben he probably lost lots of points by not getting that info

but hats off to @kts365 for using his first three players better than I did (taking pens corners etc) as they say fortune favours the bould